[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

natural hair vs weave

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 6

File: IMG_3860.png (1MB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3860.png
1MB, 640x960px
Okay I'm a black girl trying to transform how I look this summer (work on my makeup and build muscle/my butt) and I'm trying to figure out whether I should stick to natural hair or weave. I get more attention when I wear weave. Like a lot more. I'm taking a break from weave this summer but I feel like guys don't like fake hair and it's high maintenance.

Anyway which is better on black girls lol
>>
>>36838268
Gonna need to see some more examples. I don't like the way her natural hair looks, but it would probably look good if was shaped into a proper afro and didn't look like a bush someone took a hedgetrimmer to while drunk.
>>
>>36838268
Natural. Don't conform to white standards of beauty.
Also weaves are expensive and lump you in with the ghetto crowd.
>>
>>36838268
Stick to original hair. Why are black females so insecure about their blackness? Stop trying to look white. You are not white.
>>
File: IMG_3861.jpg (83KB, 644x635px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3861.jpg
83KB, 644x635px
>>36838295
Sorry. I mean, I would be wearing my hair like this
1/?
>>
File: IMG_3864.jpg (78KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3864.jpg
78KB, 640x640px
>>36838315
I can't get around the original filter thing ugh
2/?
>>
>>36838315
That looks stupid AND ugly.
>>
File: IMG_3863.jpg (57KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3863.jpg
57KB, 600x600px
>>36838353
Final picture bc I'm lazy
3/3
>>36838357
Okay so I should stick to weave then lol
>>
Anything curly on girls is usually pretty ugly

But that's just my opinion
>>
I like it like this.
>>
File: IMG_20170416_200220.jpg (126KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170416_200220.jpg
126KB, 960x1280px
>>36838370
I like this one, but why are you asking r9k?
>>
>>36838370
Do black women feel sad when they discover that a lot of men find natural black hair less attractive that straight hair?
>>
>>36838315
>>36838353
>>36838370
>>36838414
Those all look cute. I say go for it.
>>
>>36838425
not only that but even at their workplace they're told natural hair is "unprofessional"
>>
>>36838425
I'm not sad. I wear weave because it's easier to manage.
>>36838414
That's her natural curl pattern. Mine isn't like that lol
>>36838421
I wanted white opinions because I'm going for a look that will be accepted by a wide range of guys.
>>
>>36838441
A million times this
I'm male, mixed race, and have long hair.
Literally my only option for wearing my hair is manbun, because everything else is "unprofessional". When my hair wasn't long enough for that, and I wore it in an afro, I was literally told by my manager that I had zero chance at a promotion until I cut my hair. I'm not cutting my hair for some fucking dumbass nearly-minimum-wage job.
>>
>>36838463
>That's her natural curl pattern. Mine isn't like that lol
Oh I see
I don't know how it works so
>>
>>36838441
>>36838472

That's really rough that you have to change your hair to imitate a different race just to fit in. Really makes you think that we would be better of living seperately.
>>
>>36838495
>Really makes you think that we would be better of living seperately.
Really? Because it makes me think we'd be better off if natural African hair saw more exposure in popular culture outside of rappers and criminals.
>>
>>36838268
I like afro on black girls, or braids. Go with whatever you're happy with. Unless you royally fuckup your hairstyle, I doubt any guy will disregard you just over that alone.
>>
>>36838268
Please natural hair, afros are hot as fuck but every black girl I've seen would rather tie in fake white hair or that weave shit
>>
>>36838539
>I doubt any guy will disregard you just over that alone.
Some probably will, but fuck 'em. Why would you want someone who won't accept you for you.
>>
>>36838526
Why force it onto people who have nothing to do with it though?
It would be much easier if we all lived seperately and didn't have to deal with that.
>>
Part of me is always a little bummed when a girl has a weave. Like I would like her to be happy with her real hair, but if it makes her feel like she looks good I can deal... not that a black girl would date me but that is my opinion.
>>
>>36838463
definately curls above weave.
how about locks?
>>
Weaves are utterly disgusting, stop trying to be white
>>
>>36838561
So you think that forcing 12.3% of the US population-- over 43 million people-- to relocate from all over the country to somewhere-- either within the country or to other countries-- and leave their lives behind, is better than having to see black people hair on TV. Yeah, sure, that's reasonable.
>>
>>36838582
I hate dreads.
I'm going to work with my natural hair for now, but like I said, I get way more attention with weave which sucks
>>
your natural hair has so much potential, dont use weaves, it looks like you arent comfortable with who you are
>>
>>36838268
Personally I prefer girls don't wear anything fake, I'd rather the natural hair over the weave becaus it's at least real
>>
>>36838637
I am not talking about forcing people to move anywhere but wouldn't non white people feel better not having to conform to white culture or to force aspects of black culture forced upon whites to accept those? What if they will never accept it after all the hard work?
>>
>>36838651
then maybe its attention from the wrong crowd of people.
would you like to date a guy that wouldnt accept your natural hair but rather wants you to artificially "enhance" it?
>>
>>36838828
>I am not talking about forcing people to move anywhere but wouldn't non white people feel better not having to conform to white culture or to force aspects of black culture forced upon whites to accept those?
Maybe so, but there's no way to separate 'white culture' and 'black culture' just as there's no reasonable or ethical way to separate white people and black people. You simply can't turn back time and send them all back Africa: our peoples are intertwined whether you like it or not, and no matter how difficult and begrudging a union that might be.

>What if they will never accept it after all the hard work?
The history of race relations in America, at least in the past 80 years, is one of gradual acceptance and progress.
>>
>>36838944
No, this is simply not true and the biggest argument for this is that churches are still very much segregated which tells you that when it comes to personal and spiritual matters, people of different races prefer to stick with their own kind.
Race relations in america were just a slippery slope until now when they can openly tell whites that it's good that you will be a minority because of all the aweful things you did.
I don't understand why the argument has to immediately go down to logistics?
>what you want to put blacks on trains to poland
I would be okay with paying blacks to go back to africa just like with mexicans who are american citizens to go back to mexico.
>>
>>36839084
So Europeans go back to Europe too? So finally the red man can have his home back
>>
>>36839084
>churches are still very much segregated
Yeah, black people still have their own identity, but that doesn't mean they're not an inextricable part of the culture as a whole.

>>36839084
>I would be okay with paying blacks to go back to africa just like with mexicans who are american citizens to go back to mexico.
News flash: Africa is a content, not a country. None of them even know what country they came from, whereas the Mexicans and Central Americans have only been here for a generation or two and can easily reintegrate into their home countries and cultures. An African American has no more in common with Africans than you do. There would be a far greater divide between them and whatever country they moved to than exists here.
>>
>>36839153
continent*
Eh, you know what I mean.
>>
>>36839122
No, because America was conquered by whites and just like South Africa they build their own country based on their own ideology.
>>
>>36839184
So might makes right? If, instead of being brought over as slaves, Africans had come and taken over a part of the US you'd be arguing it was theirs to do with as they see fit?
>>
>>36839264
I wouldn't argue for somebody else anyway. But yes, they would have a far bigger claim to it
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.