[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Never heard of counter strike

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

> be me
> never heard of counter strike
> decide to buy all three games
> play CSG
> play vanilla 1.6
> mfw
What the fuck have i been missing holy shit this is fun !
>>
Ok, great thread buddy
Have fun
>>
>>36934844
yea and its cheap and it runs on my crappy factory manufactured rig from like 09
>>
>>36934817
>>never heard of counter strike
how is that possible
euro and third world countries have a huge culture around it
i'm guessing you are an american and were into halo or some shit
>>
>>36934817
makes any other shooter feel easy once you get gud
>>
If you've played any shooter before CS should feel pretty similar. It's one the underpinning games of the genre.
>>
>>36935229
Counter strike was made by Americans autismo
>>
File: america.jpg (169KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
america.jpg
169KB, 1024x768px
>>36934817
1.5 will always be my favorite because of nostalgia, even though WON sorta sucked compared to Steam.

1.6 is much cleaner and polished, in terms of gameplay, in my opinion, than CS:S or GS:GO.

CS:S is a bit easier, but the gameplay never felt the same, especially after Orange Box came out. It's the only one I really play anymore.

CS:GO is normalfag trash.

If you want to play a WWII game in similar style to 1.6, play Day of Defeat 1.3. It's one of the best shooters of all time.

>balanced without being boring
>great maps
>teamwork is important
>guns are all useful in some way
>somewhat realistic, at least for a game its age
>not realistic to the point of autism like ARMA or Red Orchestra: Ost Front
>rocket launchers

Day of Defeat: Source was sort of a let down, but I still played the hell out of it.
>>
>>36935492
he wasn't talking about where it was made. back in the day countries like germany, sweden and the netherlands were really big on esports. in some games, the US scene was simply much smaller.
>>
>>36935492
it has never been as popular in the states as it is in euroland or third world countries
USA is the biggest consumer of consoletrash
don't be stupid
>>
>>36935406
not really imo
if you get REALLY gud it makes every other shooter feel completely alien

i remember playing 1.6 exclusively for a long time (like months at a time with no letup) and then switching to ut2k4 all of a sudden and i was terrible because i was using 1.6 logic about how i should be shooting and how much damage a gun might do

>>36935568
dod is the obvious connection but wolf ET is also a pretty good WWII shooter with a lot of similar gameplay/teamwork elements going on
bonus of being free to play
still a few active servers even today
>>
>>36935811
>bonus of being free to play
Nice dubs, friend.

Back when I made my Steam account, if you activated a Half-Life CD-key, you would get CS 1.6, Team Fortress, all the Half-Life expansions (or whatever you want to call them), DoD 1.3 and Ricochet.

So for me, DoD 1.3 has always been free to play :^)
>>
>>36935961
shit that's how I got all these games
>>
>>36935229
Halo 1 was a great game.
>>
>>36935979
i never talked about it's quality
i'm just guessing how OP has never heard of counter strike
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.