[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Get a trade they said

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

File: 1409272406527.jpg (38KB, 509x499px) Image search: [Google]
1409272406527.jpg
38KB, 509x499px
>welding is a great career for introverts
Have my structural certs and my AAS in welding. Time to get a job. Nobody replies to online applications and applying in person is incredibly difficult because you have to just walk in and ask to be given a job.

First few places I walked in to had signs out for hiring welders. Turned me down because the wanted 5+ yrs exp. Got the courage to go to a train yard company and they told me that they are under a hiring freeze right now.

Help me anons. That happened a year ago, I can't get over my anxiety to try and apply places again. I am starving and so poor I really need a job
>>
File: 1406681948986.jpg (118KB, 809x808px) Image search: [Google]
1406681948986.jpg
118KB, 809x808px
bump robots, I need help becoming a wagie
>>
If nobody is hiring you were you are then you have to move where the jobs are. Tradememe only works for normies who are really good at talking to people
>>
File: 1494217079228.jpg (19KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1494217079228.jpg
19KB, 400x400px
I was thinking about becoming an electrician. Would I be in the same boat?
>>
>>36865911
Bumping, I'm about to go to trade school is it a mistake?
>>
>>36865987
Plenty of jobs around DFW texas, although sometimes I hear that shipyards in Houston literally let you walk on without saying a word. They give weld tests by the dozens so you just show up at testing times and if hired go to assigned area
>>
There's many shitty welders, maybe weld it out in a shop on your free time. Maybe its time to move to the souther, to texas alabama n Jorja anaon.
>>
is there a welder's union or something you can join where they just send you contracts to do?
>>
>>36866175
That's not how unions work. They're not job placement programs.
>>
find an old neighbor around and become friends with him and ask if he can connect you
>>
>>36866013
Anything is a mistake if you don't have the skills to get a job. It's about social skills and proving your experience, not just pieces of paper.
>>
>>36866296
My neighbor across the street is a directional driller and he asked me in January if I was looking to be a hand on his rig. Turned it down because I thought I would be out there with nothing but chads
>>
>>36866484
Hate to break it to you, but most people in trades are usually Chads who didnt go to college
>>
>>36866484
you're a real piece of shit anon, go across the street and ask again, he gets it all the time, faggots like you decline so dont feel ashamed of asking hold up your head high and strong
>>
>>36866249
you're unemployed, what the fuck do you know about it?
>>
>>36865911
https://www.indeed.co.uk/Offshore-Welding-jobs
>>
>>36865911
What metropolitan area do you live in/near?
>>
>>36866249
Yes,
They are.
That is what the Union Hall is *for*.
>>
>>36865911
Huh.
I just called the local community college. I asked about getting a welding cert and an AAS in welding. Told them I was worried about finding a job after.
They said
>"We have had 100% placement of all welders from our program for the last 9 years."
>"What if I have no work experience?"
>"Doesn't matter. The only guy we didn't place failed a drug screen. Twice."
>>
>>36865998
I got hired on the spot, didn't even require an interview.

Then again, my boss is a family member.
>>
File: 1390858389279.png (3KB, 279x237px) Image search: [Google]
1390858389279.png
3KB, 279x237px
first day of new job, wish me luck anons
>>
>>36867268
>>"Doesn't matter. The only guy we didn't place failed a drug screen. Twice."
Why does that sounds like a challenge to me rather than reassuring? Am I that far gone?
>>
>>36867406
Where do you live? Roughly
I will help, and I mean it
>>
>>36867419
Fuck you dont talk to me
>>
>>36867440
Why not?
Afraid I'll get you a job?
>>
>>36865911
Search "entry level welding"
Indeed
>4245 job in entry level welding
SimplyHired
>5,375 job openings found
Monster
>more than 1,000 open positions found
>>
>>36866597
>this
My friend has to pay into it even when not working.
>>
>>36865998

No, there's always a demand for electricians. Experience isn't a huge factor for breaking into the industry. Get your certification and it shouldn't be too difficult for you to find work.
>>
>>36867478
I love working all the time.
Its when I am not that I am drinking out of boredom.
Maybe its time to hit the gym soon.
>>
>>36867559
I think he's too scared to try and get work, not that there isn't any
>>
I used to weld TiG at nuclear power stations. Back then I was ASME IX 6G, had a fucktonne of codings. It's awesome for introverts, everyone leaves you alone because they don't want their retinas fried and if anyone came into my bay and annoyed me I only had to plip my torch to make them fuck off.

Made a shitload of money and got emphysema so go do it anon but demand a respirator like this stupid cunt didn't.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.