[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Looking for an alternative life style?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: 1493610555607.jpg (488KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1493610555607.jpg
488KB, 1920x1080px
So any of you guys think you can hack it living as a drifter? I've done it for a few years so can you. In this thread I'll be telling you the tips and tricks too living the vagabond life style if you're interested. This is all just based off of my personal experience of what does and doesn't work though I'm more then happy to answer any questions you might have I'm not an expert yet. My knowledge in Things like Bush crafting and street preforming is limited.
>>
If I'm living in my car, where's a good place to park it?
>>
>>36891002
Any parking lot in a better neighborhood that won't kick you out. Or the back roads of a more wooded area.
>>
what does a typical day look like?
>>
im interested. Do you live in your car?
>>
How do you take showers?
>>
File: 1474369190373.jpg (73KB, 460x562px) Image search: [Google]
1474369190373.jpg
73KB, 460x562px
>>36891350
Its a nightmare. I honestly don't know why I keep it up.
>>
any miscellaneous advice/tips that you learned the hard way or that we should know?
>>
>>36890955
I'll be homeless in a month, tell me more.
>>
>>36891350
Good day, I would hangout with some of the other homeless young people. After work get some booze and smoke some tree. Go back to my jeep and shit post. Or I could just drive down long deserted stretches of road across the country. Finding little ma and pa owned restaurants real gems. Going camping in the forest of Vermont during fall. Sleeping under the stars in boulder CO.

Bad days working 15 hours a week Not having enough money for food or gas. Getting hopelessly lost in the middle of nowhere taking shit jobs anywhere I can find'em. Loneliness. You getting the jist of it?
>>36891373
I lived outta my jeep yes.
>>36891424
Gym member ship usually. Sometimes I'd shower off in lakes or creeks if I was low on cash and close to either more often then that though I'd use sink showers and baby wipes for my groin ass and under arms.
>>
>>36891751
Don't fuck around with people on hard drugs. Stay outta black neighborhoods. Pick up a trade. Don't tell people your situation. Don't get drunk if you plan on driving that day or if you might have to migrate from one spot to the other. Be careful rail riding!!!!! as some of the people you encounter will be a threat. You could easily freeze to death or lose a leg trying to board. Better not do it. Set up systems where you can pay for your insurance digitally straight from your pay check, same with your cell phone bill. Quit using tabacoo. When applying for jobs put the address of the closes slum apartment that you can find as your place of residence. Slum lords usually won't answer questions about their tenant.
>>
sounds like a difficult life and not really worth it. why not just get a job that is tolerable, then pay rent, buy food, and live life like a respectable normal citizen?
>>
>>36892096
Ask more specific questions anon or tell me more about your situation.
>>
Stuff you are gonna necessarely need to start the homeless life ?
How do people treat you in public places ?
If you could go back in time what would you change about your life ?
Is it worth to go to jail as last resort?
>>
>>36892550
I was almost forced into it. I was a high school drop out. Living with my abusive alcoholic mom. So at 17 I left my job as a short order to go work as a cook in a retirement home in floride ( im from PA)it paid more. Really all I did was broaden my job hunting range. And I just kept that life style. Sure it was a hassle but almost everyday was different I've got to experience so much and I've become so much stronger as a person.
>>
>>36892669
Aren't homeless people who sleep outside afraid of being assaulted or something like that?
>>
>>36892694
If you don't have a car then get a Good spacious hiking backpack, toiletrys, grooming kit, sewing kit,sturdy boots a non lethal weapon like mace or an axe handle your phone id debit card. 2 pairs of casual cloths at least one formal pair for interviewsm. a means of washing them check camping stores. A lighter, a jacket hat and gloves. Water bottle, bible, whatever other nick knacks you might need.
>how would people treat me.
No different then anyone else usually. I never presented myself as homeless. How the homeless are treated really depends on where you are in the world.
>is going to prison as a last resort worth it?
Fuck no man your outta your mind.
>>
>>36892939
Yeah mostly they sleep in groups or make little hoovervills. In the Westcost No not really.
>>
File: 1476709061058.jpg (221KB, 750x498px) Image search: [Google]
1476709061058.jpg
221KB, 750x498px
sure thing bro it only works though if you live in a warm country and places with good infrastructure (wallmart , 24/7 mcdonalds, convience stores, small crime etc) otherwise it will only end in disaster.

If I was a US citizen I'd just go to hawaii. In Japan homeless is just a matter of preference and losing face.

Its never life threatening like living in the north you could freeze to death or be eaten alive just by wandering too far.
>>
>>36893812
I'd travel too the warm states for winter. AZ is pretty great.
>>
>>36893812
Nah it can work in most of America. You just have to figure out what your doing.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.