[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are you religious? Why or why not? What do you think of people

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5

File: rev-d-von.jpg (53KB, 765x956px) Image search: [Google]
rev-d-von.jpg
53KB, 765x956px
Are you religious?
Why or why not?
What do you think of people that don't share your beliefs?
>>
>>36882708
>Are you religious?
no
>Why or why not?
those cardboard crackers they gave you at church tasted like ass
>What do you think of people that don't share your beliefs?
i really couldnt care less unless they're trying to cram religion down other peoples throats, then its just fucking obnoxious
>>
>>36882708
Religious Dvon plz leave
>>
Why are black people so staunchly christian? You would think after being put into slavery they wouldn't be to fond of their master's belief system.
>>
No, because I came to the conclusion that it was a waste of time and meaningless. Not in the cynical sense, but in general. I'm an atheist, but I keep it to myself, like all people who hold beliefs should.
>>
>Are you religious?
No
>Why or why not?
Gradually deconverted around 14
I don't mind them just don't preach to me pls. Fuck muslims though.
>>
>>36882708
>Are you religious?
No.
>Why or why not?
Because I wasn't raised on it and have experienced no "divine experience" to date that would be enough to convert me.
I don't care, provided they're not trying to shove it down my throat or blowing up shit.
>>
I'm christian because tradition and morals are the only things that could save this disgusting society. I think that non-religious people worship utterly retarded things like muh freedoms or muh equality and that they should come home to the church instead. I also think they will when they realize how terrible secular life is.
>>
>>36883308

>>36883311
Here. It was because of slavery that blacks became christians. Like a means of assimilating into society as equals to whites. You can see how well that worked. My mother gave me shit when I told her I renounced religion, my brother suddenly acted like he was religious and he ended up opening his mouth to two black women who preached to me about some bullshit I don't even remember (They didn't like my stance either way). I have more respect for the five percenters than I do any black christian.

And obviously, I'm black.
>>
>>36882708
Holy shit I remember the dudly boyz split up that was like 15 years ago now
>>
>>36883355
Why is it that religious folks are so rude to atheists. All the atheists in this thread are so chill and you're here being all agressive-small wonder they don't come and join church. It'd be full of such lovely people like you.
>>
>>36882708
Yeah
Conditioning, hope, fear
I'm not a fan of religion. It takes away peoples' essence and replaces it with something else. I think it is mostly evil. As for the people themselves, I don't know. I don't meet many people. I don't like insanely devout people who twist everything to fit their narrative (despite often being one of those people), or at the very least I don't like the fact that they do it. Sometimes the people themselves are fine.
>>
I'm not religious, I was raised for a long time by my atheist mother and was one of Those atheists (you know what I'm talking about). Then my christian father tried to brainwash me into being Christian, it almost worked but then he went to jail for growing pot.
Now I'd say I'm pretty agnostic and kinda open to the idea of a creator but I'm not about that following a religion life, that just ain't for me. Have no beef with people who are religious though, idgaf.
>>
No. I just don't have any faith. Sometimes I wish I could sincerely believe in God, I think life would be far more tolerable.
>>
File: OG_neckbeard.jpg (40KB, 361x421px) Image search: [Google]
OG_neckbeard.jpg
40KB, 361x421px
>>36882792
For you, m'good sir

>>36883355
moral's/tradition/sense of community are great, but what about the inescapable sense that you're deluding yourself?

>>36883311
>I keep it to myself, like all people who hold beliefs should
Sounds reasonable, but it feels like I should at least try to help them.

>Are you religious?
no

>Why or why not?
no evidence for god, simplest explanation is that there isn't one.

They're fooling themselves. Yeah, I also tip fedoras.
>>
No, was raised as one but eventually I grew out of it like most people do here. It's not some grand revelation like atheists in the US seem to have, it's more like "okay this makes no, guess I'm an atheist".
I'm fine with people of any religion but at the same time I think they're kind of mentally ill, but the weirdest people are always the Christians for some reason.
This is in the Netherlands by the way.
>>
>Are you religious?
Yes, Buddhist. Don't considerit as "Religious" as Christianity but I see it as a religion still.
>Why or why not?
Was atheist for the longest time, had a schizophrenic breakdown, started meditating and used Buddhism as a goal in life.
Everyone has their own path. I hope one day they understand life and relieve themselves of their troubles as I strive to, but their choices are their own
>>
>>36882708

no
there's not any reason to think gods exist
livin' that intellectual inertia probably

or just less willing to swallow the bitter pill of permanent death, an unjust world and a cruel universe.

can't say i blame 'em really
>>
Yes, very.
I went from christian, to an edgy atheist, back to a christian and then to a weird hybrid of religions that recognize many people as holy. I definitely believe in a creator, and I devoutly worship him.
>>
>>36883830
>unjust and cruel
See I never got this. The chance of living life in this stage of society in a literal baby universe and wondering about what might come after is amazing, why be sad you die eventually? Everything you're made of was a thing and will become something else again. Also we might be the first life because the universe is so young, that's pretty cool.
>>
>>36882708
man i loved that promo he did on the sins of masturbation
>>
File: Religion shit 2.jpg (49KB, 579x720px) Image search: [Google]
Religion shit 2.jpg
49KB, 579x720px
>>36882708
>Are you religious?
No
>Why or why not?
Because I care about facts and the scientific method.
They're conformist weaklings that can only survive by clinging to a religion instead of creating their own destiny they define.
>>
>>36883830
>there's not any reason to think gods exist
um lol?
I could see not believing in certain religions gods, but it is very ignorant to say that a god does not exist.
>>
>>36883973
Not having any reason to believe isn't the same as denying a god exists though.
>>
>>36883973
>it is very ignorant to say that a god does not exist.
Not the guy you're replying to, but this is my fundamental issue with religion-on the one hand it'd be comforting and nice, but I simply can't believe that a god exists. There's no evidence except old books and feelings.
>>
>>36884018
I find it the more I educate myself on science, the more I believe in god. Specifically when I learned about the simulation theory. I just feel like there has to be a creator, like where the fuck did everything come from?
>>
>>36882708
>Are you religious?
Not really
>Why or why not?
I wasn't raised on any religious doctrine and I have no reason to adopt one at this point in my life.
People can believe what they like. I don't try to tell other people what to think and I expect the same from them.
>>
>>36882708
No; agnostic athiest.
Absence of evidence is evidence of absence.

I think the church is necessary for the maintenance of society, and value the ways that churches bring communities together.
>>
File: dream_cd4a185d0d.jpg (117KB, 852x480px) Image search: [Google]
dream_cd4a185d0d.jpg
117KB, 852x480px
I was raised Catholic.

Parents sent me to parochial school 1st-8th grade, then all boys Jesuit school. Until about age 16, I went to church with them on Sundays.

25 now, not religious at all. I celebrate Christmas and all of the other Christian holidays with family though. I don't go out of my way to be an atheistfag or be all "hurr god doesn't exist dummies!"

Religion simply isn't a part of my life, I never think about it.
>>
>>36884069
The origin of the universe is complicated so you jump to all-powerful magic entity?
>>
>>36884305
yes. I'm not talking about some magical sky fairy, I just truly believe there has to be some creator, or some spirit that drives things like time and space
>>
>>36884221
sauce on this original pic?
>>
>>36882708
I'm not, but only because I only don't wanna go through the work it takes
I don't really believe in god either, but maybe I believe in something that can help my life, a last strand of "hope" if you will.
>>
File: wait till we drop our mixtape.jpg (71KB, 600x1352px) Image search: [Google]
wait till we drop our mixtape.jpg
71KB, 600x1352px
>>36882708
> Are you religious?
No
> Why or why not?
Why should I support an ideology 4 free, if that "god" would give me free money maybe
> What do you think of people who do not share your beliefs?
Nothing, they can do whatever they fuck they wanna do as long as they do not bother me
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.