[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Handmaid’s Tale

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: handmaids-tale-3-ew.jpg (156KB, 612x302px) Image search: [Google]
handmaids-tale-3-ew.jpg
156KB, 612x302px
What do you faggot niggers think of this? Is this the true /r9k/ dream come true?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJTonrzXTJs
>>
Looks like another shitty, melodramatic romance flick

Why would this be my dream?
>>
I remember reading this book at school. Even back then I realised it was feminist propaganda.
>>
>>36905708
>call women sluts
>boot them out of work
>force them to be baby making machines
>>
>>36906042
I wouldn't categorize as propaganda. The author is a self-described feminist, true. But the speculative premise of a theocratic state that legislates the status of females into various grades of chattel slavery is a valid concern with parallels irl. It's an exploration of what might be if an ultra right-wing evangical minority managed to become the ruling class built on the ashes of the Bill of Rights. It's a good sci-fi book. It has nothing to do with "hurr all men are rapists" and other dogmas shithead feminists parrot incessantly. Even the awkward sex scenes, which seem like sexual slavery, are by the Handmaid's own admission, consensual acts. The narrative does portray examples of male victimization under the new regime. Basically it's a real shitty administration that benefits very few, and those few are doo...just read it.

Objective individual opinions prevents us from becoming drones dismissing something solely on suspect associations. I despise feminism, but I won't disregard real life concerns and valid cautionary tales.
>>
>>36906688
>implying this wouldn't be an awesome reality to live in
>implying we're not already living in a dystopia right now that is slowly crawling to the opposite spectrum
>>
>>36907071
All memes aside, living in any variety of authoritarian regime would unlikely be the fantasy socity suited to your and the like-minded desires. Would those that promote radical right or left wing dictatorships even be among those that benefit from the 'new order', let alone be among the policy makers. Chances are slim, and the chances that your door gets kicked in by jackboots, followed by your computer even though your keyboard and shoop skills helped promote the revolution. Your lack of usefulness is deemed near treasonous by the "people", so the government thugs graciously provide you with a shovel (with an affordable rate of rent) and a ride to where you are privileged to serve the collective will by receiving a daily quota for ditch mileage, with the added bonus of free burial (that you dig as a government employee, for a government employee, that is, you) after your service has ended. Thank the Great Leader and his willingress to direct the people for their own good. After your first day is over, you wonder how this could have happened? One moment you're fapping to doujins, and the next your hands are too blistered to effectively get even one load blown, let alone your average of three daily...what did I do to deserve th...oh wait. Goddammit!
>>
>>36907881
>>>>/r/reddit.com
>>
>>36907914
Redditors always try to see redditors in others.
The style is not reddit, but rather obviously crystal methamphetamine you square.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.