[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how is to work in an office?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 1960s-cubicles.jpg (109KB, 750x554px) Image search: [Google]
1960s-cubicles.jpg
109KB, 750x554px
how is to work in an office?
>>
>>36928826
it would suck not being able to pace around and talk to myself
>>
>>36928826

Shit.

Coworker in the cube behind me (they're cubes with half-walls, not full walls) always stands at his desk so he can eyeball my screen all day and likes to clear his throat every two to five minutes.

Boss addresses every question and/or issue with a tone of voice that indicates he feels everyone else shouldn't have said anything to him, and that we're disposable. Meanwhile, he shits around on youtube and watches home repair videos while listening to country redneck ass music on spotify.

Old coworker talks about his kids and golf all day. Black coworker makes diseased sounds and sighs at least six times an hour, and/or groans/moans. He also can't understand the tone in my boss's voice and goes to him with a question every five minutes, leading the boss to get even more absurdly angry/irritated that he actually has to do his job of leading a team.

Old ass woman talk about their grandkids in the halls, including loudly discussing one granddaughter's menarche once overheard. The printers break every one ro two days. The boss's boss demands perfect little nitpicky shits and then changes her mind the moment she sees those nitpicks in action.

The department head was once a toady in a shitty gov't department and thinks taking the ill-learned lessons from that is a good idea to make things run smoother. Protip: They don't.

Everyone tries to backstab one another, no one gets paid much, raises don't happen, promotions don't happen because everyone has given up and stays in junior positions for 10+ years, everyone gossips and talks shit about everyone else, often times in earshot.
>>
>>36928826
>a desk in a room with lots of other people but they cant see you

sounds like heaven
>>
>>36928978

>Can't see you

Ahahaha

You haven't taken into account how they get up every 100 seconds to walk up and down the row of cubes, or how they print off a 50-page document one page at a time and continuously get up and get back down to retrieve/print all 50 documents.

Or stand right behind your cube/next to where you are seated and discuss how their fat wife made them take their volvo with 340,000 miles for a checkup. Thrilling.
>>
>>36928932
can't you just heard some music from your cell phone?
>>
>>36928932
What a miserable existence that must be. Thanks for letting me know to never get such a cesspool of an occupation.
>>
>>36929031

>Anon. Anon, you hear that?
>Anon, I asked you a question.
>Anon, did you hear what I said?

It's only okay when the boss is listening to music, because he'll ask you about the exact same thing you told him yesterday and the day before yesterday in the next five minutes. If you don't answer promptly, you aren't very cooperative, are you?
>>
>>36928826
Its not like that picture anymore.
There's open desks everywhere. You can't have a minute alone.
>>
>>36928826
It's pretty shit. Normies are everywhere. You have to put on a friendly face on a daily basis. You have almost no privacy, especially if you work in an "open space" environment. You constantly have to talk or you become known as the "quiet loner" guy. A lot of the people employed are women who still gossip about trivial matters like it's high school. Anything that you say or is said to you is overheard by 100 retards sitting in their cubicles.
>>
>>36929038

I'm baffled how normies still want families after years of this crap. Who wants to get chained to this cycle of utter antipathy towards daily life?

Paycheck to paycheck for the joy of shriveling like a prune for 9-11 hours a day. I can't believe I used to actually enjoy anything.
>>
File: sude48-dw_4.jpg (1MB, 1963x2779px) Image search: [Google]
sude48-dw_4.jpg
1MB, 1963x2779px
>>36928978
>can't see you

Standing desks are becoming very popular where I work. It's kind of annoying. You used to be able to walk by rows of cubes in peace. Not anymore. There's always at least two or three people standing up now and making awkward eye contact.
>>
It's pretty comfy

Have dual monitors so I do work on one and youtube on the other. To bad streams have been blocked by IT.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.