[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Job Interviews

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 11

File: jobinterview1.jpg (406KB, 849x565px) Image search: [Google]
jobinterview1.jpg
406KB, 849x565px
What're your worst experiences
>>
>>36857209
still waking up in the morning.
>>
A phone interview which I didnt prepare for at all and I stumbled through my answers. She hung up mid sentence
>>
well one time i fucked up but they still hired me because they were desperate.

i quit one day on the spot and was crying because i was earning 1k a month and wasn't eating enough.

i think I'd eaten mostly rice and potatoes for a whole week.
>>
File: 1421765791492.jpg (90KB, 534x401px) Image search: [Google]
1421765791492.jpg
90KB, 534x401px
>go to interview for shitty call center sales job for some hotel chain
>turns out to be group interview with like 30 people there
>3 interviewers sitting at the front of a room behind desk
>ask everyone there about their education history 1 by 1
>I took some programming courses at a community college
>they instantly lose interest when I say this
>no follow up questions for me specifically after that
>some chatty chad former bartender appears to have got the job
>waste an hour of my time plus transportation

Jesus fuck can you state in advance it's a group interview so I know not to even bother

I literally shat on their hotel in retaliation one night
>>
Nothing too specific, but on more than one occasion, it's been obvious that the interview was just window dressing, and that another candidate had already got the job.
>>
>>36857209
Pretty sure I ruined my last interview by reeking of alcohol at the end. I drank a 3 shot orange screwdriver like 15 min before the interview.

It was better than any interview I had up to that point. Lasted 45 min. Was a basic bitch office job.
>>
File: 0jfGXDcu.jpg (55KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
0jfGXDcu.jpg
55KB, 640x640px
>got asked to describe myself with 3 words
>Could only think of 2
>>
I didn't get the job, despite there being only one other candidate and having a great reference from someone one of the interviewers basically had a mancrush on. I get the feeling that they really wanted said reference, and only gave me the interview because that reference said that he already had something else, but that I was perfect for the job.
>>
had a relevant education but had to do shit kicker work since I couldn't find a job, and the interviewer asked me if I thought it was realistic to jump from landscaping to programming
>>
first ever interview as a teen at walmart
bunch of questions read from a sheet, tell me about a time you x, time you y, etc

literally no answers, dressed like a retard and bad posture
>>
>>36857209
Thought it went great. Expected to get the job. Three weeks later they still wanted more people to apply. I didn't get the job.
>>
I made the interviewer lady cry when I applied for a factory job because after being interviewed, she had the guts to tell me they weren't hiring (even though she hired a family member right after me).
I confronted her and asked her why she's so stupid and why she bothered to interview me and waste my time.
She was a fat bitch so I don't feel bad about it at all.
My parents got mad at me and said she was joking and was testing me to see if I had a sense of humor.
>>
>>36857209
I didn't have that many in my life (20 or so), but worse thing I got was that they didn't called me back few times.

Not amerifat btw.
>>
File: 1479084080529.jpg (277KB, 556x480px) Image search: [Google]
1479084080529.jpg
277KB, 556x480px
>>36857209
For an internship 2 years ago; they asked me a question regarding activities i'd be working on and i completely blanked.
2 years later and no internship, still got a job though so w/e
>>
>>36857331
Same shit kind of happened to me, except it wasn't an interview
>get call midday
>"Hi... I'd like to speak to anon."
>Can tell her nice voice is being forced
>"Based on your prior interview we might be able to set up a second interview with our manager..."
>sounds like she's almost biting her tongue
>"Sure thing! When would you like me to come on down? I can be ready whenever you are!"
>I'm all smiles at this point
>"Sir, I can't hear you."
>There was no static, I hadn't hung up, and her acting was shitty
>"Hello? Hello? Sir, are you still there? Hello?"
>She mumbled this part
>"Guess he hung up..."
>Whole time I'm frantically trying to tell her that I'm still on the line
>She hangs up
I showed up at the store no long after and requested to speak to the manager regarding the phone call and job interview but I was told to apply online again. Supposedly I wasn't in the "records of the system."
They never called me back despite my constant pestering of them.
Fucked up thing is that I was more than qualified for the job and the other girls who were originally there for the first interview weren't, yet the managers took only a liking to the roastie whores who were there.
>>
File: 1494051388830.jpg (56KB, 348x469px) Image search: [Google]
1494051388830.jpg
56KB, 348x469px
I hate interviewing women. They are always so cold and bitchy.
>>
File: 1483714901178.jpg (17KB, 600x434px) Image search: [Google]
1483714901178.jpg
17KB, 600x434px
>>36857209
Showing up to McDonalds in a new suit. Other kids going for interviews were in tshirts. Fuck you dad I knew that was a bad idea. Didn't get the job either
>>
File: IMG_0185.jpg (51KB, 374x347px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0185.jpg
51KB, 374x347px
I have done many an awkward job interview. The ones where I was high on numerous drugs and usually lying about my resume and general past, but could usually coast by on my innocent looks and large vocabulary, were the best. Failed job interviews taught me that sperging out is actually endearing if you can reel it back in and act normal afterward. I got fired from a lot of jobs because I would quit going. One job, a second job as a prep cook, because you have to work 70+ hours if you're making minimum wage, just to make ends meet, I was drunk every day and began ordering Mexican food and when it got there I would just stop working and eat and drink until I got off. They told me after a couple times of this they were going to fire me, but I still got two weeks of no work pay out of it while they hired someone new. Another, as a delivery driver for Pizza Hut. I lost that job because I started leaving with the pizzas, not coming back until it was time to clock out. Another job I lost because I was drug tested, I caused a big ruckus about it and was yelling at the HR people and they banned me from the property. Another job I lost, I had a massive hangover from getting beaten up the night before and waking up in a random yard, also I was in women's clothing. I just didn't feel like going in so I got fired.

Luckily I've found a job I really like and have been here almost two years now with no signs of going back to doing drugs or even missing work. It's very important to find something you want and like to do. I sperged out during the interview for this job, I don't remember exactly what I said but they almost didn't hire me.
>>
File: 1493163523902.jpg (51KB, 554x597px) Image search: [Google]
1493163523902.jpg
51KB, 554x597px
>Go to job interview
>Its for a supervisory position at a professional sports team, I have ample past experience and a college degree so I meet all the criteria
>Come into interview expecting them wanting someone super professional, so I remain as calm, thoughtful and professional sounding as I possibly can.
>Woman interviewing me tells me on paper I'm perfect the job, but they want someone more 'bubbly' and 'energetic', says she thinks I'd be great but I need to sound more enthusiastic, asks if I can do a follow up interview with the Human Resources manager
>I say okay I can do that
>She goes to get the manager to do a follow up interview
>Tells me they'll be down in 15 minutes, asks me to wait in the lobby
>comply
>30 minutes later she comes out and apologizes, says the manager will be out in another half hour, thanks me for waiting
>wait another half hour
>She comes out again and says the manager is stuck in a meeting, going to be about 45 minutes, asks if I'm okay waiting that long or if they can call/email me to set up another time.
>Say either works, I can come back if they want to schedule another interview
>She says great and they'll follow up shortly
>two weeks go by
>Get an email thanking 'All applicants for their interest but the position has been filled, resume will be kept on file blah blah blah'

I would have been totally fine with not getting the job but they didn't need to dick me around so much. You'd think the HR department or whatever would be able to turn down people with tact.
>>
File: 149386295985002.jpg (90KB, 957x621px) Image search: [Google]
149386295985002.jpg
90KB, 957x621px
>ad on craigslist for a kind of decent min wage job
>check requirements, location, hours, perfectly qualified
>applied with resume and really good cover letter
>waiting for response, find out the ad was posted about a dozen times every couple of weeks for the past several months
>get called for interview
>this should be easy, I'm pretty much an immediate hire
>interview goes great
>tell me they'll call me back
>a month passed
>already gave up, but looking on cl again, they reposted another ad

JUST
>>
>>36857209
guys for someone who never worked before. what is the best first job. i went to 3 interviews and i did good but fucking never got any.
>>
>>36857331
Phone interviews are bullshit.
>Hello surprise this is X.
desu all interviews are shit sine they depend on factors unknown the the person being interviewed.
>>
>>36861556
I never worked there but I heard McDonaldsis a good first job.

They'll obviously hire some less scrutable people and apparently its considered good experience because they train you well.
>>
File: 1468497880569.png (12KB, 477x539px) Image search: [Google]
1468497880569.png
12KB, 477x539px
>>36861288
>I lost that job because I started leaving with the pizzas, not coming back until it was time to clock out.

I like you.
>>
>>36861125
Fuck you, your dad was right to send you in a suit.

Mgmt will be happy someone put the fucking effort in, but you obviously failed to impress in more important areas.
>>
>Get rejected by countless places
>Finally get a job
>Loved by everyone & promoted
>An agency sends me an email regarding far inferior jobs to what I'm doing
>Remember how when having an interview with them that the interviewer had no interest in being there.
Fuck you Randstad I hope you go into liquidation.
>>
>>36861556
the kind you get from someone you know.
sending out resumes will get you to interviews but very rarely a job.

also try ads posted by people on job sites (I usually search for something like "Me | My | I" exactly like that)
and ads where you can call or text someone.

look on classifieds sites or the local ones if you have any. it's objectively easier than applying to companies, and if you're rejected you know almost immediately so you don't waste 3 months wondering.

if you have literally no skills you'll only find shitty errands and scams in classifieds, so you'll have to apply to retail or fast food, but you'll be basically competing with your entire county. if you apply long enough you'll probably get one.
>>
>go to interview at supermarket my brother works at
>manager of department meets me and we sit in head managers office
>10 minutes go by
>never shows up
>"welp guess hes not coming"
>"thanks for coming"
>o-ok
>call back a few days later cause its literally killing me inside
>"oh the positions been filled"
>brother tells me there was never a position in the first place

>actually get a proper interview a couple months later
>still dont get hired
>brother tells me they want me for a third interview
>lol no

never been jerked around so badly before
>>
>>36860800

A joke is supposed to be at least a bit funny.

Your parents were cucks, you were right. I wish I had the guts to answer like you did.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.