[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Viability of college

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

I don't understand the mentality of people that say college will only grant them a crippling debt.

The one true certainty that I can see is that they'll never have a good job related to a degree. They effectively lock themselves out of a better pay check, etc by their own inaction.

I believe the only people that never get jobs from their line of work are people that go for degrees that need masters (they also never go back to school), and people that don't attain internships.

I believe it's worth it. You're best off doing it when you're a young person on top of this.

Even if you come from a poor background, you're still slated for something good if you take a risk on education.

I see way too many people using /r9k/ to affirm their choice to not attend school. It's a wise investment.
>>
The true hilarity is that people generally grab links from articles written by people that attended college to refute this.

Every article you see on the internet about how "it's way too much money!" is crafted by people that went to school.

I can't shake the feeling that a fool takes fears and doubts as fact.
>>
>>36850599
As an unemployed person with a B.S. in math who couldn't get an internship and apparently can't get a job I would say your recommend is a little Pollyanaish.
>>
>>36850680
that makes no sense. why does going to college mean you aren't allowed to criticize it? wouldn't you know better by actually experiencing it?
>>
>>36851205
They've gone through the system, and they've attained what they were after in the first place.
>>
>>36851037
maybe you should have studied something else mate
>>
>>36851037
>B.S. in math

You need a supporting degree to land a job with something like that.
>>
>>36851205
After they land their good job with their degree, they write an article in an attempt to dissuade others from starting and walking in their footsteps. They'll pay-off their debt in a couple of years, and they'll continue to write articles for various companies.

It's absurd to listen to these people.
>>
>realize people that got unemployed after school weren't smart enough to go in the first place

It seems scary, but each person that gets burned reveals a critical error in their thought process when you see they had no job in mind.
>>
>>36851037
A bachelors in math is probably not that great unless you're top notch.
All the industries that want high IQ math fags can pull them from top physics, math, and cs phd programs.
>>
I don't understand how and why college became a place for job preparation, and not dedicated to learning
>>
>>36852306
>Learning

You'll learn really fast when you're working at Mcdonald's and can barely afford to eat/killing yourself at a manual labor job.

Highschool was the place to "learn".
>>
>>36850599
This is why.
>>36851793
>>36851775
>>36852272
If you dont study the right thing at the right time and then move to the right location all while meeting the right people, you're fucked.
>>
>>36852423
I highly doubt this.
Networking isn't everything.
It's a lot, but it's not totality.

You needlessly over-complicate the act of education.
>>
could never go to college and study something I'm not interested in
>>
>>36851840
well working for some shitty tabloid is probably not their dream job, but still, just because you need to go to college to get into x profession doesn't mean college isn't still a ripoff which is a waste of time and money for certain people.
>>
File: 1494019007818.jpg (58KB, 840x544px) Image search: [Google]
1494019007818.jpg
58KB, 840x544px
>>36853047
I agree.
I'm just going to get an easy 13$ an hour job and have friends while I work it.

On top of this, I don't intend to get a girlfriend and have children, so it'll never come back to hurt me.

I can't believe people genuinely WANT to make loads of money. What's the point in it?
>>
>>36853166
God, I want to live that life so badly.
What kind of job do you think would be good?
>>
It depends on the mentality of the person. Most people on /r9k/ are devoid of hope and lack social skills. It would be a waste of money for these unmotivated young men to go to school to fail courses or to pass without making the right connections.
>>
>>36853197
I'd say night time security guard, but you're liable to get killed by niggers, and if you do get held at gun-point, you'll lose your job.

I think a warehouse job would be great though.

You get to work with a bunch of people, and you all have fun talking to one another.
>>
>>36853166
I never had interest in making loads of money either. I can buy everything I want now working par time at a retail store. I don't want a nice car. I'm going to inherit my parent's house. I'll get a full time job to get health insurance and be able to pay real bills, but I don't want to be a millionaire.
>>
>>36853047
I'm currently doing it, and I hate .y life. I've driven myself into so much debt to do something I hate. I just wanna die most days.
>>
>>36850599
only normies get accepted into internships
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.