[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw conversations with your family are not fulfilling

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

File: 934843460923423434.jpg (41KB, 451x533px) Image search: [Google]
934843460923423434.jpg
41KB, 451x533px
>tfw conversations with your family are not fulfilling
>>
>Work in a route in a mostly mexican area
>Most people there only talk Spanish
>Random mexican starts talking to me in English
>Out of habit, "sorry no Spanish"
>>
File: 1487204261654.jpg (47KB, 712x498px) Image search: [Google]
1487204261654.jpg
47KB, 712x498px
>outgoing and friendly at work
>cold and distant at home
>>
File: FB_IMG_1491491274606.jpg (20KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1491491274606.jpg
20KB, 480x360px
>you end up looking like an asshole
>your family dislikes you
>ding dong you pushed another one away
>you didnt even mean to
>>
File: 1445762626403.jpg (36KB, 300x360px) Image search: [Google]
1445762626403.jpg
36KB, 300x360px
>tfw you have failed so much and so hard
>your family won't talk to you anymore
>you can feel the tension
>too poor to leave.
>>
>>36855652
They just don't care about anything. Sometimes it seems like they are about to make a point beyond the banal or have an interest in something other than the same five or six normie subjects but they never do.
>>
File: 1491248033438.jpg (99KB, 491x500px) Image search: [Google]
1491248033438.jpg
99KB, 491x500px
>>36855688
>tfw family goes out every weekend together
>do fun activities such as going on tours, going to museums, fishing, camping, BBQing
>family waits until I leave for work or go to sleep before they head out for their funtivities
>parents started labeling food in the fridge with notes specifically telling me not to eat things
>stopped getting money from Dad 2 months ago, down to $86
>parents unplug router when they go to sleep and take it into room with them
>unable to look anyone in the eye anymore
>>
>>36855718
iktf bro it's so alienating to not know how to relate to my own family
why are they such apathetic normies though, other peoples families have interests and hobbies, mine pretty much just live to work and BS with each other
>>
>>36855989
>>family waits until I leave for work
>down to $86

How are you down to $86 if you are working? Why are they taking the router into their room?
>>
>tfw conversations with your gf are not fulfilling
>>
>>36856078
I live in a very fatalistic state. Everyone here seems to go by the motto "life sucks, and then you die". They don't seem to want to allow themselves to think there's anymore to it.
>>
>>36855635
Dude I feel exactly this. Why is it tho? I'm so fuckin curious I don't understand.
>>
>>36855576
Did you actually believe they could ever be?
>>
>>36856157
You aren't being paid to be friendly at home
>>
>>36856270
Sometimes I fool myself into thinking it. I believe what does it is they are willing to entertain a subject for a minute or two, but then they get bored or frustrated or distracted and go on to something else.
>>
>>36855576
I feel that bro. My family rarely talks about anything other than personal problems. I wish I was joking.
I understand that it is important to talk about those sorts of things and how to work through both your own and other people's problems, but can you just talk about something else? Something that doesn't remind me of the horrifying social landscape which is real life.
I actually have a good amount of hobbies (guitar, music, literature, history, urban exploration, some degree of art) and yet no one in my family will talk about anything else other than social and personal problems.
>>
>>36856902
My family's subjects

1. who is sick
2. who died
99. everything else

Literally 95% of conversations center around illnesses. Often of people they barely know. Or of people who have been sick for years with no change in their condition. They'll talk about my junkie uncle who has been a burn-out for 20 years and is now in a nursing home and what shame it is for an hour.

Other subjects include: such and such baby being taken care of by its junkie mom is so sad, or how they had a bad dream the other night.

The men don't talk for the most part. They might discuss a lawn mower that isn't running right every now and again.
>>
>mom sits on computer or watching tv all day
>"hey anon, let me fill you in on law and order"
>"hey anon, Im looking at this recipe on line, it says to incude 3 tomatos, not two!"
>"hey I have to go temple to clean dead bodies. Be back soon, and no I wont be stopping at the grocery store"
>"hey anon, check out this gif of abraham lincoln flipping off trump. isn't this so true?"

I dont want to be mean but everything she talks about is so boring
>>
Why do I have to pretend I care about these people anyway. I really don't.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.