[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Underemployed General

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

File: 1494258548124.png (28KB, 645x773px) Image search: [Google]
1494258548124.png
28KB, 645x773px
Planning on finishing my graduate degree (MBA) in December.

Currently work retail as a part time "sales associate" for $9.00

Only job experience is retail associate job.

No references

Just got through undergrad ( general business) as fast as possible.

No internships.

No career specialty

I fear that when I graduate in December that I won't be hired professionally because of my lack of experience, references, social networking etc. and won't be hired by non-skilled employers because of the degree (already rejected by some jobs for being "over qualified").

Not smart enough/not enough capital to open up my own business.

Anybody else in the same boat?
>>
>>36927033
same boat my friend

>biomedical engineering degree
>literally meme tier garbage out of all engineering majors but did it because 'muh research'
>profs were never interested in research projects i proposed so i never got to do any actual research
>only have shitty warehouse jobs as experience

now i'm studying programming as a backup
>>
>no expierience in anything
>no references
>no friends
>no parents to find me a good job
>too smart to work physicaly
>>
>>36927085
This is honestly why I'm really happy my parents talked me out of getting a super specialized niche degree (which sounded like bug money) and just told me to stick to Physics
>>
File: thumbnail.jpg (12KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
thumbnail.jpg
12KB, 240x240px
Im going to graduate in december and i only have like 4 months experience in a big bank
I feel a catastrophe happening soon though
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (134KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
134KB, 1280x720px
>>36927033
mba from where? that ranking matters for lameass business degrees
>>
>>36927033
I work overnight security, I want to go to community college for computer science, but I am very bad at math. I am going in the fall, I am going to try as hard as I can to get it because I am getting sick of working for a pittance.
>>
>>36927122
i'm that guy
good on you man
don't specialize too early like i did
if i were to go back 5 years ago i would have gotten a mechanical engineering degree then specialize if i felt like it
>>
>>36927172
>computer science
>bad at math
Well if you want to pass computer science you better get good at math
>>
>>36927209
Exactly, thats why I am going to school and getting better at it.
>>
File: 1cb.gif (501KB, 342x342px) Image search: [Google]
1cb.gif
501KB, 342x342px
>>36927033
>Planning on finishing my graduate degree (MBA) in December

That sucks. I'm a sales associate at a dealership. They train people for free. It's commission-based though.

You need to be able to act extroverted. Maybe I'm just okay looking and on the taller (5'10.5") side...
>>
>>36927280
I'd like to work at a deanship, the only thing is I'd be bad at making a final sale.
>>
File: 1494453883206.jpg (61KB, 465x620px) Image search: [Google]
1494453883206.jpg
61KB, 465x620px
>>36927296
It's all about the first 80% of the process. Selling the car. You fix a price and then finance/sales managers handle the rest.

I thought my dad was bullshitting when he said I was really lucky to get this job. I don't want it though because making people get loans is not a good feeling.
>>
>>36927383
Phew what kinda of people do you see?
I've considered getting a vehicle at a dealership, but I have 20k cash.
>>
>>36927478
>Phew what kinda of people do you see?

lol, I'm in training. The point still stands. Some dealerships train and some don't though.
>>
>>36927142
I have the same prediction but I feel like that's likely a projection of my warranted internal anxieties.
Maybe we're conveniently right though, fine about it either way.
>>
>>36927232
If you're "bad at math" in the way that I was before college you'll be fine. I was "bad" as in I only got B's and like a 560/800 on the SAT math, but with studying I aced calc I and expect to handle calcs II and III.

If you really can't into numbers at all then get ready to struggle through CS
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.