[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw no financial independence and a cuckshed on a nice plot

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: van-life.jpg (65KB, 1000x543px) Image search: [Google]
van-life.jpg
65KB, 1000x543px
>tfw no financial independence and a cuckshed on a nice plot of land

why even live?
>>
>>36889317
>all that wood structure
>inside a vehicle
Wood/metalworker here, that shit will likely start rattling apart so fast as you drive. Wood shouldn't be used for much else but trim on a vehicle. It makes for beautiful houses and structures, but it wears too easily for that shit.

Besides, it's also very heavy and space-consuming compared to metal. On a regular structure that's not a big deal, but in a van where every inch of lost space is noticeable, it's pretty short-sighted.

90% of these "omg so kewl" vanbuilds you see with wooden interior additions like that are hipster shits who made the van primarily based off their kitschy art blogs and album cover photos. The other 10% straight-up couldn't afford to use anything better than wood - Sad!
>>
>>36890349
Furthermore, even if you're going to park it and never drive it again, its cheaper to build a wooden structure from the ground up, and you'll get a better home with better/more liveable dimensions anyway.
>>
>>36890349
>>36890388
that's not the vehicle you can tell from the windows and door position. it looks like a one bedroom shed with some creature comforts
fucking stupid captcha doesn't work
>>
>>36890432
The vehicle on the left is what I'm talking about. That wooden shit inside is so mind-numbingly wasteful, you could probably get twice the utility out of metal shelving/walls and they'd never rattle loose or get wood rot.
>>
>>36890475
Yeah or you could not give a fuck, build something quick and dirty, and change it later because you never get it right the first time. Then when you do that you won't have spent a ton of money or acquired a ton of single-purpose metal tools.

Also, what kind of idiot builds things that "rattle loose?" Just nail stuff together, it won't rattle loose. And if you're desperately worried about it, spring for an extra twenty dollars in screws.

>rattle loose
>wood rot
>code words from a fucking snob
>>
>>36890475
Oh, the bike rack and shelving. I see what you mean now. If they went through the trouble of making it, they probably arn't concerned about fixing it if anything goes wrong with it after a while and chances are they spend more time working on stuff like that then using it. They probably have another car that one is just for trips or whatever.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.