[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Oblivion

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_0022.jpg (447KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0022.jpg
447KB, 1080x1920px
Just got this r9k.never played it am I going to enjoy myself?

>inb4 console pleb
>>
worse gameplay than skyrim, but significantly better story/worldbuilding

bretty gud.
>>
It's ok, better than Skyrim but not as good as Morrowind
>>
Bethesda trash is irredeemable enough on PC with mods, I can only imagine how boring it would be to play on a console. You'd have more fun staring at the ceiling.
>>
File: the-hero-of-kvatch-1560162.png (130KB, 500x577px) Image search: [Google]
the-hero-of-kvatch-1560162.png
130KB, 500x577px
Yeah m8. Oblivion is comfy af
>>
>>36878093
you might not like it if you played Skyrim first
>>
great game. my favorite in the series. you'll have a good time. don't be afraid to reroll
>>
Its a good game but Elder Scrolls games are best enjoyed on PC for mods and shit. P.S. I do have nothing against consoles.
>>
>>36878137
Played skyrim first But I think I'm going to like it I'm pretty easy to please
>>
>>36878190
I would much rather play on pc but im a super poorfag
>>
>>36878234
Well I guess I understand, but you should really invest in a cheap PC. Budget builds are very good and can play games like oblivion like its nothing.
>>
>>36878093
The combat feels so clunky that you might as well cheat the difficulty away.

The quests and characters are great though.
>>
>>36878265
How much would a cheap build cost me roughly?
>>
>>36878314
It depends on what deals you can find.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQkd05iAYed2-LOmhjzDG6g
>>
Actually, you might want to wait for skyblivion. I imagine it's going to be way better than this old thing
>>
i loved it to death

just don't get into min maxing, if you want to get deep into the grind you will be disappointed, as the leveling is complete bullshit. unless you fancy the idea of crouch walking behind a rock for 12 hours to max sneak.

Also magic is extremely fun and enchanting and crafting your own spells is extremely op

just avoid destruction as it fucking sucks, but illusion and conjuration are great

but the world and quests are much stronger IMO (shame you don't have the goty version with all the dlc, shivering isles is incredible)

the combat is pretty much the same as skyrim, just less polished.

in all its a comfy roleplaying experience, just don't take the leveling seriously or it will drive you mad. but i much prefer this game over skyrim
>>
>>36878093
It is probably the best TES game there is. The team behind the games clearly learned a lot from Morrowind when they made Oblivion. Things are less awkward and the exploration is super good but sooner or later you'll notice there are about four voice actors for every man in the game.
>>
it's great but you will never enjoy it in 2006 as a kid the way it was meant to be enjoyed

>tfw you will never play oblivion for the first time again
>>
>>36878541
Nah senpai the move is to win the arena and then pickpocket the adoring fan over and over because he lets you and your sneak goes up real fast
>>
>>36878093
It's simultaneously the weirdest and best elder scrolls game
>>
>>36878314
http://www.logicalincrements.com/
Remember to use PCPartPicker for your first sanity check, then /g/ for your second.
>>
>>36878093
Elder Scrolls games would be more truthfully marketed as a template for building your own game than a game itself

I actually play most games on console because I've grown accustomed to it but honestly there's really no reason to play a Bethesda game on anything but PC with some choice mods
>>
>>36878975
A console is easier to play on than a PC and the quality of the gameplay is ensured. Often I want to play an entirely original unaltered version of a game and playing on a console is a great way to know you're getting the vanilla experience.
>>
>>36878093
Getting a bethesda game for a console... do they have patches for that game?
Anyway that game did not age well even with mods and again another reason not to play it on console.
>>
>>36879049
>A console is easier to play on than a PC and the quality of the gameplay is ensured

Except when it's a bethesda game and there are broken quests/routes that you can only play by downloading an unofficial patch

play on PC with a TV with a controller and with balance/improved performance mods or a patch and you have something better than the vanilla experience
>>
>>36879186
What if I want the vanilla experience for the sake of it being the vanilla experience? I know Bethesda is known for buggy games and TES in particular. They're still fine games to me and just as fun.

Just being a conjuration wizard with my skeleton buddy and horse is all I ask.
>>
>>36879298
I played skyrim for 450+ hours, something like 12 playthroughs and did almost every quest. It's just infuriating when you have to look up a certain bug and how to fix it, or when it requires console commands which you don't have access to. Frankly, I understand what you're saying, but it's a load of horse shit and you understand why once you actually experience it
>>
File: smugAnimeGirl4.jpg (28KB, 337x404px) Image search: [Google]
smugAnimeGirl4.jpg
28KB, 337x404px
>>36878093
>Oblivion
>Xbox 360
>Not playing Morroblivion on PC
Morrowind with Oblivion graphics and combat is pretty damn awesome.
>>
skyrim / fallout 3/4/NV are masterpieces, ignore what anyone else tells you.
>>
why isn't this thread on v?
>>
>>36879422
Have you ever considered you've played way too much Skyrim? I can't even begin to imagine spending 450+ hours on a single game. I play maybe that much a whole year. Obviously if you comb every nook and cranny of a game like that you're going to find the ugliest parts of it.

I think I got stuck super bad once and I had to load my last save. 8/10 experience if not for the bad voice acting on top of aging OK-but-not-great graphics.
>>
File: Silverback Gorilla Wildlife.jpg (127KB, 618x640px) Image search: [Google]
Silverback Gorilla Wildlife.jpg
127KB, 618x640px
>>36879497
What? Do you want another trap/interracial/etc thread? Is that what you'd rather have? I bet it is. Fuckin faggots.
>>
>>36879475
Only NV among those is a master piece. The rest are pieces of shit with terrible writing, terrible stories, terrible quests, terrible implementation of RPG elements, etc.

>>36879524
450 hours is not that bad. I put 600 hours in Fallout NV, and it is a smaller game but I did it because buildz
>>
File: 1491500153853.jpg (92KB, 775x960px) Image search: [Google]
1491500153853.jpg
92KB, 775x960px
>>36878093
For a bit, oblivion is actually pretty boring being a early 7th gen title really shows it's a big world but empty as fuck. Also elder scrolls games should really be played on PC mods make a world of difference
>>
>>36878722
Or just go to the Inn with the first dark brotherhood victim and auto walk into a wall since he never leaves his room but is close enough to make your sneak level go up
>>
>>36879497
>/v/
>talking about video games
It's all r/pcmasterrace autism and almost no talking about the games unless its someone sperging out about how a console exclusive is actually terrible unless it gets a pc port, then it's game of the year
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.