[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

There is no rational reason to have children.

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 8

File: reasons to have kids.jpg (214KB, 1093x974px) Image search: [Google]
reasons to have kids.jpg
214KB, 1093x974px
There is no rational reason to have children.
>>
Is this what psychology majors do in between fast food joint shifts?
>>
>>36890249
Some of those reasons are valid.
>>
>>36890249
maybe not for you, but that's probably just a rationalization to be okay with everyone elses decision not to have them with you
>>
>>36890307
All of them are valid if they make people happy or otherwise fulfilled in some way, who gives a fuck about other people and their motivations
>>
>>36890249
Shekel for a clever goy
>>
>>36890249
it lowers the chance to develop breast cancer later in life :)
>>
>>36890300
*philosophy
original or not to be original that is the question
>>
>>36890249
go away Schopenhauer
>>
it's based on biological urges, yes. you should not hate 'em cause they love how having a children makes them feel. the only problem that i see in it is that there is so much things that can go wrong with it, that it just seems pointless. we should harvest kids in labs, so we make most out of new-born child. giving a birth to a baby, you never know will it turn out to be smart, healthy, etc. don't hate on ppl who want to have a baby, i just think it can be done more precisely in labs or whatever name we will give to such places.
>>
There is no rational reason to keep on existing.
>>
File: tactical visor activated.jpg (9KB, 190x200px) Image search: [Google]
tactical visor activated.jpg
9KB, 190x200px
Post your translated reasons for wanting kids.

>Ego extension. Racial identity
>Fear of death and non-existence

Sounds like me alright.
>>
have fun dying out fag
you biological failure
>>
>>36890600
>One bloodline out of millions is dying out

What a nightmare!
>>
>>36890249
I mean, I kinda don't want kids right now or in the near future, say 5-10 years out.

Never really thought about the reasons I might want to have a kid, and the most accurate is probably:
>I might regret not having had the experience later, when it's too late
Which translates to
>Fear of future worries and life passing too fast

Seems pretty accurate to me.
>>
You could extend this same line of arguing to being alive in general. There is no rational reason to stay alive, it's all based on emotions and biological urges.
So why haven't you killed yourself yet OP?
>>
File: abathur.jpg (132KB, 1131x707px) Image search: [Google]
abathur.jpg
132KB, 1131x707px
>tfw I read all the "real reasons" in his voice
>>
>>36890761
There is action required to kill myself.

There is no action required to not have kids. If I could just choose to die 100% success with no energy input aside from deciding to die, I would.
>>
>>36890600
I just don't want to anyone else suffer. It's not about me, it's an extension of my sympathy towards innocent people (read; whites) experiencing pain of any form. But then again, they never wanted me so it doesn't matter because I'd never have the chance anyhow lol. Do whatever you want. I don't appreciate life and there is no promise your spawn will either
>>
>>36890747
Well, when you're dead, you won't have to worry about that.
>>
>>36890949
You can also do absolutely nothing for at least 4 days, I'm sure you'll be dead after that. Or is inaction now a form of action.
>>
>>36890761
I'm trying, kid.
>>
>>36891080
It requires the will to override natural instincts + energy required to get far enough from normies so that they don't revive me.

You can't honestly be equating not having kids (that is, choosing to stay away from whores) to not killing myself. This is your mind on Normies everyone.
>>
>>36890249
So?
Why does it have to be rational?
None of you cucks will ever reproduce so why do you even care?
Maybe you're trying to justify your dead end genealogy by pretending the fact you cant even get into the position to reproduce is "noble".
Sour grapes etc.
>>
>>36891193
I'm not a normie in any way, shape or form.I don't disagree that there is no rational reason to have kids, I'm just trying to say that that same conclusion can be applied to multiple situations. And yes I am equating them in this case, because the discussion was about whether there is rational reasoning for it, not whether you feel like taking action or not.
>>
>>36890499
So this is what autistic marxism looks like. Maybe thats an oxymoron.
>>
>>36890949
So your "reason" is because you're irrationally lazy.
>>
>>36891193
>having kids is irrational why would you do it
>living is irrational why dont you kill yourself
>GOD CUZ I DONT FEEL LIKE IT BECAUSE IT TAKES EFFORT NORMIES REEEEE
You moved the goal posts first and your argument is retarded.
Robocucks errybody
>>
>>36891351
Ok. Lets look at it this way.
First of all, rationality is subjective. It is not a great merit of an argument mainly because it assumes some sort of objective truth.
That's not say I don't agree with adding 1+1 to get (1+1), commonly referred to as '2'. I do mean that when it comes to things requiring action or inaction and moral consequences of either, I think it is up to the individual to make that choice.

In the case of kids; my inaction will;
1) cause no more suffering humans to be forced into existence
2) relieve me of that moral dilemma

In the case of living; my inaction (that is, keeping status quo aka. 'staying alive') will
1) cause no more suffering to myself than I am already afflicted with everyday

Now, in both of these cases, I require no extra energy to maintain these outcomes. I mean, I guess you could say that it does require energy to stay alive (which it does) but as I haven't killed myself due to extraordinarily strenuous circumstances, I can say I have adjusted to my forced existence enough that I don't feel the need to spend more energy on killing me.

In short, I am only doing it because the energy input is minimal and is rewarding enough that I don't care enough to kill myself.

I could act on living (killing myself to change my situation) but that requires more energy and my life isn't so bad at the moment for me to really justify it. I can't, however, justify bringing anyone else into this. Mainly because I feel life isn't worth extending beyond my life time and the perceived moral problems that come with bringing life into this imperfect world.
>>
>>36890249
Terrible chart and pathetic psychoanalysis.

"I love children " = " Out of touch with inner child"

Give me a fucking break.
>>
>>36891655
I don't know why you've come to preach anti-natalism to a board where most users will not reproduce.

Anyway, it does not take much effort to suicide. Takes more energy to live.

Here is another one question: Why is suffering bad?
>>
>>36891846
I can also ask pointless questions;
why is suffering good?

Also, if you read what I wrote, I acknowledged it takes more energy to keep living but as of right now, staying alive isn't so bad that I desire death, I just don't want to force it on anyone else.
>>
File: meme aids.jpg (120KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
meme aids.jpg
120KB, 1024x768px
I had parental urges as a teen, but then my mother had another child, and let me say this is the single worst way to fuck up your life beyond repair.
I'd get a vasectomy, but there's no point because my libido died.
Watch "We need to talk about Kevin", there's wisdom in this movie about having a child.
>>
>>36891900
Yes, that is correct. It is all subjective and i will do what pleases me.

Did you make this chart? There are some good points, but a lot is a long, bitter stretch and reeks of rationalization. Everyone who is 'carrying on the family name' is trying to please dad and is duped by superstition? What is wrong with ego extension and racial identity? I love babies = "short sighted view of reality"

Oh, please.
>>
>>36892028
I did not make the chart.

It is my personal belief that forcing someone to exist for sole or combined purpose of ego, feelings, love, etc is not a good reason to subject a complete innocent (that is, not born yet or a witness to this world) to a life full of un-assured existence. Sure, they may enjoy life at some point or they may always hate it. There's no saying, mainly because you can't provide the "perfect life" for that child.

As much as I naturally would like a child, I can't bring myself to make one experience this life. Sorry bud, but you do you.
>>
File: be ready for your 80s.png (51KB, 972x236px) Image search: [Google]
be ready for your 80s.png
51KB, 972x236px
>>36890249
your daily reminder, cucklet
>>
>>36892135
Well, i'm glad you didn't make that chart.

I say back to you: you do you. I'm assuming you are OP? You said there was no rational reason to have children. Another anon mentions there was no rational reason to exist. You admitted later that rationality itself is subjective. You also mention 'personal belief'. It's building your platform on sand. It's goop. It's 'why not'. To each their own.
>>
there is no rational reason to shame people for having kids
>>
>>36890249
What if I want to raise them, teach them things I've learned and want to watch them become a well-rounded person?
>>
File: ixSdAMb.gif (11KB, 501x504px) Image search: [Google]
ixSdAMb.gif
11KB, 501x504px
>>36890249
That's right goyim. You don't need children, let the white race die o...wait forget that last bit.
>>
>>36892384
I'm not op. I don't think there is any 'rational' reason to procreate existence. I quote rational because I think this is a situation where 'rationality' cannot be applied; it is a moral issue to me.

Morality is personal belief. Therefore, this is a personal belief issue.
I'm not trying to convince anyone of anything, though, in my ideal world, people would refrain from having kids. I don't think there is any justification in forcing someone to exist.

That's all. If you can make yourself believe there is, or you can't override your natural instinct, then there isn't much I can do.
>>
>>36892542
I don't see a problem with letting whites die. I mean, they have let the Jews win.

What I don't understand is why the Jews would want shitskins as slaves over whites... They obviously have the means to control whites, so why would they want an inferior race to rule over?

Whatever, no girl ever wanted me anyhow.
>>
>>36892434
That's a pretty egotistical reason. You want someone to live for your own pleasure.

Go ahead; it's not like they can stop you.
>>
>>36892615
I understand. Have a good day anon.
>>
>>36892768
You the same.
>>
/pol/fag here , fuck you, i want to have children to stop white genocide.
>>
>>36890300
>between fast food joint shifts
kek, so true
>>
>>36892795
Cool. I hope you want them to die fighting for the white race, because a physical war is pretty much the only thing going to save us whites at this point.
>>
>>36890249
We won't be young forever, someone has to take care of you when you're old and grey.
>>
>>36893123
Well, you're implying I will live to be old. I have no intention to retire, or perhaps work until 40 and live off minimal savings until I die.

Not everyone is a normie
>>
Here's my problem is when I have to honor these worthless shits and go to the back of the bus for people who had no success so they had kids to replace boredom. Also people who don't adopt piss me off.
>>
>>36890249
let's add another column to the right about "where this bitter ass attitude stemmed from"

who hurt you anon
>>
>>36893384
>ad hominem
Doesn't discredit anything, only makes normies feel better
>>
>>36894009
The list of "reasons" are literally full of oversimplified ad hominems.

>Reasons given
I agree with this entire list
>Real reasons
Obsessive pessimism and contrarianism
>>
>just want to

That's it really, would be fun to get a girl pregnant and spend time thinking about names then looking after them and wanting to teach them stuff and see them do better than me
>>
"child-free" men are just using the label to avoid third realisation that women dont find them attractive
>>
File: 1476932965635.jpg (30KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
1476932965635.jpg
30KB, 500x333px
>>36890761
>So why haven't you killed yourself yet OP?
It's probably due to the human instinct to survive.
One of the main reasons for not having children is too stop suffering, killing yourself induces a lot of pain and suffering.
Since you are already born of course you will seek to survive - this Is literally the main function of living organisms.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzMnR6IAe18
>>
Agreed. Breeding is selfish and retarded. Most of us are going to be damned to eternal hellfire so it would be better if we weren't born in the first place.
>>
File: 1494266009504.png (132KB, 370x320px) Image search: [Google]
1494266009504.png
132KB, 370x320px
>>36890249
Welp, guess I no longer want children now. At least I have a reason not to date guys anymore now.
>>
>>36890249
Some of those are an odd thing to complain about.

>I've always wanted to have children, it's what people do.
>Unquestioned cultural conditioning
No, it isn't. It's a biological urge and part of how life reproduces. It's nature, not nurture. Reproduction is what people do or none of us would be here. It's not cultural, it's natural.

And what's the "bloodline superstition"?
>>
>>36890499
The real answer is eugenics-lite. If you don't have any ridiculous issues like full blown autism or aids and you have more than enough money to afford raising a child with a stay-at-home parent then you can reproduce.
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.