[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Being yourself

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: jimmy pop.jpg (76KB, 395x600px) Image search: [Google]
jimmy pop.jpg
76KB, 395x600px
does being yourself even work or is it just a meme? how has it worked for you?
>>
depends who you are desu.
for the majority of robots, I would say being yourself is not a great idea
>>
>>36939684
I spent years trying to decipher what turned out to be a meme answer.
My thoughts went something along the lines of "If you aren't acting fake, but being who you really are around someone; It's not more likely that they will like you, but if they do like you they will like the real you and not the mask you were wearing. If they don't like the real you then both parties save time finding that out."

In retrospect I don't think people ever really try to figure out who others really are most of the time. They just get their impression and then build an imaginary character in their mind. Then get upset when the person breaks character from who they imagined them to be.
>>
File: 1489718975102.jpg (24KB, 547x471px) Image search: [Google]
1489718975102.jpg
24KB, 547x471px
Being myself had lowered Everyone's expectations about me all through highschool so I never really had to do anything and the teachers gave me all the answers. It worked out great
>>
Real talk, being yourself is actually like, the fucking key to being a normal person with a social life, there's no "normies" everyone is fucked up and crazy, just in ways different than you. Like regardless of how whacky and fucked up you are, being confident and being yourself works. Like I'm an absolute shit-stain druggie neet boy who takes female hormones because I'm vein and like to be pretty, and I have a girlfriend and people generally like me, because I keep shit real.
>>
>>36939737
>They just get their impression and then build an imaginary character in their mind. Then get upset when the person breaks character from who they imagined them to be.

This happens more times than it should. Then again, it's not that easy to figure someone out, especially in the beginning when that image about someone is created. It is what it is.
>>
>>36939792
>people generally like me
>boy who takes female hormones

No wonder you're so deluded, considering you're mentally ill. In case you're also clinically stupid, I'm people and I don't like you.
>>
>>36939898
You don't count, you're an angry nerd on 4chan with no social life. The people I meet in real life get along with me, I have a girlfriend so like just by that fact alone I'm doing better than most people on this board. Maybe if you had more of a social life you wouldn't be so reasonlessly angry at people who are just trying to give advice.
>>
>>36939684
If you're a nice person, b urself is the only way to go. If you're naturally a piece of shit, which the majority of you are probably, being urself won't work.
>>
"be yourself" only works if you fall within the accepted range of "normal" personality types.
>>
>>36940210
See
>>36939792
No one is normal. Like when I worked a job for a few months no one was normal. One guy was an intentionally hateful sperg who overanalyzed everything, one was just actually genuinely a fucking pervert, like a woman could not walk by without him making some type of creepy comment, one was a power-tripping ego freak who kept refusing to do portions of her job to show who's REALLY the boss. There were more but it'd take me forever to list all of the fuck ups who were in my presence. Getting to know people makes you realize that everybody is really weird and fucked up, being scared of social interaction or a weeb or whatever is by far not the worst traits a person could have, people who have an easier time putting themselves out there are not above you. I'm sure people would respond a lot kinder than you would expect if you just put yourself out there.
But also like >>36940176 said, try and be nice.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.