[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I therapy a fucking meme? literally everyone online tells me

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: 1485006150184.jpg (31KB, 402x292px) Image search: [Google]
1485006150184.jpg
31KB, 402x292px
I therapy a fucking meme?
literally everyone online tells me to "get help", but my insurance doesn't cover mental health services and the last time I went to see one, they put me on a massive over-dose of Adderal when I was around 6 years old. I ended up drooling on myself and crying randomly until my parents got sick of me throwing up my meds and stopped taking me.

am I going to be wasting $500 a month to have some quack try to put me on tranquilizers again?
>>
I have wasted many hours of my life going to a psychiatrist and therapist and it hasn't helped me one bit. I highly recommend to use neither service.
>>
>>36877850
Waste of time for me. I couldn't swallow what she was selling.
>>
>>36877875
I also wasted a shit ton of time going to therapists. It's embarrassing more than it is anything else
>>
>>36877850
When someone tells you to "get help" it's usually because you just disagreed with them. It's a petty insult. Therapy teaches you to blame yourself for all of your problems with the world.
>>
>>36877850
>goes for the meds right away
That's the sign of a shitty doctor/therapist. Trying to work with any existing conditions (if any) and identifying what you can do yourself before resorting to medications is the proper way to go about things. You can make that clear to them to start with as well. Don't let them fucking pressure you to buy medicine.

Fun-fact: America alone consumes 50% of the world's anti-depressants. Makes you really wonder, huh? (What I mean by that is we over-medicate)
>>
Friendly reminder that "therapy" isn't just eating pills and hoping depression goes away like the common cold.

See a psychologist, not a psychiatrist.
>>
>>36877850
Psychiatric help is covered under my countries healthcare program. I went once and the therapist laughed at my chosed suicide method and handed me a self help pamphlet. Save yourself the money.
>>
I don't even know what the fuck I would say if I went to see a therapist.

"I wanna kill myself doc"
"Why?"
"idk lol"

seems like a waste of time and money
>>
>>36878000
yeah, well in america it's considered a luxury
unironically thanks Obama.
the ACA forced insurance companies to cover a lot of shit they didn't want to, so they started cutting corners
the law says they have to cover mental health the same as physical if they cover mental health
but there's no rule that says they have to cover mental health, so companies drop it.

unless you're foaming at the mouth you have to pay for it yourself
>>
>>36878000
>I went once and the therapist laughed at my chosed suicide method
they are surprisingly mean and rude for someone who's job is to help people who have problems. Nice trips btw
>>
>>36878055
they egg you on to killing yourself or make fun of you, you can sue them for malpractice
their job is to calm people down, not rile them up and make shit worse. That's why so many go straight for the downers so you don't have enough energy to do it.
>>
>work at a restaurant with lady who's studying to be a therapist
>she's nicer and smarter than any therapist I've ever gone to
>try to talk to her about depression
>says she's not allowed to help me for legal reasons, "conflict of interest" or something

fuck this gay earth
>>
>>36877965
well, yeah, she was a shitty doctor, but I was literally 6. no one believes a 6 year old.
I was just put on meds because I wasn't challenged enough in school and had too much energy the school and my parents had no idea what to do with, so they pumped me full of meds and fucked up my brain and early development. I imagine a lot of kids in the late 90s and early 2000s had the same experience. Boys were just defective girls that needed to be drugged up on adderall and ritalin to shut them up
>>
>>36878051
More like
"I wanna kill myself."
"I am obligated to inform the relevant authorities."

You have to beat around the bush if you're suicidal, so therapy is only good for normies who feel discontented about a fluctuation in their social status.
>>
File: 149310850109.jpg (67KB, 630x748px) Image search: [Google]
149310850109.jpg
67KB, 630x748px
>>36878082
>if you kill yourself, you can sue them
>>
It depends on what your goals and problems are:

>You're lonely and have no real intimates
Therapy can take a lot of the edge off

>Your life is objectively shit for reasons unrelated to being lonely
Can't really do shit for you and can easily turn into haranguing over irrelevant imperfections

>You have shitty thought processes and habits
Maybe cognitive-behavioral helps you get some of the shit out of there if you're really willing to change, maybe you'll hit upon a dug that works for you, but don't get your hopes way up.
>>
>>36878051
if you say the words
>"I want to die"
or
>"I want to kill myself"
you get a free straight jacket and weekend trip to the loony bin with no say in it.
never say those words to a psychiatrist. If you need to confront those, you have to say you "used to" with the emphasis on that you don't right now.
>>
>>36877850

Not only did it not work for me, but doing what I was suggested against, what I felt was the best solution, turned out to be the only thing that actually helped so far. The only thing these incompetent kikes care about is making more money off you.
Also it seemed like the only thing the therapist got enthusiastic about during treatment was fucking garbage medications(which again, didn't do shit)

Fuck cbt, fuck talk therapy, fuck ssris
>>
>>36878165
if you kill yourself you parents can, but if they make fun of you and make your condition worse or force you to have suicidal thoughts you can sue them. You don't even need to kill yourself, just prove that they told you to do it and they're fucking ruined for life in that field
>>
>>36877850
no therapy is not a meme, it makes a lot of people a lot of money.

by the way, people like you who "need help" are like fucking dogs. maybe you're even capable of communicating with us, but your purpose is to support the rest of society. whether you are working or providing demand for meds/research, you're fulfilling your life's goals. fuck off with this attention whoring shit though.
>>
>>36878226
wow, I see the edgy redditor from /pol/ showed up
take a seat over there and be sure to keep bumping my thread
>>
>>36878226
>but your purpose

spot the moron
>>
>>36877850
Therapy only helps if talking helps. Talking doesn't help me, so therapy didn't help me. You might be different.
It also only works if you tell the truth to your therapist, they're not experts that can see through lies. If you're not willing or able to tell the truth, therapy can't help you.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.