[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When did you finally just give up?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

File: me-irl-i-have-given-up.jpg (20KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
me-irl-i-have-given-up.jpg
20KB, 480x480px
When did you finally just give up?
>>
I never really tried in life but I ultimately stopped caring last year when I was released from a psych ward.
>>
>>36909151
Around 17 when the depression really set in and all my close buddies just abandoned me because I wasn't that whacky fun retard any more. 6 years later I'm still not over it, I haven't mentally grown out of teenage hood. I'm gonna kms on my birthday coming up soon.
>>
I think it was in fifth grade. I've tossed around ever since. I had a small glimmer of hope several years back but, it was just a mirage. Now I just go with the flow of life, it's all just going through the motions.
>>
>>36909151
Gave up long ago, been trying for a few years now, realised recently that it was fueled by delusion, if I had been less fucked up it would have been a good type of delusion that could probably work; however in my case I feel like the endgame of me trying to get myself back on my feet will end up fucked up in a way that will get me locked up longterm(potentially permanent) in a psych ward, so now the plan is just to take hrt pills and try to get an interest in games again play for a few years before killing myself.
>>
I'll never give up on it. I don't want to give up. If you give up anything, it's all over at that point.
>>
>>36909151
I don't even remember anymore.
Probably sometime around age 14 was when the world really closed in and around 18 or some most people left me for one reason or another so what little support i had up and vanished. Now i wake up for my shitty job if i work that day, debate whether sleeping 20+ hours is worth it or if i should play games and shitpost for a bit i can always sleep later.
Told myself i'd give it till 25 to see if shit gets better but it doesn't look like it will and i only got 10 months left.
>>
about 5 years ago i guess
>>
>>36909267
>if you give up
You act like it was some executive choice we made.
I think i'll make breakfast, go grab some groceries, maybe grab some lunch to, oh and before i forget give up on life and shutdown as a human being
>>
When I dropped college 3 years in. I always knew I had difficulty with socialization but college finally forced me to see me just how inept I am. Fucking ruined any confidence I had.
>>
>>36909199
>17 when the depression really set in and all my close buddies just abandoned me because I wasn't that whacky fun retard any more. Haven't mentally grown out of teenage hood.

Same thing happened to me anon. I somehow had a normie friend group at the beggining of hs, broke my ankle and got hooked on opiates which partially caused me to isolate myself, deterioting my already shitty social skills and made me a dejected antisocial loner. For some reason I became spiteful towards my former friends and acted hostile to them out of no where. I got better around 20, and at 21 I remember those years as just a void of escapisism and lonelyness.
>>
I use to think highly of myself until I struggled through college, realized I had severe social anxiety and that society didn't like me. Got rejected from jobs, mental break down at 23, 5 years later haven't been the same. All I want to do is escape my life
>>
>>36909326
Pretty much. It is just something that kind of happens when nothing ever goes right in your life
>>
>>36909326
Fair enough. If you don't regret it will be a good choice to give it up.
>>
40 hours from this post i will be a neet
i gave up inside years ago, but this makes it external
>>
I remember it clearly. Was 26. Virgin ofc (still am 5 years later). Had an awesome job, finally, after many years struggling, had my own apartment, was in shape, going to the gym, decent looking - not Chad looks but not ugly. Felt like, for the first time in my life, I might have something to offer a woman.

Made an online dating profile. Spent like 5 hours filling out all the questions to match me with someone compatible. Filled out all the "about me" boxes, trying to seem fun and interesting. Even bought a camera so I could post pictures of myself.

Of course my profile got basically zero interest, but I'd been expecting that. Scrolled through hundreds of eligible women in a 30 mile radius. Tons and tons and tons of obese single moms with laundry lists of requirements that you must meet before you're allowed to message her. Lots of women who were clearly just there to soak up male attention. Lots of very unappealing personalities.

Eventually found a girl 7 miles away who shared a lot of interests with me. OKCupid matched at us at like 99% or something. Not super pretty tbqh - little overweight, pictures not terribly flattering. But I sort of had a crush on her right away. She worked in a grocery store I remember. Her profile said she almost never got messages and almost always replied when she did.

I sent her a short message about a book series we both liked. She logged in instantly, looked at my profile, then logged off. I waited a few days, then deleted my account. I don't even think about dating anymore, and if I feel lonely, I just fap and it goes away. I'm sure I'll be alone until I die.
>>
>>36909727
>She logged in instantly, looked at my profile, then logged off.

Damn, anon.
At least you're redpilled on online dating. Some dudes don't get crushed like that until they're at the vulnerable age of 40+.
>>
>be me
>gave up on life a few years ago
>quiet autistic robot, get a job at a coffee shop, all co-workers are chad and stacey
>have no bantz but after a while they start to like me
>still not sure why
>tonight, last night of work
>chad hugs me goodbye
>stacy hugs me goodbye, actually starts crying
>everyone starts getting emotional, people hugging me 3, 4 times
>everyone writes down their numbers
>finally make it out the door, turn back and wave with a awkward smile on my face
>turn the corner and throw piece of paper with numbers away
>night time outside, sit down on bench
>think about how i don't know what i'm doing in life
>think about how i'm all alone
>think about how i hate myself
>start crying
>>
At the age of 15 when I realized that I wasn't smart or special at all, and there was no hope for me.

I'm a 22 year old NEET hermit now.
>>
>>36909727
This is why I never tried online dating. It's all a load of shit if you aren't attractive
>>
>>36909857

And being attractive in pictures isn't even necessarily the same thing as being attractive in real life.
Sometimes it translates sometimes it doesn't.
>>
>>36909838
don't your parent's force you to work?
>>
>>36909792
so were they all just taking pity on you or what
>>
>>36909908
Not him but I was 25 before my mom started getting aggravated about me not having a job, and I had been a NEET since I was 17
>>
>>36909151
>Be me
>Devout Christian
>Date this 7/10 redheaded chick (I like redheads. Sue me).
>Fucking slut cheats on me with a half-chink half-white
>Kick her ass to the curb
>Fucking blames me, somehow
Fast-forward to earlier, last year.
>Shows up at my shit apartment before mid-terms (I am collegefag)
>We bang
>Sleep past first test
>Fuckmeineveryway.jpg
>Learn later she was fucking me to fuck over some other guy.
>btw she looked and spoke so fucking innocent you'd think she was a literal angel.
>Give up.
>Start going to Church every Sunday, reading the Bible more, working out, etc.
>Women don't notice
>I don't care
>Life is shit
>And now I'm dropping out of uni to start a career.
>>
>>36909972
You don't belong here, anon
>>
>>36909972
>>Fucking slut cheats on me with a half-chink half-white
My time on /pol/ and /r9k/ tells me that should not be possible.
>>
>>36909199
It's not over forever if you don't let it be. Don't do it.
>>
>>36909996
I don't belong anywhere
>>36910019
>Implying that /pol/acks and Robots know jack about jill
top kek
>>
File: 1483669372474.png (718KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
1483669372474.png
718KB, 700x700px
>>36910092
>>36910019
>>36909972

>Women, truly the last frontier
Nicely summed up in these posts.
>>
>>36909151
I haven't given up on everything, but I gave up on becoming anything special at all during school. When I realised that no matter how hard I tried I would always be an average person in the background that's just the equivalent of an NPC I stopped imagining ever becoming a real success, now I just want to live as good a life I can as someone who has no meaning
>>
Not given up yet, but im sure as hell getting there.

The past 3 years have been the worst.
>>
Many years ago.

I live through my fantasies.
>>
i wouldn't say ive given up entirely.
however i've given up on finding love and these days feel no desire to. it's better this way i guess. apathy started to take over in my late teens.
>>
File: woman-1872.jpg (78KB, 816x1024px) Image search: [Google]
woman-1872.jpg
78KB, 816x1024px
>>36910092
>I don't belong anywhere
You had a cute redhead gf you edgy faggot
fucking normies
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.