[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Made a thread a while ago, same image, not many people replied

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 6

File: 1587939848577.jpg (15KB, 289x215px) Image search: [Google]
1587939848577.jpg
15KB, 289x215px
Made a thread a while ago, same image, not many people replied

Basically I have life on easy mode,

>tfw will probably inherit north of a million
>tfw given opportunities growing up
>tfw still waste away days doing nothing
>tfw still a cyborg
>tfw still end up here

What do I do with life? I don't want to become a NEET and leech off my family forever, but I don't want to go into any normie jobs either. What would /r9k/ do?
>>
>>36935608
Do what I do in my free time. Treasure hunting. Find a legend or a historical truth near where you live, and look for it! I've already found a few abandoned mines. It's fun!
Then, write about your findings, maybe post it as a blog, or sell it to news organizations etc...
>>
>>36935608
You are an absolute failure and should be disappointed in yourself.
>>
>>36935627
Sounds fun actually, know any sites with that kind of info?
>>36935639
>Posting this on /r9k/
>>
>>36935608
Get 3 hobbies and get good at them, a physical one, creative/mental one, and a marketable one. Just practice those all day instead of min wagecucking and you'll be well rounded and skilled
>>
I would "leech" off my family forever, because I'm not enough of a cuck to work when I'm a goddamn millionaire.
Also it won't be leeching because I'm actually on good terms with my family, unlike you FUCKING backwards amerifat. American families are so FUCKED I feel so sorry for you poor wretches.
>>
>>36935677
You're right. I just saw the inheritance number and thought of all the opportunities squandered.
>>
>>36935689
Physical: No idea, hunting maybe?
Creative: I could learn an instrument/write a book/learn to draw
Marketable: Freelance programming/animation?

Actually a seriously good reply, thanks.
>>
I had an idea today, which is only possible with a significant amount of startup capital.

Soon (if not already), bitcoin mining will become practically unsustainable with current electricity/operating costs. A way to circumvent this and make practically pure profit, is to invest in some land in a desert area (or anywhere with a significant amount of sun) and a solar panel array. Then you just need a whole lot of machines (as many as can be run by the grid without outside power) and the software expertise to actually run the mining operations.
>>
>>36935703
Just to be clear I'm an ausfag. Also what's your issue with the amerifats? They don't seem that bad to me.
>>36935712
To be fair you're not wrong. You sound kinda bitter, like you've squandered your own opportunities. Wanna share?
>>
>>36935760
Bitcoins could be a decent way to make money, but I don't think solar powered super installations will be needed to mine them, especially with Moore's law.
>>
shoot yourself with one of your many guns jc
>>
>>36935817
Moore's law is irrelevant in this case, because it's not insufficient processing speed which is lowering profit on btc mining. The problem is bitcoin hashes are being halved at certain intervals to reduce inflation, whilst power costs remain the same (or in my area, increase). A lot of miners will have to exit the business because it's simply no longer cost effective. If you can remove the electricity expense altogether, you'll be able to operate a large scale operation no matter how low hashes go. Moore's law, if anything, will increase your returns over time
>>
>>36935899
Interesting theory but I would wonder, if power prices climb to a point where bitcoin mining is not cost competitive, wouldn't it be more profitable to just sell my power to the grid? (Seeing as it is still the same 'worth' of power I would be using. That being said I guess this could work on a smaller scale. Think a Desktop sized box and a few panels.
>>
>>36935784
Im in my freshman year of college and am studying to become a doctor. I have never been challenged in school and found busywork (i.e homework) stupid and not worth my time.
This made me have a shit work ethic and studying skills.
I know that I am capable of becoming a doctor because i am pretty smart, scored in the 95-96 percentile of my ACT test. But since i have shit work ethic i feel that i am throwing my intelligence down the drain.

Jesus, talking about this makes me depressed.
>>
>>36935977
Tbh, this is the kind of thing I'm afraid of. I've got potential, but I'm sure that if I try to do something like college I'll waste time and scrape by. I'm here because I want to know how cyborgs like me can find a place in society where our lack of motivation for things that we don't necessarily enjoy won't stop us from working.

TL;DR I know the feel
>>
>>36935946
I don't think they generally give you full (normal consumer) price when selling to the grid. They employ the usual retail markup shenanigans, or at least I'd imagine so. In any case, set up a solar panel array and sell to the grid if it's equally as profitable! At least you're not squandering your inheritance
>>
>>36935608
Invest in something you think is cool. If I had hella money, I'd commission a good was artist and write a sweet comic. Market and self publish.
>>
File: 1389530604581.jpg (13KB, 300x360px) Image search: [Google]
1389530604581.jpg
13KB, 300x360px
>tfw working for around three hundred bucks a month
>tfw eating ramen and rice most of the time
>tfw can't buy anything I like and I live only with the basics
Anyone feeling generous for a poor college fuck?
>>
>>36936177
Power is a hard industry to get into without scale, but I like the idea of investing in something.
>>36936192
This sounds more like it. I'm guessing you have things you'd invest in/products you'd make if you had money. Would you mind sharing?
>>
File: 1486429031589.jpg (47KB, 402x402px) Image search: [Google]
1486429031589.jpg
47KB, 402x402px
>>36936207
I honestly don't deserve any of this. I don't think I can imagine how you feel. What's it like?
>>
File: 1486360338326.png (53KB, 161x163px) Image search: [Google]
1486360338326.png
53KB, 161x163px
Im working for the military and thats pretty chill
>get decent money
>cant get fired unless you kill someone
>nice and interrsting work
>yeah...
No solider btw
Im not sure how your country handles this but here in germany you can work for the Bundeswehr without uniform or commiting for anything
>>
>>36936265
In a word, shitty, have to manage my time so I can work and study for my classes/exams very thoroughly.Mostly I don't have any free time because I'll try to do anything that could get me money, like handing flyers or store nightshifts.
>>
>>36936290
Being German sounds comfy. I started learning German on duolingo not long ago actually. Do you think it's worthwhile?
>>36936297
Time management with money concerns sounds hard. How about your concept of money? How much money is 'a lot'? 300 (I'm guessing ameribucks) a month sounds like a tiny amount to me. I can't help but feel my perception of money is completely detached from reality.
>>
>>36936382
In my country 300$ is not a lot but it's good money, a lot would be 700-1k,that kind of money could change a life.
>>
>>36936401
>Change a life
H...how?
What country btw?
>>
>>36936382
The language is hard to learn, even harder to master. But a lot of germans speak english, even if its just a few words so its quite likely they will unterstand you. But its not worth it unless you want to live here.
>>
>>36935608
literally just stop thinking and do whatever you want. if you have money then you don't have to worry.
>>
>>36936428
I live in Romania, 1k could be invested or you could live with no stress for 3-4 months.
>>
>>36936447
How hard it is to move to Germany? Also what are the attitudes towards immigrants like? I don't plan on moving anywhere at the moment but if I go somewhere in the future Germany is one of the likely places.
>>
>>36935784
take it from a real amerifat, our family lies are indeed absolutely fucked up
>>
>>36936456
1 million ausfag dollars doesn't go as far as you think. Then again I don't really have an accurate perception of money.
See:
>>36936457
What's the rate of return on capital investment in Romania. At 5% 1k would only get you like 50bucks a year. Is that really enough?
>>
>>36936481
It depends on why youre here. I guess you know were currently having some trouble with our fellow peaceful immigrants but if you come here to work and speak the language nobody will ask any questions. Foreigeners are quite common. Nobody will notice you
>>
>>36936510
I didn't mean capital investment.You could try to start a business and have success.
>>
>>36936525
So a german speaking ausfag would be accepted like a native?
>>36936531
Oh right, so you'd be contributing your own labor as well right?
>>
>>36936568
Of course, it's not a huge fortune but if you work hard enough you could make something amazing.
>>
>>36936568
Just like we accept all the turks. There really are a lot of them here.
>>
>>36936590
Do most people in eastern Europe think like this?
>>36936593
Tensions heating up?
>>
>>36936631
What do you mean by 'think like this'?
>>
>>36936646
I mean that if given the opportunity, they would be willing to work and contribute to society. I feel like a lot of people in the west are incredibly lazy, myself included. To be clear it's a compliment, not an insult.
>>36936486
How so? I was under the impression it was pretty similar to here.
>>
>>36936631
Actually no. Most of the turks came here decades ago and are in the second or even third Generation. The ones causing problems right now are the refugees. But even though awareness has risen the popular opinion hasnt changed and the vast majority still welcomes them.
>>
>>36936679
Not really, most of my people go into other countries to work for couple grand a month and they come home with a second hand BMW and think they are gods. I hardly met any people that want to invest their money or have the will to work. I only have another colleague in my class of 30 students that has a job too, most of them prefer to sit on their asses all day and play LoL while their parents give them money.
>>
File: zHY6oKA.jpg (29KB, 628x504px) Image search: [Google]
zHY6oKA.jpg
29KB, 628x504px
>>36936710
>second hand BMW and think they are gods
Sounds annoying as fuck to deal with, I remember some kid in primary school would always boast about "being rich" and that bugged me even back then. Any stories?

Also what do you think you're gonna do when you finish studying?
>>
>>36936756
Well stories I've got lots, I come from a rural area, climbed my way to college but the village I come from has lots of people that work outside. Males would do construction and females would be maids, clean old people asses, stuff like that. Well, they spend good years of their life living there and saving up couple grands, when they come home, like 90% of them must buy a used car and go in every pub to brag, bonus points if it's a BMW,dunno why. These stupid fucks would either get their friends over and have parties until they leave again or gamble their unspent money. The other 10% are ok people,they had to leave so they could offer their children a better life and they're building a better house with those money.
When I finish college I hope that I'll get a good paid job here or leave this shit country to work in the domain.
>>
>>36936842
So they trade the best years of their lives for one cheapo BMW?
>>
>>36936896
That sums it up.
>>
File: XMzoJea.gif (493KB, 350x193px) Image search: [Google]
XMzoJea.gif
493KB, 350x193px
>>36936914
Thread's dying, I might bail and come back if new people join. They sound pretty sad to be honest. Good luck with your life.
>>
>>36936679
i don't know much about australia but my perception is that you're all mostly well-adjusted career oriented middle class blonde people with a penchant for frivolous consumerism(much like americans)
you know, you guys just seem like level headed normal basic inoffensive people

i mean a lot of americans live in a state of perpetual daddyOfive-tier chaos
>>
>>36937053
The consumerism is a shame but you're about right for most of the population, though there are probably more brunettes than blondes.

That being said, we do still have issues with people who live on social support abusing/neglecting children.

The pastor at my school was an American guy and he seemed pretty nice, took good care of his kids etc, though he is a pretty small sample group to go off.
>>
>>36935608
Dude, you don't have to do anything or you can do whatever you want if money ain't the problem.
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.