[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do men enjoy catcalls, but not women?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 114
Thread images: 15

File: 1494110964105.png (112KB, 540x558px) Image search: [Google]
1494110964105.png
112KB, 540x558px
I don't know a single man, including myself, that wouldn't have his day made by a catcall, but women seem very bothered by it. Why's that?
>>
Because women are showered in compliments from the day they're born, men aren't. A compliment to a man is perhaps the rarest thing he will ever receive.
>>
Because it's out-of-the-ordinary for men and an everyday occurence for women.
>>
Women love sexual attention from men, no matter how crass or inappropriate.

It's just important to remember that women only see 20% or so guys as "men."

There's nothing more upsetting to one than a non-Chas expressing his sexuality.
>>
>>36921290
Because it reduces women to objects of male sexual desire, in a society that already demeans them.
>>
if someone just says you are a qt or something like that then it's nice and i wanna thank them, i just feel weird if someone talks about fucking me.
idk, if i'm not in the mood i don't know how to be like i'm not like feeling it rn, so i just go along with it, i just don't like it, and apologize for being mean by not being like horny at the time...
>>
File: 1485312375538.jpg (38KB, 300x450px) Image search: [Google]
1485312375538.jpg
38KB, 300x450px
Most of us would probably just think the girl is making fun of us desu
>>
>>36921338
Do women deserve any less though? They have their chance every day to not be treated like a disposables onahole but they chose to be one
>>
To women any man sexually interested in them is a potential rapist
>>
As a man who has been lusted after for his body, I can sympathize with how annoying it is.
>>
>>36921338
>in a society that already demeans them.
Oh boy here we fucking go.
>>
>>36921392
You see this is exactly what I'm taking about.
>>
>>36921383
this. its like you're being teased, but in a bad way. not that i would know or anything...
>>
>we get it frequently, even ugly women
>men are scary and the media says they will rape us
>it's often from minorities and other low rank men no one wants, so it's more like an insult

basically.
>>
>>36921304
this.
if a rich person constantly had a mcdonalds hamburger appear next to the whenever they woke up, they would hate it, but a starving child would love the exact same thing.
>>
>>36921290
Why the fuck would you guys enjoy cat calls?

I've been cat called once, maybe twice in my life, and I hated it. It made me feel self conscious and like they were laughing at me.

I'm not saying women should or shouldn't, but men (especially robots)? Fuck no. It's stupid bullshit and it WILL make you feel self conscious.

I just want to be able to walk down the street without some chads calling me a faggot, or women pretending to hit on me.
>>
>>36921424
What? That all of a womans problems are self made?
>>
If chad catcalled you there would be no problem

not that I'm defending catcalling
>>
>>36921290
>I don't know a single man, including myself, that wouldn't have his day made by a catcall, but women seem very bothered by it. Why's that?
Compliment overdose
Women are also weaker on average than men so they get scared more easily
>>
File: IMG_2190.png (433KB, 578x435px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2190.png
433KB, 578x435px
>>36921338
Spotted the sjw

Original comment
>>
I'm an ugly guy and I've been catcalled as a joke. No one would catcall an ugly woman, but women with low self-esteem might think it's a joke and be hurt.
>>
only real answer in this thread incoming

because women are weaker than men and when men are catcalled, they don't feel like they are in any danger but when women are catcalled by men it could easily be a precursor to physical harassment
>>
>>36921670
nah. people have done that to me just for memeing on me and i'm like uggo af desu.
>>
>>36921304
Catcalls aren't compliments you fucking shut-in.
>>
>>36921290
What's a catcall?
If you know these terms you might be normie trash.
>>
>>36921691
So if I, a skinny nerd, were to catcall a woman they would like it?

thanks man, gonna go try it
>>
>>36921290
It's intimidating.
>>
Men aren't afraid of getting assaulted or harassed by women so when they get catcalled it's just a joke, when women get catcalled by men there can be an undercurrent of threat.
>>
>>36921691
>>36921768

Bullshit excuses.

>>36921330

This is the real answer. If the compliment comes from an attractive guy the girl will like it.

The problem is girls are only attracted to a very small number of men at face value, so most catcalls fall into the creep category rather than making them feel flattered.
>>
>>36921739
well yeah, you are still stronger than most women idiot

its in your genetics
>>
>>36922210

And realistically speaking, woman are much less likely to be assualted or killed by a man, its just spooks.
>>
Catcalls are a fucking myth, rare ones that do that are immigrants near the train stations, poor, uneducated, unemployed people that usually come from sexist cultures, hardly people whose opinions you should care about.
>>
File: 1493343799037.jpg (56KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1493343799037.jpg
56KB, 600x600px
>"just put yourself out there and talk to girls"
>"girls aren't gonna come to you, its nature brah"
>Ew don't talk to me you creep"
>>
>>36922210
>>36922346
These.

Women love to receive sexual attention from Chads. However most catcalls are from poor minorities so women react negatively to them.
>>
>>36921597
No they're made by creepy betas as you
>>
>>36922430
So talk to a different girl? Nobody means that all women will want to talk to you.
>>
>>36921304
women naturally dont like to interact with men they don't find attractive
>>
>>36923249

Exactly. My point is getting laid is largely based on some form of cat calling, guys are conditioned to hit on large numbers of woman.
>>
Catcalls are a sign of aggression. A lot of men will stalk and harass random women because they feel entitled to sex. It's threatening and lowers someone's sense of self-worth. Most women like normal compliments.
>>
>>36923350
It's pretty clear you don't know what cat calling is.
>>
>>36921290
they only like it from chad

like the facebook pictures of that girl who shared a photo saying "i wish a boy would just hug me and call me pretty" or some shit, some spergy beta says "i will tomorrow" and she says "no, not you".
>>
>>36923504
Only poo loos, mudslimes and dindus do that
And maybe some failed Chad's
Only some white dock workers or builders cat call the rest know better
>>
>>36923515

Its all the same. The vulgarity of what they say isn't the issue, its who its coming from.

I touched a girls butt in school and she wanted to kill me, whereas other guys would get away with it because of who they were.
>>
>>36923504
>because they feel entitled to sex
I feel like nobody knows what the word "entitled" means anymore.
>>
>>36921392
>say shit like this
>waaaahhhhh it's everyone elses fault i'm alone!
>>
also the answer is pretty simple, not all this men see women as objects bollocks.
>man see's babe
>man compliments babe hoping for either a response that can lead to something or just to make her feel good
>depending on looks, quality of clothing, appearance, wealth etc. the girl will respond or be disgusted
man just wants sex, as the stupid bird i saw today does. he was cruising around trees squawking at lady flappers to get sex. he wants to reproduce and get a partner. as does man, wants to get a partner to love and sex up.
>>
>>36921290
They think they are going to get raped
Or because tumblr said its bad
>>
>>36923631
If a guy just "wants" sex but still respects the fact that the woman might not, the attention is flattering. Men who feel entitled to sex get offended and hostile if a woman turns him down.

Am I using the word wrong?
>>
>>36924289
Those people tend to be a bit mental otherwise too, we learn to avoid that kind of people
>>
File: 1489802911621.jpg (150KB, 400x606px) Image search: [Google]
1489802911621.jpg
150KB, 400x606px
>>36921290
I don't knew why women are bothered by it. I am a hideous female and wished a guy would think I am cute enough to date or fuck. When I was in high school the boys would say their friend likes me to humiliate their friend. I still can't walk by people anymore without feeling judged.
>>
>>36924763
>feast or famine
You need to accept it happened and let it go, good advice on anything and being content, easier said than done but with time you'll learn to live in the moment
>>
>>36924763
>running on the track cuz I got no friends in this class to walk with
>don't want to make em either
>get stopped
>hey anon my friend really likes you
>she can barely keep from laughing
>keep running

I know that feel well.
>>
>>36924979
Stay /fit/, let the gains show you the way
>>
>>36924979
>why do you stay there? you will ruin our photo

still haunts me
>>
>>36921290
If a woman catcalled me I would confront her and if necessary beat the shit out of her.
>>
>>36924979
It is the worst fucking feeling in the world. I can't even imagine the mind frame someone must have to do that to someone. I feel sad knowing this happened to others too.
>>
File: 1485785687372.jpg (39KB, 600x598px) Image search: [Google]
1485785687372.jpg
39KB, 600x598px
>>36925108
Man you women get upset easily, "move out of the way dude" "whatever" *moves out of the way*
Someone asking you to move for actual reason (trying to take couple picture with just them and background) would be a delightful change
Women are over sensitive little babies
>>
File: Lenin35.jpg (168KB, 800x534px) Image search: [Google]
Lenin35.jpg
168KB, 800x534px
>>36921304

as usual: first reply, best OREEEEEGANOOOOOO reply.
>>
>>36925233
If you were meaning the female anon wasn't me who wrote that.
>>
>>36925233
>someone
>he thinks a stranger said that
>>
>>36925243
Except that post is wrong, some fucker yelling "EY HOW MUCH FOR SUM PUSSY" isn't really a compliment.
>>
>>36925024
Y-you too. I'm gunna. Work keeps me at a basic level of fitness, and I'm gonna force myself to go to the boxing gym I've been avoiding for months now on account of being an anxious sperg. Bought a set-time instead of doing monthly payments because it was cheaper and I knew I'd pull that shit.

>>36925108
That's harsh, but there are a few ways to take that statement even if it's callous. If you're gonna choose one, I think the good thing to do here is to acknowledge that it's a choice based on your perspective. It could easily be that they just wanted it to be a photo for them, and less that your visage stains it or something.

>>36925165
Just gotta outrun those feels. They're just people trying to feel good about themselves too. You got the power to do that without putting somebody else down.
>>
>>36925363
Well neither is it cat calling, that is attempted purchase of prostitutes services which is mostly illegal action
>>
File: 1492666457168.png (202KB, 578x488px) Image search: [Google]
1492666457168.png
202KB, 578x488px
>>36925389
Yeah I learned from dealing with these monsters as a kid that I never wanted to treat someone else badly or belittle them and put them down like that.
>>
>>36925667
It can be cat calling. Some men will yell stuff like that to regular women they see on the street. It's an insult.
>>
literally because it just makes me feel unsafe and uncomfortable. if im already walking alone past some group of guys and its not pre-6:00, having them leer and yell at me is not what makes my day.
even if a guy is trying to actually talk to me and get my number or whatever, and won't take no for an answer, i get nervous as fuck. e.g. what if he follows me or something?
>>
>>36925719
As guys we just call that trying to start a fight
Our remedy is to just walk it off and go on with our lives, some people snap and go on a killing spree but mostly we just walk it off
>>
>>36921290
Imagine a car full of Muslims expressed a sexual interest in you, and you have your answer
>>
File: 1473678023540.jpg (66KB, 663x784px) Image search: [Google]
1473678023540.jpg
66KB, 663x784px
>>36926076
>gimp western men out of their power and masculinity
>invite the country full of backwards refugees
>refugees start acting out
>expect others to fix your own baked shit with hands tied behind their backs
Well shit don't know what to say Stacie, maybe vote against immigration next time?
>>
>>36926414
That would be intolerant. What the world needs is for us to see that we're not so different and if we could just stop bombing them and show them we care about what they have suffered at the hands of bigots who do not represent us, that's the only way we can heal as one people.
>>
>>36926501
I want off of this fucking floating rock, i agree that we should mend the relations as two people but the solution is not to throw bunch of culturally incompatible people all over Europe when there is a war against radical religious faction
I knew plenty of them can live and adapt to the life in west, i bet their lgbt people appreciate the chance to live their lives without being stoned to death, but we should be more thorough in who we let in and be quicker at expelling the troublemakers back to their original country
Just because you're running from war doesn't give you the right to destroy the country that let you in, shame on you you're taking your shit out on the people that let you in
>>
>>36926599
Westerners are largely incompatible with their long-held religious and cultural views. It's nevertheless our responsibility to accommodate them since we displaced them.
>>
Most women love catcalls.
I love catcalls, and they make me feel nice about myself.
If you say you enjoy it you will be called an attention whore, though.
>>
>>36921360
fuck off rebecca
>>
>>36921290
Women are constantly showered with compliments both sincere and insincere. By the time they reach a certain age, they're both desensitised to male attention and wary of the intentions behind it. When a guy approaches a girl out of the blue and compliments her, the girl doesn't think "aw, that's so nice of you". She thinks "what the fuck does this one want? is he going to try to fuck me? does he deserve to fuck me? how do I get out of this situation? how do I make him ant to fuck me more? how do I make him want to fuck me less? is he lying? is he telling the truth? how many other girls has he said this to today? is this just a game? am I just a conquest? how do I get out of this?"

On the other hand, guys who aren't 8-10/10s rarely receive compliments let alone romantic/sexual female attention. They go their whole lives either being only just acknowledged by women or reviled by them. So, when they finally end up receiving an actual compliment from one, they don't question it at all: they just end up tripping over themselves trying to figure out how to take it without immediately prompting the girl to withdraw her compliment and her affection. When a guy gets complimented he thinks "oh boy, oh god, oh jeez, does she like me? no, of course not, she hates me and she's just being polite. but what if she likes me? if she liked me, that would be fantastic, I would love to be with her, but she doesn't actually like me and I'm going to die alone"
>>
File: 1460147439384.jpg (275KB, 797x718px) Image search: [Google]
1460147439384.jpg
275KB, 797x718px
>>36921290
Serious answer here. I've only been catcalled once in my life but it was very uncomfortable. It was when I was 13 and was at the beach. I was wearing a pretty conservative one-piece swimsuit and was covered by a big towel. I was trying to cross the road when a car full of men who were at least 30+ years old drove by and one of them yelled at me that he wanted me to give him a blowjob. Then they all laughed at me and drove away. It made me feel scared and embarrassed. I had just gone through puberty and this made me realize that men were now looking at me sexually. Not just 13 year old boys, but men twice my age and up. I've heard from a lot of other girls that their experiences with catcalling mostly happened when they were just starting to develop and were mainly from older guys trying to take advantage of their naivety and inexperience. I honestly don't give a shit if men want to look or talk about that stuff in private, but there's no reason to yell it at a teenager. I believe it messes up a girl when she gets inappropriate sexual attention from older guys at such a young age.

Otherwise, catcalls are just rude. They're not the worst, but I never want attention called to me in public like that. Compliments are nice, yelling explicit sexual things is weird and uncalled for. I wouldn't care what that person looks like, it's rude no matter what. You don't have to say anything.
>>
>>36921330

/thread

ariginal
>>
>>36927493
I agree with this on a lot of levels.

Catcalling is completely unnecessary unless you're saying something disrespectful, as it always occurs from a distance.

If it was a genuine compliment it would happen at a more personal level and would never be considered cat calling.

"Cat calling" is fucking autistic. Complimenting people is not, in almost every case.
>>
when i was like 15 i got sorta catcalled one. a much older women who was drunk came up to me and stammered "hey cutie how old are you" and i said 15 and she said "damn i really like you" and i ran home and wrote it down cause i was feeling so confident. i still look back at it sometimes because it makes me feel attractive
>>
>>36927230
>Does he even deserve to fuck me?

This the problem.
>>
>>36921290
Speak for yourself, I would want to be cat called.
>>
>>36929482
Why not? Assuming you're a guy.
>>
>>36929539
Because it's fucking creepy not flattering. I'm not going to want some random slut yelling at me.
>>
>>36929582
If she actually means it (which I wouldn't be able to actually tell if she is or not), I'd be flattered, and it would also probably be the highlight of my day or year. I agree that it's different for men and women though, like some of the other anons have said.

Also, creepy is a normie word to demean robots. it's just as dumb as using 'virgin' as an insult on /r9k/.
>>
>>36929638
>getting cat called by a complete stranger isn't creepy.
Even if she was a 10/10 it's still fucking creepy, like you have no idea what their intentions are.
>>
>>36929755
>like you have no idea what their intentions are.
What is she going to do? Rape me?
>>
>>36929785
Stalk you, take pictures, have someone mit you, etc. How in the world is yelling at someone on the street who doesn't recognize you a reasonable thing to do?
>>
Male sexuality is much more threatening to women than the other way around. I wouldn't want to see a naked guy walking around with an erection either, but most men would probably be happy to see a naked girl with hard nipples because that isn't threatening.
>>
>>36921290
Posturing cunts. I got in an argument with one of these so called females who just hugged and puffed about what an aggravation it is to get cat called. Thankfully it's 2017 so I gender equality slapped the shit out of her
>>
>>36929902
Top kek thank you for my daily knee slap. You are going to die a very lonely NEET if you find da bonerz threstening. Not threstening in the slightest, they just want a place to call home
>>
>>36929582
You would savor that day for the rest of your life you lying fat slob
>>
>>36929840
> How in the world is yelling at someone on the street who doesn't recognize you a reasonable thing to do?
"make a whistle, shout, or comment of a sexual nature to a woman passing by."
Had to look for the definition, I thought cat calling was only whistling at someone suggestively. And it's more like commenting at someone that passes by, in front of them, I assume. Not shouting at someone far away over the other side of the street.

I never get female attention, if some 10/10 says something sexual about me, or whistles (non ironically), then I'd feel wanted or good about myself. I never get compliments, getting cat-called would be the second closest thing to that. Problem is, I'm an ugly looking dweeb, and a woman cat-calling someone that isn't Chad is probably some sort of mean prank. AS A GUY, I don't find it weird.

>have someone mit you
what does this even mean?
Is it like get someone to mug you? I'd feel wary if I get cat-called by some woman that has Chad besides her. But if it's only a woman alone, then I don't mind.

I don't know if it's considered cat calling, but I got called cute when I passed by a hot mature woman in campus. But I guess that was more of a compliment, idk.
>>
>>36930186
wew, that is long, i'm high as fuck atm, sorry
>>
>>36926695
Fuck off, country I live in has done nothing in Middle-East to destabilise those barbaric sandlands.
Why should we be take part of this?
Brits, russians and USA are to blame.
>>
do you think any guy has fucked a girl because of a cat call? Like she was walking, he whistles and says "Damn girl, you looking fine as hell." Then she's like you know what. Okay. And she fucks him.
>>
>>36926599
Dubs calls it.
Having a spider and a scorpion in the same nest leads to death.
>>
>>36929902
Yeah Id be ok with both.
Bring on the Rome.
Anyway its just the human body.
>>
File: 1488921630071.png (1MB, 800x694px) Image search: [Google]
1488921630071.png
1MB, 800x694px
>>36926695
>It's nevertheless our responsibility to accommodate them since we displaced them.
Hows all the gang rape Sweden and dont tell me its not happening.
Muslims are the worst because of the koran and the inbreeding. LOOK IT UP.
>>
>>36927493
>yelled at me that he wanted me to give him a blowjob.
They didnt know you where 13 and talking shit oh boo hoo.
>>
>>36923620
It's probably because they were friends you fucking sperg
What's wrong with people wanting to be touched by some people and not by others?
>>
>>36921290
Lol what? I love catcalls. A lot of women feel flattered by them, but just don't admit it because they think it'll make them look like a slut or something. Its okay to be flattered.
>>
because the spoiled little brats have nothing else to whine about. i have never been catcalled, fuckers are lucky.
>>
Because it starts before most of us have even been kissed/had an orgasm. First catcall = 11 yo. 40+yo dude. In front of my friend's mom and aunt. He sucked his teeth at me.

Because I've been almost grabbed by a guy who came up to me asking for "a hug." He kept coming closer, his voice suddenly deepened, he reached for me, I ran. Felt his hand brush the back of my shirt as I ran away. He screamed, "GET BACK HERE YOU BITCH." The last thing I heard before the building door closed was him laughing. It wasn't funny laughter.

Because a guy followed me almost all the way home from the bus stop once begging to "take me on a date" and making kissy noises at me. Total stranger. I finally broke when he asked why I wasn't talking to him and told him I was scared. He said, "Why?"

Because I've had dudes in cars follow me for blocks, yelling or screaming at me from the open windows. No one ever does anything or intervenes. They've gone around the block to cut me off at the next corner before. One even pulled out in front of me in the crosswalk and blocked my path. Two guys inside. Wanted to "offer me a job." Kept moving the car when I tried to move around them.

Because they laugh when I'm genuinely scared, like they would never hurt me, but then call me a bitch or a cunt or a whore when I walk away.

Because literally every woman I know has 10 stories like this

Take it or leave it, robots.
>>
File: 1494038362987.png (599KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
1494038362987.png
599KB, 720x480px
>>36921477
Literally any race of men is better than a dumb roastie
>>
File: 1472001475043.jpg (395KB, 774x720px) Image search: [Google]
1472001475043.jpg
395KB, 774x720px
>>36931301
>Mfw we don't have to deal with the things we caused
>>
>>36932393
>>36927493
>>36925733
>>36923504
>>36921768
>>36921691

Mostly this.

Crass, obscene catcalling is very intimidating given than I'm weaker than almost every male and the words used (and behaviour displayed) are disrespectful, objectifying, humilliating and sound threatening. It makes me feel unsafe. It's verbal harassment. I assure you it can be scarring when it happens at a young age.

Polite compliments feel neutral (and several women like them) as long as the guy is not pushy, doesn't start following me and doesn't try to touch me. They make me uncomfortable but they're acceptable because they're not disrespectful nor aggressive.
>>
>>36932393
> literally every woman I know has 10 stories like this
Could take it up to this point on good faith, but this fucking lost me.
>>
>>36932717
I'm sure it's homophily up to a point, I know there are women who don't have stories like this. I'm just talking about the ones I do know, like personally and could tell you their first and last names.

I tend to live in cities, with large populations, where this happens a lot, which probably does have a good amount to do with it. That said, I grew up in the country/small town, and this does happen there too. Just not nearly as often.
>>
>>36932717
It's probably true, though. I hardly ever go outside and even I have stories like >>36932393 and I know my colleagues have even more of these.
>>
>>36932700
>Polite compliments feel neutral (and several women like them) as long as the guy is not pushy, doesn't start following me and doesn't try to touch me. They make me uncomfortable but they're acceptable because they're not disrespectful nor aggressive.
Also I agree with this. It's unfortunate that the bad ones tend to stand out in your memory. A few milder ones, or one really bad one, can make you more innately skeptical, paranoid, or pissed off the next time.

Even if there really wasn't anything to fear, you're just never sure after that.
>>
>>36921290
>implying
the only 'catcalls' I've ever gotten were all from ugly women and I did not enjoy them
>>
>>36921398
...unless you're a Chad.
>>
>>36934237
lol nah, Chads rape too.
>>
>>36923338
uhh
but what the fuck i'm a guy and I only like to be around people I think are attractive.
Thread posts: 114
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.