[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

2008 - 2012

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

Those years are the golden age of humanity.

Those years...
Years...
The culture of those years are just so pristine and beautiful, occasionally, it makes me shed a tear from here to there. Let's make an example... I want you to envision me as your favorite teacher, lecturing you about your favorite subject. Let me be the Willy Wonka to your factory that is your mind... Alas I digress...
Let's take Diary of a Wimpy Kid... I bet you can remember yourself watching that, however old you may be, either going to the movie theater to popping a tape into the CD player and kicking back after another hard day in Middle School. I bet you loved Diary of a Wimpy Kid, and hell, you may still to this very day. I guarantee that you remember the first time you saw Chirag talk about the cheese, or the first comic-type cut scene. I bet you loved it. Every last second of it... You remember the heart wrenching moment the movie ended, with you just longing for "just a few more minutes!"... I bet you remember the exact moment you found out about the next 2 movies. Although you may not like the movie, I'm sure as Chirag is Indian you remember, at least.
Am I taking you back? I bet I am.
But what happened to that glorious series? Shit. Shit happened. A new movie? A new book? In 2017, or whatever year you may be reading this on, are polar opposites culturally. You can't bring back the good old days of things from that era, and that is why that time period is the golden age.
1920s?
30's?
40's?
No. 2008 - 2012

I would love to elaborate more on this, but sadly I have run out of characters. I hope you people agree with me, and feel free to post your responses below.

Thank you! Have a beautiful day, /r9k/, I love you
>>
wtf is diary of a wimpy kid
>>
>>36950235
I'm 24 and I've heard of it. It's some middle school teen angst bullshit melodrama. I certainly wasn't going to watch that shit.
>>
>>36950046
Wrong. 2001-2006 was the golden age of humanity.
>>
>>36950395
What about 2007?
We don't speak about that year...
>>
>Obama years
>golden

How young are you OP? I was 18 in w
2008 and I even admit is was an absolutely objectively terrible time

The only correct answer for golden years is 1992-1999 anything else is wrong
>>
>>36950669

I was 16 in 2008...
>>
oldfag here

your teenage neuroplastic brain latches on to anything, you enjoy shitty music, shitty movies, shitty memes and that period from around 14 to 21 seems like a golden age, but it's not, it is all the same old shit, just rehashed with modern technology and in time you will have a jaded view of it like everyone else and cringe at your past self
>>
>>36950669

Also I would agree with you, but you just cannot replicate that era. And that's what I love it for...
>>
>>36950669
I would agree with you, but you just cannot replicate that era. There is just no way.

From the movies, to the games, and the overall culture
>>
>>36950751
Fuck
Illusion shattered
Stop spoiling the fun
>>
>>36950751

((dude I'm just being a faggot, you think I'm being serious the fucking Diary of a Wimpy Kid as a main point?))
>>
>watching the movies instead of reading the books
>>
>>36950832
the books are the new bible

all other media is normie shit
>>
I'm 27 now. Back in 08-2012 was good for me because I was younger and thought I had the world at my grasp. Now doors are closing so fucking fast and opportunities are gone forever. The hindsight is what's fucking me over.
>>
>>36950046
>Let's take Diary of a Wimpy Kid

And thats where i stopped reading.

No wonder op thinks 08-12 was great, hes fuckin 15!!
>>
>tfw golden age of piracy is dying
>tfw no more pre-netflix culture
>tfw streamlined game systems so you can buy shit instantly online instead of getting new game discs at the store or renting them at a hollywood video
>tfw getting high on cough medicine was fairly obscure and/or looked down upon by other druggies
>tfw miss those few years immediately after high school (high school itself was hell on earth would not want to repeat/10) because they were the only time you ever really felt alive and free

Hold me bros
>>
>>36950875
Dude I could never agree with you more. That era was a time of innocence and relaxation. for most.
>>
>>36950800

You mean you can't replicate the global financial system collapsing and Iraq war anxiety? Geez what a time to be alive OP.

The only redeeming thing about that time was the Dark Knight in movie culture.

2004 at least had enough aesthetics. Again, the 90s were the golden age of culture and gaming and aesthetics. Nothing else comes close
>>
>>36950885
I'm holding you man...
That's why I made this post...
>>
>>36950875
What doors are closing?
>>
>>36950914

I'm mainly focusses on the culture part of the era. All other things sucked. But I guess you could say that about any time period
>>
>>36950876
((dude i'm just being a fag and sucking shitty cultures dick))
>>
>>36950875

I'm 27 too and 2008 was when the depression that's been with me my entire adult life set in.

I don't remember it fondly
>>
File: youtube2008.png (177KB, 935x555px) Image search: [Google]
youtube2008.png
177KB, 935x555px
2005-2008 was better. So I agree with you OP that 2008 was still good. 2009-2012 not so much.
>>
>>36950235
>>36950271
its a movie about le nerds lelelelelel so geeky xdxd
>>
>>36951672

haha IRONIC right? xdddddddd
>>
>>36950046
As stupid as this sounds, the golden age of Hardstyle was around 2008, and has since evolved into more mainstream sounds.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.