[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

the simulation hypothesis

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADHp_mz4vI4

really makes you think..........

But seriously, does anyone else think about the simulation argument and the simulation hypothesis a lot?

It wouldn't even need to be a very good simulation, just a close enough approximation to convince its inhabitants that it's real. It could have fucking PS1 graphics compared to the real world, and the people inside wouldn't know the difference.

If earth simulations are possible, and assuming the makers of them would run more than one of them (which we would, if we made them), then the probability that you're in one of the many simulated worlds would be greater than you being in the one real world.

With all the advances in AI and computers happening lately, I don't think ideas like these are entirely farfetched. I could picture us creating simulations one day, which is why I think we may be in one already

What do you guys think?
>>
>>36836402
It's utterly ridiculous and inconsequential, as it is unprovable.

And obviously things are gonna look like a simulation, what do you think physics actually is?
>>
File: consciousness.jpg (40KB, 652x366px) Image search: [Google]
consciousness.jpg
40KB, 652x366px
IMO I doubt a machine would be able to replicate consciousness like spontaneously-occurring organs can, and if it could what are the chances our consciousnesses are machine-generated?

then again that could just be my dumb ass simulation brain talking and I really don't know what the fuck is going on

Either way does it really matter? It is not only unprofitable, but our experiences are valid regardless and therefor it is irrelevant
>>
As possible as anything else.

The real thing is if it matters or not, like how people don't usually seriously think how the creation of the universe affects them. Relatively speaking if we are in a simulation it wouldn't change anything.
>>
>>36836632
physics is a model of objects
not saying you're wrong but that's not an argument
>>
>>36837290
It is an argument, if you do consider that this simulation garbage in its current form originated with physicists, based on the model of the real world they have constructed.
They forgot that they were doing is constructing a model.

This whole "oh the world isn't actually real" spiel is well over 2000 years old and nobody gives a shit, because it is of no consequence
>>
File: 1492982127931.jpg (80KB, 560x560px) Image search: [Google]
1492982127931.jpg
80KB, 560x560px
>>36837362
I didn't understand what I read at first and now I realize I don't even disagree with you, withdrawn.
I shouldn't drink any more... or any less AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
As you were.
>>
Who cares?
I just want to die.
>>
The one argument that I like about this hypothesis is that our universe seems to have some sort of finite resolution in the form of uncertainty relation.
Other than that it is just as meaningless as any religious mythology.
>>
Did they choose two non white characters for this to make the simulation argument more plausible?
>>
But then, who created the creators?
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.