[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How's that language learning coming along robots?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 7

How's that language learning coming along robots?
>>
>>36930973
>How's that language learning coming along robots?
Great I'm almost done
jk it's shit I don't know shit
>>
>>36930997
What are you learning?
>>
File: 1483796997985.jpg (780KB, 826x826px) Image search: [Google]
1483796997985.jpg
780KB, 826x826px
>>36931021
>What are you learning?
I don't wanna tell you, you'll bully me >_<
>>
I know English. For what purpose would I have to learn another language? So I can move to an American vassal state for 1/2 the pay with 75% of my money going to immigrants?
>>
I had a chance to use my German recently. I was too fucking anxious and awkward to try, though.

Latin is slow progress. I like Lingua Latina Per Se Illustrata, but I don't know how much I'm really absorbing.
>>
>>36930973
what other language should I learn other than English?
>>
>>36930973
Fuck, I just realized, no Cyrillic on /r9k/

Good, Russian is fun. I plan to make it my job.
>>
>>36931076
It's alright anon, this is a bully-free zone.
>>
>>36930973
Well I have been studying for years and I have learned a lot. Not even nearly fluent. I think I might not have passed my class and they aren't offering a next level next semester. I am kind of depressed about how I did to be honest. I put a lot of effort into it too, but I was busy with other classes.
>>
File: [email protected] (12KB, 1224x618px) Image search: [Google]
python-1-562x309@2x-op.png
12KB, 1224x618px
>>36930973
>tfw "learning" the python language
>haven't programmed anything since last summer

Where did my motivation go?
>>
>>36930973

I work in a Mexican bakery, and I'm getting pretty good with Spanish. I would say ~70% of the customers don't speak any English so I'm getting pretty good at discerning what they're saying, which I find to be the hardest part of learning a new language. I'm piecing together sentences and learning quite a few new words.
>>
>Got lazy and stopped studying spanish after day 2.
Why do I always do this? I'm starting to hate myself for it. But, I'll take this as a chance to start over AGAIN AGAIN.
>>
Learning Mandarin on my own is slower than expected. I should see if there are any courses for that shit that I can join in for a reasonable fee.
I feel like I want to learn a third language. My native language, English, a tiny bit of Swedish (fuck that cuck language) but I am unable to hold a conversation in Swedish, not that I really care.

I want to learn Chinese and pick up Chinese qt's.
>>
>doing the duolingo meme for French
>hot streak for 33 days

I say it's going well
>>
>>36932480
jajajaja, pendejo nunca aprenderas a hablar espanol, rindete huevon
>>
>finish spanish duolingo
>still can't speak or listen to it for shit
>no real motivation to learn it because American and would never speak spanish to a spic instead of insisting he speak english anyway

Seriously why learn a foreign language as an American unless you know you'll be working internationally (ie with some German manufacturer or something).
>>
>>36932560
Are there any apps like duolingo for beginning mandarin? Also swedish is piss easy when you know english.
>>
>>36932735
Knowing a second language increases your cognitive abilities and can even prevent Alzheimers.
>>
>>36931229
I swear this the most comfy Pepe ever maybe because it's not trying to force "comfy" it just is because we are all autistic and this displays that by have a oddly shaped pepe yet Pepe enough we feel warmed by him and it has the cat we all love that sticks by ass and you can pet and hold and nurture and he will keep you warm and secure and happy this is my favourite pepe how about you anons is this your favourite pepe?
>>
>>36933269
Sticks by us sorry to lazy to get up and go on PC.
>>
>>36930973
I can speak rudimentary french with english grammar because i took 3 years of it in school. I can't discern spoken french though because my lessons were mostly written. I could pick it up if tried but too lazy.

I'd love to learn Japanese, I know a few expressions form anime but nothing serious. I could also learn if I tried, but again too lazy.
>>
File: peep (502).jpg (34KB, 444x444px) Image search: [Google]
peep (502).jpg
34KB, 444x444px
>>36933269
i'm not that anon, but here's my favorite pepe in my whole collection
>>
File: 1487909981355.png (64KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
1487909981355.png
64KB, 657x527px
>>36933269
It's actually Apu Apujesta, have this apu.
>>
Still practicing mein deutsch for 15 minutes a day.
>>
Going as usual, I suppose. I'm supposed to learn 20 words a day, but fucked up yesterday and learned none. Not a huge deal I suppose, but I really wish I had the willpower to do my reviews first in the morning.

I'm learning Japanese, BTW.
>>
I want to learn German (and eventually Japanese)
I also want to learn programming but so many seemingly complicated ways to learn not made for absolute beginners
Haven't been able to keep motivation for years please help
>>
>>36933491
Thank you kind robot.
Originally original.
>>
Practicing ASL when I'm around my parents. It's going pretty okay.
>>
>>36933496
Schoen fuer Dich. Wie lange lernst Du schon?
Hast Du ein bestimmtes Ziel?
>inb4 Hitlerreden Originalton
>>
>>36931080
>>36931127
you should learn Spanish and Russian in addition to English. everything else is a meme with the possible exception of Arabic.
>>
>>36933814
French is useful too. If you want to talk to Canadians, French or black people that is.
>>
>>36933845
I already said Arabic mate
>>
Spent the last three months ins Spain. Now I can order stuff in the restaurant, rent a bike or whatever. I can get around.
I still fail to hold a conversation that is not about the weather.

I feel pretty good about that progress.
Is there a place for an online tandem?
>>
Dutch is the best language In my humble opinion
Off course with a Southern Dutch accent so you do not have all the Guttural sounds
>>
I want to learn german but im afraid its a meme language that will be irrelevant in 10 years.
>>
I know my main language and english, for what purpose should I learn another one?
>>
>>36930973
Latin is pretty rough, OP. This is probably going to take a few years. I am getting used to the feel of it however.
>>
>>36933785
Did they recently lose their hearing?
>>
File: 1431554507886.jpg (421KB, 896x705px) Image search: [Google]
1431554507886.jpg
421KB, 896x705px
Je me debrouille bien en francais (la partie ecrit, alors), mais je voudrais trouver quelqu'un avec lequel de parler (mais les ressources me manquent) car je ne peux pas bien compredre ni parler la langue.

So appena l'italiano. Lo studio tutti i giorni ma mi sento come non faccio del progresso. Devo continuarlo, comunque.
>>
>Learning Danish
>only fuck up pronounciations
MFW it's actually really similar to english.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.