[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Things boomers told you about jobs that are total lies

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6

File: 1494045829966s.jpg (8KB, 250x235px) Image search: [Google]
1494045829966s.jpg
8KB, 250x235px
> Dress well, take a stack of resumes, and go door to door
They'll either require some specialized trade, tell you to apply online, no jobs, or just screw off
> Start work as soon as soon as possible
Arriving too early for work just means you waste time waiting for your shift to start, if you try to cheat the system, be prepared to see your hours get cut

More can be added. Inspired after the Mike Rowe posts with his insufferable smug face
>>
File: 1493587436476.jpg (17KB, 640x712px)
1493587436476.jpg
17KB, 640x712px
>>36872734
>listening to boomers
>ever
>>
>>36872734
When I was a wagecuck I used to arrive 2-3 minutes early every day, as compared to some of my coworkers who would arrive 20 to 50 minutes late regularly. Then they fired me while the others kept their jobs, thats when it fully dawned on me that the system is rigged and all that edgy shit.
>>
>>36872830
>Then they fired me while the others kept their jobs

What? why? Also where did you work
>>
File: 1494210754353.jpg (85KB, 992x558px) Image search: [Google]
1494210754353.jpg
85KB, 992x558px
Poor worker bee, you got tricked into the rat race because your probably an impressionable young lad who can't think for himself, and listened to his wagie parents.

Now you're forever sucked into the never ending cycle of going to work for pay-dirt every two weeks, and sucking your bosses toes for a promotion. Am I right little wagie, do you suck your bosses toesies for some extra pay-dirt?

Luckily I never got sucked into the wagie trap and I started my own Youtube gaming channel, where I rake in 50k a year at least. And living with mum and dad allows me to save a fat $30,000 paycheck every year so I can continue the hobby driven, time abundant NEET life when i'm done with home-life (easylife).

Anyway, sry your life sucks and mine is great, good luck, worker bee!
>>
>>36872847
Grocery store. I was a shelf stocker. I was fired because I wasn't friendly enough with the customers. I have clinical depression and I couldn't force myself to plaster on a fake smile for them. I still tried to help them find whatever they needed, and I wasn't rude. but apparently it wasn't enough.
>>
File: 1478618471012.jpg (54KB, 633x758px)
1478618471012.jpg
54KB, 633x758px
>>36872734

>minimum wage jobs are easy, comfy, and fun
>>
>>36872734
>POUND THE PAVEMENT! KNOCK ON DOORS! CALL THE HIRING MANAGER! HUP HUP HUP! SHOW THEM YOU'RE SERIOUS EVEN THOUGH YOU'RE NOT
I fucking hate when they do this
>>
>>36872942
You were fired by idiots.
>>
>>36872830
>>36872847
Businesses are told my their corporate overlords to give only so many hours out. Ignoring the fact that you're often stiffed to give others more hours, here's how the scam works.

> You work 20 hours a week. Pay is irrelevant and you don't make much anyway.
> You clock in 2 minutes early before your 4 hour shift at 6pm.
> You work closing. Your shift ends at 10pm. You take about 10 minutes to clean up everything because customers come in before you shut down the kitchen and your bosses don't want you closing too early, or leaving the kitchen a mess.
> Paycheck turns out that you worked 16 hours that week
> Boss cuts your hours to 12 next week to prevent a repeat experience, and gives the others to other workers
> Still spend over time
> Boss whittles down your hours less and less each week until it's well under 10 or fires you
> Depends on how altruistic he is
>>
>get a job at the post office it pays $20/hr
what fucking min wage job pays 20 an hour FUCK OFF DAD
>>
>>36872734
>Dress well, take a stack of resumes, and go door to door

Depends on where you live, I did this and would have scored a job if I had bothered to check back with one of the shops.

>Start work as soon as soon as possible

Yeah, show up on time and get to work as soon as you get there.
>>
File: smugfuck.png (128KB, 611x672px) Image search: [Google]
smugfuck.png
128KB, 611x672px
>You have to get a job!
>>
>you need to work as a construction worker in order to be a good architect
>>
>>36874175
This has a bit of truth though. Being a construction worker gives you a much more realistic concept of what's acheaviable and how to budget a structure realistically, and how to plan it out so it all gets done in a solid time fraim. You don't /need/ to do It, but it definitely helps. Theirs just some stuff you can't learn in a classroom.
>>
>Just be yourself
I unironically would like to punch 10 normies for each letter in this statement everytime an asshole says this.
>>
>>36872932
You're not a NEET, you're self-employed, retard.
>>
Hard
work
pays
0ff
>>
File: 1426393971757.jpg (32KB, 653x490px)
1426393971757.jpg
32KB, 653x490px
>>36874433
>Just be yourself
This only works if you have a great personality, if normies find you weird and creepy (even if you aren't), you're boned
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.