[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I can't make meaningful relationships with friends.

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1478944630639.jpg (27KB, 374x395px) Image search: [Google]
1478944630639.jpg
27KB, 374x395px
I have friends, many actually, but I can't connect to anyone, I don't know how to socialize. I may be friends and talk normally to him, but eventually, like everyone else, I don't know what to say. I also can't properly interact with him through social media. There's like 2 people I can just talk to without them looking annoyed or bored and even then I just sperg out on them. But apparently people get a passing enjoyment from my company. Just yesterday, during a party, this friend of mine was going outside to smoke and wanted company so he asked me and this other guy to come. He could have gone only with him, since they know eachother better but he invited both of us. I honest don't know what I do wrong, but I really want to fix this. I seem so close but also so far away.
>>
Same here.. had a big group of friends in highschool but I always felt like the third wheel and that everyone else enjoyed each others company more. I cut contact completely a few years into college. After that I heard through thrid parties that they were asking for me, that they missed me etc... which is strange because I never felt like they cared if I was there or not.

OP if you can find a way to fix this: do it or look for help. I'm currently left with no friends at all. I mean I've always been very introverted so it doesn't bother me as much but does get lonely at times. Not to mention the social stigma that comes with having little to no friends... doesnt really help with the girls either.
>>
>>36836758
This sounds exactly like me.

Wish I would have kept in contact with them
>>
>>36836758
They show concern towards my mental state, my insecurities, my obsessive behavior, they share memes with me and interact with me, but I always feel like I'm an extra.
>>36836809
I want to keep contact too, I love them, but I'm going to college and I'm only gonna have 2 friends there at best, which is horrible because I can't socialize alone and those guys don't hang out with me a lot.
>>
>develop actual close friendships with people
>they get a fucking gf and I never hear from them again

Every fucking time. Now I'm stuck hanging out with people I don't even relate to. Iktf
>>
>32
>No close friendships
>Barely any superficial friends left

It's too late for me.
>>
>>36837216
That's honestly my biggest fear
>>
been a loner most of my life, my last friend i had was when i was 14 past that i never really bothered with friendships and online i can barely keep them its pretty pointless i act kind anyway
>>
i think it's because you don't actually have common interests with them anymore or their interests are changing or yours are in the process of changing.

this happened with my friends. at first we all liked the same type of music and liked the sames things in general.
then as we got older, they started listening to more and more rap, being more and more concerned with drugs and money and women.

it felt like my friends started to value superficial shit more than they valued actual friendships. i just stopped talking to them one day.
i can't help what they're interested in, i can only move on and find people who share my interests.
it's sad, but time and nostalgia isn't enough to keep me friends with them, what i mean is, knowing them for 8 years and having the school history isn't enough to keep them my friend and i have to actually like them still.
>>
>>36837332
I can't even properly make friends, the problem is in me.
>>
>>36837240
Yeah. It's not great. I like solitude so it doesn't really worry me but as that guy earlier said it does get lonely and the social stigma of not having friends sucks.

I'd like close and meaningful friendships with people I have things in common with but realistically it's just not gonna happen at this age. People are suspicious of people that don't have friends and people my age generally have their own circles or are in a relationship and do things with other couples or parents whose kids are friends.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.