[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The '00s didn't have a unique aesthet-

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_2529.jpg (348KB, 810x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2529.jpg
348KB, 810x1080px
The '00s didn't have a unique aesthet-
>>
Who says that?
>>
>>36950500
That doesn't look remotely unique. In fact, it looks much more 90's than anything, which is unsurprising given that that's clearly an early season and the show was first aired in the year 2000.
>>
00's aesthetic involved flash animation and unitasker electronics.
>>
Wasn't there a kind of 60s/70s aesthetic revival in the early 00s. I vaguely remember it but my memory is shot.
>>
>>36950641
He's talking about the show itself you double nigger
>>
The late '90s and early '00s were a weird time for aesthetic in TV and film.
>>
>>36950684
There's a supposed thing called the "Forty Year Rule," where the aesthetics from four decades or so ago start to make a return. We had 1940s/1950s thing in the 80s/90s (ex.: The Mask, Happy Days, etc). And as you may have noticed lately, the 80s aesthetics has been making a return.
>>
File: .jpg (30KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
.jpg
30KB, 480x360px
>>36950500
This was '00s aesthetic.
>>
>>36950500
the 2000's aesthetic (especially in music videos) was to turn the contrast up and have everything saturated in one color. if they were in the house, everything is beige/brown. outside, everything's green. in a club, red. etc. now everything's all drab and washed out (like society itself)
>>
I was skimming through some of the episodes on Netflix today and it's funny because I watched three where the "gang" (Malcolm/Reese/Stevie) came across a group of girls and in each scenario one of the girls would be black as if to imply that she was meant to be paired with Stevie.

It's worth mentioning because it goes to show how swell race-relations were back in those days. Everything was implicit with no need to acknowledge why things were done a certain way.
>>
File: 607486010_1609048.gif (513KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
607486010_1609048.gif
513KB, 400x400px
The 2000s had Myspace-tier aesthetics.
>>
nice doubles my dude
>>
>>36950827
The 80s made a return in the late 2000s and people kinda dropped it

It might be "back" now but it's mostly just pedestrian redditors jerking off the past because it happened in the past

>>36951063
>It's worth mentioning because it goes to show how swell race-relations were back in those days.
It absolutely wasn't. General society was far more uptight regarding political correctness and it finally reached a boiling point where people said "fuck it" some time around the late 2000s.

The people that were getting more liberal kept getting more liberal to the point of absurdity but general society rebounded.
>>
Of course the early 2000's had a unique aesthetic. Watch American pie and you'll see it, but it was more of a carry over of late 90's aesthetics.

Stripped Ts, frosted tips, chin goatees, bleached jeans, vivid makeup on girls and short straight hair etc.

Starting in 2004 it kind of merged into emo aesthetics which then became the kind of vague ephemeral era we're in now. I'm not even sure what our aesthetics are at the moment.
>>
>>36951431
I think we're long overdue for another Great Depression so I assume in the not-so-near-but-not-too-distant-either future the 2010s will be viewed in a similar light to the 1920s as a time of lavishness and overindulgence.
>>
>>36951269
All this "80s music" that's just modern music with superficial 80s aesthetics is really annoying. Nobody ever tries to make variations on shit like this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01FNU3vg34s
>>
>>36951568
There's music like that being made today. But it's not nearly as popular as le epic synthwave track #90000000001.
>>
>>36951503

the 20's may have been a bubble, but the economy was good.

The economy has been shit since 9/11.

I think 2010 era was a shit bro tier aesthetic with flat brimmed baseball caps, at east that's the way it was when I was a lad.
>>
>>36951603
Well, it wasn't mainstream back then. There's a science to popular music, and the traits that make it pop stay relevant.
>>
>>36951431
>I'm not even sure what our aesthetics are at the moment

It'll be obvious once it's over. These days girls at least all seem to be wearing crop tops or very loose singlets, leggings, and boots.
>>
the 2000s were just a shittier version of everything we have now
>>
give me some early 2000's aesthetic images, I'm trying to learn how to capture it in art
pls no bully
>>
File: tania-raymonde-tattoos.jpg (2MB, 5936x3993px) Image search: [Google]
tania-raymonde-tattoos.jpg
2MB, 5936x3993px
>Cynthia looks like this now
Why can't they stay cute?
>>
>>36951739

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTMVOzPPtiw

here you go senpai
>>
In The End's music video is what I think of when I hear 2000s.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVTXPUF4Oz4

Maybe also the general Myspace aesthetic.
>>
MySpace aesthetic was the MTV aesthetic of our time
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.