[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why didn't you follwo your childhood dream?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 7

File: halflife1.jpg (264KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
halflife1.jpg
264KB, 1280x960px
>wanted to be a scientist working at an underground facility like in hl1
>start studying chemistry and microbiology
>fail hardcore and never get anywhere
>realize I'm too stupid an autistic to actually be smart enough
>end up as NEET with no finished education
>>
>>36888883
pretty simular here i wanted to be a lab assistant but failed my GCSE so i tryed to be a pumber but failed the tst then tought fuck it i'll just join the military...failed the test im a forklift drivre now
>>
>>36888883

Being a power ranger wasn't going to pay my bills
>>
I wanted to be a mad scientist working on some next-level shit in a dark underground facility, similar to you.

Unfortunately, I've ended up more mad and less scientist, so now I just shitpost in a dark room while scraping through a physics degree, failing and retaking every second unit.
>>
>>36888883
>picked profession my father used to do
>chemistry, not interested in the slightest on the subject
>bored teen, dropped out of education and started boozing
>boozing turns to video games, just play games and watch videos all day long
>10 year gap in CV, more unemployable than a actual criminal
>white so no affirmative action to save my ass
How could this happen to me~~
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y983TDjoglQ
>>
File: 1443661357631.png (333KB, 488x600px) Image search: [Google]
1443661357631.png
333KB, 488x600px
>>36888966
>white so no affirmative action to save my ass
just activate your white privilege card dude
>>
File: (2).png (14KB, 530x444px) Image search: [Google]
(2).png
14KB, 530x444px
>>36888985
>no rich relatives to mooch from
>family is piss poor
>no corporate connections / any business connections
>employment office doesn't offer real work only training crap and "work experience" in telemarketing
Where my white privilege at yo?
>>
>>36888923
Too stupid for the military, that's an achievement in it's own right.
>>
>>36889012
>Where my white privilege at yo?
there is no such thing as white privilege, I wish tho
>>
>>36889032
Yep, might be class privilege the SJW's etc are whining about, but if they admit it is a class privilege that would mean they have it too since they are mostly middle class or higher spoiled brats
Gotta love the current years, everyone has a voice so the idiots shout the loudest and media is lapping it up like ambrosia
>>
When I was 8...
I wanted to be dead
>>
no i don't want to install half life 1 stop it. I shoudn't play games anymore.
>>
File: 1490831837829.png (273KB, 1465x1209px) Image search: [Google]
1490831837829.png
273KB, 1465x1209px
>>36888883

>wanted to be a vet
>got into medschool instead
>spend my whole day taking care of shit people in a tiring job
>wonder ever single day how life would be better if I was a vet
>I could even have my own kennel now
>I could have my own little clinic
>nope, gotta wake up 4am tomorrow and head down to a 24h shift at the local hospital

I achieved so much yet I achieved nothing.
>>
>>36888883
because I did not become spiderman.
>>
>>36888883

Dammit, did the same shit with telecommunications. Wanted to be a tr00 h4x0r living in an underground server facility having the entire interwebz at my peril. Couldn't work it past a network programming 101 course. Fucking C sockets, how do they work?

Turned out I was more realistic at six when I wanted to be a cashier cause people line up to give them money all day.
>>
File: 1490796544520.png (405KB, 441x419px) Image search: [Google]
1490796544520.png
405KB, 441x419px
>Admire SWAT
>Wanted to become a cop in hopes of becoming SWAT
>Cystic Fibrosis
JUST
>wanted to be a scientist working at an underground facility like in hl1
I also want to be dead
>>
>>36888940
You could still be one. You can just make a fan show without the name "Ranger"in it and post vids on YouTube. Only issue is that you'd need friends.
>>
>>36888883
Because a fighter pilot requires a sound body and my parents neglected me hardcore growing up. Turns out having rheumatic fever for the first 2 years of your puberty stage isn't conducive to a robust body let alone an average one.
>>
File: 1488487528280.jpg (11KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
1488487528280.jpg
11KB, 240x240px
>>36888883

>wanted to be a graphic designer
>wanted to work in a nice clean studio and take it easy working on something that came naturally to me
>finish college get a portfolio
>get a studio apprenticeship
>2008 happens
>studio cuts people
>other studios close due to no work from other business
>do freelance for a bit
>not enough work and India and eastern europe made it a rat race to the bottom charging 100gbp-200gbp worth of work for 10gbp-20gbp online Its usually stolen or ripped off
>if you put self-employed on a cv it seems to make it harder to get the job you want
>end up with useless degree
>have to lie on cv about work experience because a supermarket doesn't want to here about your self-employed or studio work
>only jobs are bar work and retail in area
>they get flooded with applications
>>
I guess the idea of being an astronaut just got less exciting the more I learned about real space travel.
>>
>Wanted to be an engineer
>Not good enough at math because I'm a slow learner and I don't do enough homework/practice
>Completely fucking lost
>End up as a mediocre programmer
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.