[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You are what you believe you are!

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 6

File: Pepe'sFate.jpg (64KB, 620x418px) Image search: [Google]
Pepe'sFate.jpg
64KB, 620x418px
I've watched this quirky cartoon frog over the years, seeing him morph with the intentions of the users who post him. Originally brought to us through the class "feels good man" snippet, bringing us a sense of positivity and light hearted banter to the cesspool that is 4chan's community. But with this adoption came a morphing of Pepe. I watched as the users morphed him into twisted forms, from agony fueled depression, to obnoxiously smug, and eventually belligerent hate.

Now with Pepe's death having come to pass, I've learned a valuable lesson. People can take the perception of you and twist it into whatever they want, but it's you who decides what you're about and what you want to live for!

Furie said: "It's completely insane that Pepe has been labeled a symbol of hate [...] but in the end, Pepe is whatever you say he is, and I, the creator, say that Pepe is love."

Here's to you Pepe, you beautiful bastard.
>>
File: 1458950622729.jpg (11KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
1458950622729.jpg
11KB, 225x225px
greenlips is dead forever so a haha and a fuck you to the dork who drew him and still thinks himself relevant
You're right OP, we are the redlip, we live forever because we are whoever we choose to be, because we are free from even our own creator to be whatever we wish, and no one can stop us as long as so long as we don't stop ourselves
>>
File: original.jpg (294KB, 619x810px) Image search: [Google]
original.jpg
294KB, 619x810px
>>36884352

That imposter isn't Pepe.
>>
>>36884427

You're right, he's the internet's now. Free to be whatever it wants him to be. But I can't help but sympathize with the creator, to still cling to his ideal for Pepe gives me faith to believe in the person I want to be and not accept what people tell me I am.

>>36884438
It is Pepe, whether you like it or not.
>>
>>36884470

Sorry that's not how art or memes work.
>>
>>36884486

Art and memes are entirely subjective, you can't tell me how they do or don't work in an objective way.
>>
Superman... I want to be Superman.
>>
>>36884507

Then you can't say it's Pepe, you can just talk about your feelings about it.
>>
Pepe is killed just as an attempt to kill the so-called "alt-right"
If you accept his death, you accept the MSM view of things
>>
>>36884550

Believe it!

>>36884556

No, you have it backwards. We can definitely say it's Pepe, but we can't label him with a specific feeling as his essence. Because he is art and that gives everyone a different opinion on him. Instead he is given purpose by those who use him, and most of all the purpose of the creator should be valued.

He created Pepe out of his own mind, and to see Pepe go down all these dark paths is the nature of art. But the value I see in this story is, even if the world tells you you're a hate symbol your ownership of yourself, much like the creator/creation relationship between Pepe and Furie, should be valued. I believe now that I should value my own perception of myself over ones others assign to me. No one knows you like you do. No one knows Pepe like Flurie does.
>>
>>36884629
>>36884507

If art and memes are entirely subjective this is all bullshit (it is)
>>
>>36884745

Personality and attitude are subjective as well anon, they are simply ways we choose to perceive and interact with the world. Thus, since the feeling we get from Pepe is subjective and nothing about it matters, then essentially everything about it matters when pertaining to discussion about it.

When you have a subjective debate over the "truer" meaning of artistic work, you're not going to find some validation in being the most correct. All you can do is present your opinion and why you feel it is the ideal perspective, and for me that's respecting the traditional creator.

Just as Toriyama returned after Dragon Ball GT and Evolution to make Dragon Ball Super because he valued his creations too much to see them fall into obscurity from other producers, so too do I believe one can grasp their own life and reinforce what they wish to be rather than accepting what they've been told.

This is the power we have as creators of ourselves, the result of molding our personalities and attitudes from the experiences we've had.
>>
File: 1486487524495.jpg (62KB, 500x439px) Image search: [Google]
1486487524495.jpg
62KB, 500x439px
See you space cowboy...
orginalcommentgenerator9000
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.