[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone here desperately want to know how to drive a truck or

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (258KB, 919x800px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
258KB, 919x800px
Anyone here desperately want to know how to drive a truck or be a truck driver but know nothing about driving stick shift and have only drove automatic cars? i love the r model mack and i would love to drive one but i wpuldnt even know where to begin to shift. i wish i ha a trucl and just a ton of flatland to drive on to get the hang of it

would i be a failurebif i dont know how to drive manuals and went to a trucl driver school that is three weeks long? i feel like everyone would think im a pussy
>>
>>36901184
have fun driving trucls
>>
>>36901184
Just buy a cheap-ass, old manual transmission car. You can probably find one for like $500 and grind the fuck out of that gear box as you learn to drive it.
>>
>>36901263
my cousin has a 2002 civic thats manual and she said she will let menhave it for 1000

im gonna buy it
>>
>>36901295
Might want to double check with Kelley Blue Book and make sure that's about what it's worth. That's probably about right, though.
>>
>>36901184
Im a truck driver and its not really fun.
I mean, its better than the majority of jobs a peraon like me qualidies for, but it still kind of sucks.
The hours are long, and driving all day is seriously physically taxing.
Im just doing this so i can have enough money to go back to college and get my degree so i can get real job
>>
>>36901295
Never buy a used car from a woman.
You will be buying another within a few months.
>>
>>36901997
how do you down shift before a stop sign that quickly? and what about sudden stops? in traffic would you stay in neutral and then go to first gear? doesnt holding the clutch in hurt it or something?

and if youbhad to stop quick but were in top gear can you just put it into neutral and then start out in 1st or 2nd to get going again?

thank you
>>
>>36901184
Becoming a truck driver nowadays is a fool's errand.

I get why it's an appealing option, especially for a robot, but automation is going to kill trucking jobs. Go into for a finite period of time if you really need to scratch the itch, but don't plan on making a career out of it.
>>
>>36902150
1.Not many downshift.
2.Leave in gear, brake.
3.Yes.
4.No, constant pressure on the clutch pedal will burn out the clutch.
5.Yes, on modern transmissions. Look up twin sticks.
No, constant pressure on the pedal will burn up the clutch.
5.Yes, in modern transmissions. Look up twin sticks to see what you are thinking of.
>>
I'm in trucking school now.
I used to not know how to shift and down shift now I'm pretty good, just struggle to park and alley dock
>>
>>36902290
>automation is going to kill trucking jobs
Just like automated cars killed Uber
>>
>>36902729
Backing up is the hardest part.
>>
>>36901429
Depends on the condition but rarely is a running, driving car under 20 years old worth less than a grand
>>
>>36902745
Just like Uber is investing in their drivers and not in self-driving technology
>>
>>36901184
helo im a truck driver

a lot of people say its easier to learn how to drive a truck if youve never shifted a regular car before since its so different. thats not how it was for me though, im a master at every machine i touch
>>
>>36901295
Look up YouTube videos on shifting

Just play one of those realistic driving games with the shifter
>>
>>36901184
Even if you knew how to drive a standard; learning how to operate an eaton fuller transmission is going to be something completely different.

Also driving a standard on a car or motorcycle isn't hard. It's something you can learn in a single day.
>>
File: Swift_1_1.jpg (1MB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Swift_1_1.jpg
1MB, 1080x1920px
>>36901184
Go to the truckerfag thread on /o/ and ask there, you'll get all the answers you need
>>
>>36903764
swift is such a meme company in the trucking world
>>
>>36903832
SEE
WHAT
I
FUCK UP
TODAY
>>
I've always had a dream of being a truck driver one day. Then my family laughed at me when I told them this and told me have fun being broke since the trucks are gonna drive themselves soon
>>
>>36904532
Do it. Werner is a good company and they're investing 400million into their drivers. they will even pay for your training and it's better than swift
>>
>>36902290
>automation is going to kill trucking jobs
Not anytime soon, even if you're 18 now you'll be retired long before truck drivers aren't needed.
>>
>>36903184
hi master machine how do i become the master of all machines?tahnks
>>
File: 1310497622740.jpg (24KB, 525x481px) Image search: [Google]
1310497622740.jpg
24KB, 525x481px
>>36905097
just be good, my man
>>
>>36905244
hahahahahahaahaa
>>
You're better off having never driven a manual car before. Don't listen to >>36902569 because he doesn't understand what a clutch does. Just sign up for the next CDL course at your local community college.

>>36902150
>how do you down shift before a stop sign that quickly?
Usually just downshift through the top range and knock it into neutral coming to a stop. You'll fail your road test doing that because it's considered "loss of control". Downshift into low range them push the clutch in, go to neutral once you're stopped, then put it into 2nd until you take off.

>and what about sudden stops?
Leave it in gear while using stab braking, then push in the clutch before the engine stalls. The engine can make the truck stop as well as make it go.

>in traffic would you stay in neutral and then go to first gear?
In stop and go traffic you'll drop to a gear between L and 2, then crawl with a buffer between you and the vehicle in front of you. If you're stopped then in practice you'll usually wait in neutral to conserve clutch leg strength.

>doesnt holding the clutch in hurt it or something?
Only if you aren't engaging the clutch brake.

>and if youbhad to stop quick but were in top gear can you just put it into neutral and then start out in 1st or 2nd to get going again?
You can, but as mentioned before, you want tge compression in the cylinders to help slow the truck. You can skip gears downshifting to help retard speed once you're familiar with the engine.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.