[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Am I autistic for wanting to learn Japanese?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

File: 72r058d.jpg (80KB, 486x960px) Image search: [Google]
72r058d.jpg
80KB, 486x960px
Am I autistic for wanting to learn Japanese?
>>
File: 1.jpg (49KB, 600x463px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
49KB, 600x463px
Yes. Why do you even have to ask that? It's okay though, as long as you channel your autism into something that's productive.
>>
>>36920262
No you are autistic for having that picture saved though
>>
>>36920262
when is he going to make anime real
>>
>>36920262
>Am I autistic for wanting to learn Japanese?
Who the fuck cares what other people think?

If you want to learn it then do it.

Learning Japanese can be very fulfilling, and I assure you, you will find things to use this knowledge on, even if you aren't interested in anime or manga the Japanese media world is HUGE.

Be aware of the following, however:
1) this is no small endeavour. If you are serious about learning Japanese, you are about to engage in a potentially lifelong journey, and you will NEVER be finished. There is no endpoint to learning Japanese, and you won't even begin to feel like you've made any progress at all until a few years in.
2) if you expect this to be a relevant skill to whatever career you intend to enter, I would advise you to think again. Japan is a country with a large industrial economy but chances are very low that anything you do will be relevant unless you specifically make it so.
>>
>>36920262
Unless you're not going on vacation to Japan or you have to do business with japanese people, yes it is autistic to learn a language which you're not going to use.

Also, >>36920386 has autism, but he's right on the point that you're free to do anything you want as long as it makes you happy, however that doesn't make it any less autistic.
>>
>>36920443
Educating yourself isn't Autistic retard.

Learn Japanese even if you don't need it. Somewhere down the line it could be very useful.
>>
File: 1493501261439.jpg (59KB, 1023x681px) Image search: [Google]
1493501261439.jpg
59KB, 1023x681px
>>36920501
>Hey guys, i can speak in Dovah, but it's not autistic!
>Somewhere down the line it could be very useful.
There's no somewhere down the line, it's only useful if you're planning on using it either for entertainment or business or networking/friendships.
>>
>>36920262
Post steam
they have two nice games to help with learning the hiragana and katakana. that's as far as I am right now
>>
>>36920692
I really hope you didn't buy something to learn hiragana and katakana lol

>>36920443
>>36920620
The only autistic one here is you buddy
I bet you also think the only worthwhile language to learn is English since "everyone speaks it".

~130 million or 2% of the world's population speaks Japanese anon, that's not insignificant. There's a lot of content made in Japanese which will never be translated to English.

See, the thing you aren't understanding is that if you have a tool in your toolbox you are gonna find uses for it. Once you know Japanese you are gonna start seeing just how applicable it can be to your life, and it CAN be applicable, regardless of where you live in the world.
>>
>>36920262
If you're learning Japanese for anime you are embarrassing

If you're learning Japanese for business that's fine

t. Japanese speaker who learned Japanese in very early childhood, but not first language
>>
File: implying.gif (292KB, 700x400px) Image search: [Google]
implying.gif
292KB, 700x400px
>>36920816
You lost the bet
>Once you know Japanese you are gonna start seeing just how applicable it can be to your life, and it CAN be applicable
But give me examples then, remember it cannot be any of:
>entertainment or business or networking/friendships.
because these are planned
Also i'm talking about languages in general, not specifically about Japanese, i thought my first post ITT already made it obvious
>>
>>36920262
Why do you want to learn other language ? If you appropriate other culture, you're a degenerate.
>>
>>36920993
>not entertainment, not business, not interpersonal relationships

I'm not that guy but at that point why be literate at all? Knowing language is about those things.
>>
>>36920993
You literally described every possible thing you could use a language for dingus

I don't understand what you mean

I will say that learning for the sake of learning is also very worthwhile desu

Learning another language often really helps you learn more about languages in general, making you a better writer
>>
File: 1468463157534.jpg (111KB, 455x776px) Image search: [Google]
1468463157534.jpg
111KB, 455x776px
>>36921157
>I don't understand what you mean
I meant that learning a language specifically for the chance that you might get into an unforeseen situation where you might need it for a little is not wise, but as I said before, there's nothing wrong with learning something for the sake of fun
Of course the autism part was just a meme
>>
Not at all, learning languages is an amazing life skill to have and it opens you up to different points of view in life. For example, I understand Arabic so I can listen to middle eastern news channels and compare and contrast it with what is said in the west, with this I can come to a more accurate conclusion on what ACTUALLY is happening.

I plan on learning Japanese too because I like the culture and plan to visit one day, Mandarin is just far too hard to learn so I won't even bother with it.

I've always admired polyglots because they are incredibly woke members of society, the amount of connections you can make just because of being multilingual is valuable in itself and it's a skill every business man should strive to have.
>>
>>36921323
As someone who has learned a little of both Chinese and Japanese (took Chinese classes in high school, learning Japanese on my own) , you can definitely pick up Chinese a lot faster than you could Japanese. The grammar system is much simpler in Chinese than in Japanese and the memorization requirements are honestly pretty similar

Can you just understand Arabic or do you speak it as well? Did your parents speak Arabic or did you learn it yourself?

That would be a really cool language to learn, but Japanese is enough for me to (try to) learn lol
>>
>>36921648
I'm partially Arab so my parents speak it, but I wasn't taught it during my upbringing so I had to learn it from the beginning. There are 23 dialects but I can only understand like 2 now, still struggling to speak it though.

I feel like the phonetics in Mandarin are tougher than saying words in Japanese, I watched a lot of anime growing up so I think I can pick it up faster than Mandarin too. How difficult is Kanji?
>>
>>36920262
I speak three language and Japanese will be my fourth. I had been planning to learn it for like 17 fucking years now already but my life has been one shitshow after another.

Anyways, it's better to learn several languages, rather than knowing just one. It's not easy, and you have to really want it - like anything else new in life that you have sit down and study for.
>>
>>36921818
Kanjis are not as difficult as they seem, you just gotta spend time on them, but just like any other language and it's vocabulary
>>
>>36921323
>Not at all, learning languages is an amazing life skill to have and it opens you up to different points of view in life.

Spoken like a privileged white male.

Learning languages is the practice of cultural appropriation at its worst.
>>
>>36922170
I'm a Black/Arab, I really don't see how that's cultural appropriation, almost 50% of the planet can at least speak two languages.
>>
>>36922170
this is very, very poor bait. and I've seen very poor bait on this website for a decade of my life.
>>
>>36922222
>quints
Kek confirms that it is bait. This anon is correct
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.