[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How the hell do people have such good memories?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 6

File: 1494269408226s[1].jpg (7KB, 249x244px) Image search: [Google]
1494269408226s[1].jpg
7KB, 249x244px
Like they know the words to all their fave songs, they can quote lines from movies they watched like a decade ago, they remember picture-perfect renditions of their childhood memories, they can summarize a book they read effectively

like wtf, I can't do any of this shit
>>
>>36870782
>Like they know the words to all their fave songs, they can quote lines from movies they watched like a decade ago, they remember picture-perfect renditions of their childhood memories, they can summarize a book they read effectively

And 90% you go to the actual thing and found out they remembered it wrong
>>
File: 1481245736793.jpg (242KB, 495x600px) Image search: [Google]
1481245736793.jpg
242KB, 495x600px
iktf

could be reading something and the words will literally disappear 3 seconds after I've read them.
>>
I remember memes.
>>
File: 1493935932338.png (49KB, 230x300px) Image search: [Google]
1493935932338.png
49KB, 230x300px
I can't remember a thing from the past few months but I can clearly recall running through a park with a ball and my dad calling my name like 16 years ago
>>
Alzheimer syndrome
>>
File: prettygoodmemory.png (17KB, 876x564px) Image search: [Google]
prettygoodmemory.png
17KB, 876x564px
>>36870782
try this, I can usually get 50 or 40, I have a good working memory

http://www.humanbenchmark.com/tests/verbal-memory
>>
>>36870782
Set your standards low like low I mean im eating cheetos right now best time of the week
>>
My memory has been steadily declining. I carry around a pocket full of notecards so I can write stuff down that I need to remember.
I'm failing classes because I read something and then it's just gone.
Whole days are just gone, and larger lengths of time too.
I've been told that it's anxiety that does this. as a defense mechanism your brain deletes memories. Happy people get to keep all their memories. Unhappy people delete them unconsciously.
>>
>>36871156
This can't be real, I'm schizophrenic and forget most of what I did the day before and I'm better than 75% of people on this test? This is just one of those "feel good about results then pay me for more details" type of tests.
>>
>>36871156
my memory is terrible and i got this. maybe I'm more linguistically inclined than you? because i'm sometimes retarded level

67 Score
>>
File: human benchmark.png (22KB, 772x338px) Image search: [Google]
human benchmark.png
22KB, 772x338px
>>36871156
>>36871267
>>36871252
i'm calling you plebs because I have no real achievements in life
>>
>>36870782
its not that their memories are good and yours is bad. its that they have memories they want to remember. you dont.
>>
>living with untreated clinical depression has destroyed my memory

I literally can't remember what I had for breakfast.
>>
>>36871252
>feel good about the results
it's a memory game, it can't really be tampered with
>schizophrenic
Then maybe long term memory is being effected by your condition? There are multiple brain structures dedicated to memory, I wouldn't be surprised if schizophrenia messes with long term memory encoding
>>36871267
Hmm, well given that on average people can only remember up to 7 digits, I guess this really isn't the best "catch-all" test for all types of memory then
>>
File: getonmylevel.png (19KB, 865x489px) Image search: [Google]
getonmylevel.png
19KB, 865x489px
>>36871290
>182
HOLY FUCK, calling hacks
>347 reaction time
That's pretty weak anon, but I did do this test while having coffee
>>
>>36870782
It's weird, I remember that the video store by my house used to have a 5 movies for 5 days for 5$ deal going on, but I can't remember where I put my boxcutter at work 3 seconds after using it.
>>
>>36871221
>I've been told that it's anxiety that does this. as a defense mechanism your brain deletes memories. Happy people get to keep all their memories. Unhappy people delete them unconsciously.
>>36871316
>its not that their memories are good and yours is bad. its that they have memories they want to remember. you dont.

well fuck, time to go an hero, thx gais
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.