[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's r9k reading currently?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 8

File: IMG_0842.jpg (41KB, 324x499px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0842.jpg
41KB, 324x499px
What's r9k reading currently?
>>
>>36845091
Nothing, because I'm a brainlet.
>>
>>36845091
Crippled America by Donald Trump.
>>
>>36845109
Yeah I used to fucking love reading. It was like my one escape.

Now, I can still read, but I might as well be barred out on Xanax or have amnesia because I literally don't remember anything I read. And I only read non fiction shit like OPs book, so what's the point of reading anymore if I can't remember what I learn. Fucking kill me.
>>
>>36845109
Read more and you might not be one day

>>36845142
Start taking adderall to make you more attentive while reading. Reading the words out loud has shown to help you remember. Also taking notes while reading helps a lot.
>>
American psycho, it is the first book I am reading in years.
>>
>>36845091
If you like political science you might like "our political nature", "predisposed" and less theoretical "the dictator's handbook".
I read this one with the above books but I'll be honest I'm not sure which one is right they are competing theories.

I prefer psychology, sociology, political science and all that with some biology backing it up.
>>
>>36845683
Oops. I didn't mean to suggest that the dictator's handbook is a competeting theory.
>>
anyone here have some recommendations on reading material tho?
haven't read anything in a while, and most things that I have available are just trash (or I'm too lazy and just watch the movie)
>>
File: IMG_2333.jpg (177KB, 1298x2380px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2333.jpg
177KB, 1298x2380px
Just finished the first book and started the second
>>
>>36845091
Your post you fucking idiot
>>
>>36845833
Kek'd good lmao
>>
the expanse books. just finished the second book last night. starting third tonight

the tv show is going to get pretty crazy next season
>>
>>36845091

What does it say? Disagreement on how to accomplish some end seems inherent in everything.
>>
>>36845683
I'm pretty interested in poli sci but I just read 3 Sowell books back to back so I'm taking a break. The dictators handbook has been on my list though. My back log is just already long so I'm trying to hold off on buying more at the moment.

I've been reading a couple different areas of psychology lately to prime me for more difficult neuroscience books. I just got done with The Persuaders by James Garvey before I started The Righteous Mind.
>>
>>36845786
Depends on you're interest robro.
>>
>>36846014
It's reinforcing that. It states that most people's political views are based on a team mentality and debates and such usually don't work to change people's minds because most political views are intuition and emotion based. So most people aren't open to others even reason based arguments because were less apt to receive conflicting views when we're already in combat mode.

A big theme of the book is that our reasoning is in large part a servant to our emotions.

To actually address your point though he says early on in the book that people need to have arguments and more people need to include diversity of thought into more things to get a more level headed reasoning.
>>
File: IMG_0626.jpg (17KB, 263x249px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0626.jpg
17KB, 263x249px
A collection of Browning's poetry, Adventures in the Alaskan Skin Trade by John Hawkes, ((((((Philip ((((((Roth's)))))))))))) The Plot Against America, and a collection of Russian Futurist manifestos.
>>
File: 71LrI8IW38L.jpg (182KB, 834x1296px) Image search: [Google]
71LrI8IW38L.jpg
182KB, 834x1296px
Page 2 into the intro.
>>
File: 50popularbeliefs.jpg (30KB, 336x499px) Image search: [Google]
50popularbeliefs.jpg
30KB, 336x499px
I'm reading "50 popular beliefs that people think are true" and I'm planning to read "White Trash: The 400 Years of Untold Class in America" after I finished my previous book.
>>
File: 2509188945_45da8f343f_o.jpg (90KB, 644x914px) Image search: [Google]
2509188945_45da8f343f_o.jpg
90KB, 644x914px
Good Book, almost at the end
>>
File: download (6).jpg (12KB, 219x346px) Image search: [Google]
download (6).jpg
12KB, 219x346px
300~ pages in decent stuff but it's been so long since I've read takes a while to get back into it. Doesn't help that I always reread each paragraph several times
>>
>>36846291
How up to date is it? I'm always reluctant to read all too old books because science moves so fast.
And if something is still solid you'll easily find it in textbooks or even on wikipedia.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>36847427
Get on my level pleb

Originolio
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.