[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Wagecuck feels

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 13

File: art_of_the_feel.png (709KB, 553x812px) Image search: [Google]
art_of_the_feel.png
709KB, 553x812px
>be me
>go to college, graduate
>get a job
>job is not as advertised
>stick with it for 8 months anyway
>make plans to leave, make sure all projects are neatly finished before i leave
>plan to take a month to learn some new web dev skills & then start looking for new job
>give my 2 weeks notice
>supervisor is pissed
>sends me home 1 week early

That was back in January. Skip to now:

>been applying for jobs for almost 3 months
>same result every time
>"Anon can you elaborate on why you left (that other company) after just 8 months and don't have any references from there?"
>explain it just wasn't quite the right fit
>"Ah yes, well then, we've decided to consider other candidates."
>tfw i am running out of savings
>tfw basically blacklisted now because i made a mistake fresh out of college
>tfw literally going to have to live in my car pretty soon

Let's here some wagecuck feels, my fellow wagies
>>
Tell them you left to do a course, which is what you did
>>
Uh yeah they don't hire you because you're a little emotional faggot looking for "muh perfect fit" you're probably a typical entitled millennia who walked away from a perfectly good job because "wahhh I need to find myself and have le ebic startup career" or some shit. How can you blame any employer one bit. You are a risk, you have demonstrated yourself to be a wasted investment
>>
>>36880225
I didn't do a course though, I learned some new javascript bullshit and reviewed a bunch of stuff from college. That's because I majored in computer science and basically this job I had was very minimal on the computer science. My programming skills got rusty over the course of my 8 months there so that's why I had to review
>>
File: 1475451391617.jpg (25KB, 540x307px) Image search: [Google]
1475451391617.jpg
25KB, 540x307px
>>36880268
No you're just going to have to take my word for it, this job was barely within my field of study. I couldn't stay there forever because my skills would get rusty and disappear, and the stuff I was doing at that place sure as hell wasn't going to be very applicable to another job in the future.
>>
File: island-2.jpg (47KB, 550x375px) Image search: [Google]
island-2.jpg
47KB, 550x375px
A confluence of a degree that confers few job prospects, social anxiety, and introversion has ensured that I'll never have a mentally stimulating job that pays well.

On top of that, because all my jobs have been menial and in close contact with other people, I quit upon reaching a breaking point. Each subsequent job I apply for requires an ever more complex web of explanations and truth-stretching for why I left previous jobs. It's been 4 years since graduating college, so explaining the job gaps and the lack of professional experience while being horribly nervous is going to be an impossible gauntlet to get past.

I recently took a civil service exam. I scored well, behind only maybe 4 other people out of 50. I then had to go in later on for an oral exam. All I had to do was explain what I'd do in hypothetical situations posed by the three women quizzing me. I answered as rationally as my nervousness would allow, but, in the end, I failed--from said nervousness, I assume.

Shit sux.
>>
File: atlas.jpg (314KB, 1383x1600px) Image search: [Google]
atlas.jpg
314KB, 1383x1600px
>>36880470
I hear you brother. Are you in the United States? I feel like here in the U.S. extroversion is the most important trait in life. Or rather, introversion, for some reason, just invites the wrath of society upon you. People will do nothing but sling shit at you if you are an introverted man. My field is computer science-- doesn't require extroversion, you might think. WRONG. Extroversion is DEMANDED of every person in every field these days. Fucking retards want loud-mouth jackasses in their company because all they care about is "epic venture capitalism" and "startups" and "go-getters"
>>
Try to get some programming gigs online, you don't have to interact much with anybody.
>>
>who part-time wage slave
Summer is here again boys, that means for us part timers it's time to find a new job. Long nights of drinking and masturbation are ahead of us, cheers to that.
>>
>quit job at car dealershit last week after 3.5 years, couldn't take it anymore
>had too much anxiety about work. kept throwing up before or at work, my jaw seized up and I could barely eat, drinking everyday, things like that
>was 2months away from being promoted to management (used car inventory manager retiring,I did his job for 3mos) but that job sucks because you get tortured by retarded salesman all day
>don't know if I made the right decision
>feel an episode of turbo depression coming on, where it hurts to eat/live and I mostly lay in bed all day. trying to stay busy to avoid that
Help what do I do? also how do I get the XANAX prescription that all normies have ?
>>
>>36880340
Tell them literally that
>>
File: feels.png (346KB, 439x500px) Image search: [Google]
feels.png
346KB, 439x500px
>>36880682
I have said that, more or less. I'm telling you, I've crafted an explanation that spins it in the most humble, sympathetic, optimistic, mature way possible. Nobody gives a fuck because the field of computer science is absolutely motherfucking saturated, because every dipshit and his mother are majoring in computer science these days
>>
>>36880548
I am in the US. I keep hearing the introverts make up 53% of the population. I'm skeptical, but I guess it's possible. I suppose the people that really get screwed are not necessarily introverts per se, but those with social anxiety. As such a person, necessary interaction is painful, and thus I avoid it and indirectly any opportunities it may hold.

What is it exactly about computer science that demands extroversion? Having to market what you make?
>>
>going to tech school
>have been sick for 2 years, have arthritis in my hips and shoulders at 25, have really bad stomach issues
>in pain every day, late to school, barely keeping grades up
>family does not care, they love my other two siblings but resent me because I'm a loser
>doctors think I am just seeking drugs even though procedures and tests show I am sick because they hate MILLENIALS
>going to kill myself soon
>nobody cares
>>
File: feels_3.jpg (643KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
feels_3.jpg
643KB, 1920x1080px
>>36880664
Don't take (((xanax))) or any similar bullshit my man, you can make it. Were you on good terms with your supervisor when you left? If so, 3.5 years of experience somewhere can definitely help you get an OK job somewhere, not anything fancy but at least something decent and liveable.
>>
>>36880752
Maybe just don't list them as a reference if it's sabotaging your resume?
>>
>>36880795
>>going to kill myself soon
>>nobody cares
Whatever you choose, I care in that I hope it frees you of your pain.
>>
>>36880844
thank you anon, it's torture living like this. I feel like a wounded animal. In the end I don't want to die I just feel that living in this much pain, and enduring it in complete silence, is worse than death.
>>
File: 1476028627902.jpg (31KB, 612x578px) Image search: [Google]
1476028627902.jpg
31KB, 612x578px
>>36880776
>What is it exactly about computer science that demands extroversion?

You remember those old Apple commercials where you had the hip young guy on one side and he says "I'm a mac" and then you have that awkward pudgy faggot on the other side and he says "And I'm a PC hurr durr hurr"

Yeah. Those commericals were a sign of the overall shift in attitude that killed computer science. Computer programmers are no longer expected to be mature, smart, quiet, calculating people. They are expected to be furiously typing EPIC code in an office in Manhattan with neon-colored walls and bean bag chairs, smoking weed after work and engaging in LE EBIC BUSINESS VENTURES with CODE THAT OPTIMIZES SYNERGY.

Fuck the modern day.
>>
>>36880170
>get fired two weeks ago as software engineer
>feel like there's hope
>read this
>panic

Fuck man, I guess things aren't looking good for me either. Good thing I'm normie af and have connections out my ass.
>>
File: 1493349824269.png (361KB, 858x725px) Image search: [Google]
1493349824269.png
361KB, 858x725px
>interview with pet food company moving to my area, with some higher ups and not just some hr lady
>they're redesigning packaging and ask me what I'd do
>don't get hired
>months later I see the product on shelves and they used my exact idea
God damnit
>>
File: fefe.jpg (45KB, 450x470px) Image search: [Google]
fefe.jpg
45KB, 450x470px
>>36880814
I don't list them as a reference. But I feel like I don't have any choice but to list them on my resume, because I don't know how to explain an 8 month employment gap. Interviewers would ask "What did you do for 8 months after you graduated?" I suppose I could just say I was sick and lived with my parents or some other blatant lie. Actually that's not a bad idea.
>>
File: dayum_shame.jpg (80KB, 393x393px) Image search: [Google]
dayum_shame.jpg
80KB, 393x393px
>>36880883
How did you get fired my man? Want to start some kind of software company together?
>>
>>36880664
>XANAX prescription that all normies have ?
Try phenibut m8, lasts longer and is a little less addictive
>>
>>36880795
Fellow 25 yo here with arthritis. I feel nothing but pain all day. No one cares or they down play it. Doctors dont give a fuck despite xray and mri showing i am not lying. Cant get help because of a god damn drug war going on that only causes pain and suffering to all involved except those waging it. All i really wanted to say is you are not alone. I dont have any fucking answers though. I am truly sorry.
>>
>>36881022
It does mean a lot to know I'm not alone, other people who bitch about this type of stuff seem to do so from a very high place compared to us. I really hope that we can rise above this one day.
>>
>>36880972
I was at a startup, and when you work at a startup, you kinda just get thrown into the water. I wasn't able to handle it, so my boss decided he had to let me go.

Also kinda; I really wanna be free from the wagecuck lifestyle, and I'm willing to bust my ass now to be free later.
>>
File: dog_with_goggles.jpg (46KB, 800x530px) Image search: [Google]
dog_with_goggles.jpg
46KB, 800x530px
>>36881064
Kek I was at a startup too. Well basically a startup, it had moved slightly beyond the "startup" phase and into the "legit, stable company" phase. Since college, I have grown to despise startups with a passion. Every business dipshit wants to make a "le ebic startup xDxDxDxD With le cutting edge synergy and customer engagement xDxD." I'm 95% sure that's why the idiots at my old company hired me. They wanted a comp sci from a top university at their company because it looks and sounds cool, even though they didn't even really have much work for someone in my field.
>>
>>36880893
Sue them my brotendo
>>
>>36880893
Holy shit, I would punch a hole in my god damn wall if that happened to me. Are you sure it was your exact idea? Fucking brutal
>>
File: WagMoreBaconCheese.png (145KB, 650x650px) Image search: [Google]
WagMoreBaconCheese.png
145KB, 650x650px
>>36881249
They made this bumper sticker which became a meme like "life is good" but weren't using it for anything else, so I said they should just put it on the packaging because dog owners have probably seen it somewhere.
>>
>currently unemployed
>summer break from college classes
>family and others all screaming at me to get a job even if its fast food

>feel like I'll completely give up on life if I work in food service or big box retail ever again

Either way I want to die
>>
File: 1494274443600.png (293KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
1494274443600.png
293KB, 633x758px
A bit similar to mine:
> be me
> go to college, graduate
> try to look for job
> a lot of jobs want experience, locking out a lot of things
> a few interviews and no jobs
> start looking for part time jobs to fill my resume
> resume gets filled with worthless crap where I'm not employed for more than 4 months
> no interview in months
> friends are leaving
> health insurance is ending
> doc diagnosed me with atismo-like thing where I have difficulty communicating effectively with others but couldn't go on further because not enough money
> fml

>>36880878
That was about the time that killed Apple for me. No longer were they Apple Computer, the creators of great operating systems, they were Apple, just a brand with expensive stuff. I thought the commercials were funny at first but eventually came to realize what everyone else did, Mac was just an insufferable prick.
>>
>>36882470
Oh yeah, and I'm an introvert as well. Went back to professor to wonder why I haven't gotten a job yet, something about "Type A personalities"
>>
>>36880878
Comp Sci grad and software Engineer for years here

amen to that dude
>>
I suck cock for cash it's a good job desu
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.