[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>retail employer requires me to greet EVERY FUCKING CUSTOMER

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: luckychannelu.png (192KB, 473x488px) Image search: [Google]
luckychannelu.png
192KB, 473x488px
>retail employer requires me to greet EVERY FUCKING CUSTOMER who walks into the store EVEN IF I'M IN THE MIDDLE OF HELPING ANOTHER CUSTOMER AT THE CASH REGISTER

Seriously, fuck these people who come up with these bullshit policies. I'm sure the customer who I'm ringing up appreciates me yelling in their face loud enough for the customer at the front door to hear me. And I'm sure the customer who just walked in appreciates my forced greeting.

If you're too fucking frugal that you can't just hire a fucking greeter so that cashier doesn't have to be shouting "HELLO!" at every person that comes into the door, then don't expect the fucking cashier to greet everyone.
>>
What are some tips to greeting customers and calling someone from line to take an order?
>>
File: 1376323600395.jpg (10KB, 161x200px) Image search: [Google]
1376323600395.jpg
10KB, 161x200px
>cashier greets me
>my face because I have Aspergers
>they think I'm being rude for not smiling back and making eye contact
>>
>>36834734

Do you guys realize that if your job sucks you can find another one?
>>
>>36834770

If you're a robot you usually didn't have the confidence or support to pursue a higher education or learn some useful skill. As a robot you have to be grateful for whatever job you can get, especially if it's a job that's close to where you live.
>>
>>36834791

I don't mean skilled labor, I mean just bouncing around from retail job to retail job until you find one that is comfy.
>>
>>36834832

>letting employers know you're a quitter

A lot of managers/human resources aren't too keen on people with no social skills. If a robot finds someone nice enough to allow them to work despite not doing well in an interview or having an impressive application/resume, then he has to be grateful.
>>
>>36834832
Yeah cause that'll look good on a resume. Either that or have unexplained gaps.
>>
>>36834904

>resume

You're working unskilled labor.
No one gives a fuck about your "resume." And if they do just lie.
>>
I'm guessing you work at CVS?
>>
lmao same problem. my place they made a policy where we have to either upsell or ask them if they want something else - no matter what. Something specific.

So now everytime I ring up someone who buys a bag of chips I gotta ask "Do you want ice with these" while they look at me confused af.
>>
>>36834734
Just don't do it then. Until the manager chews you out (and they wouldn't) you're fine.
>>
>>36835127
At where I work we get "secret shoppers" all the time. if you don't greet, you get reported to corporate. Corporate then suspends, and will eventually fire.
>>
>>36834734
They do this at Papa Murphy's pizza. Every single employee yells "welcome to Papa Murphy's" when you walk in. Its extremely unsettling to have 5 or so people do that all at once.

I also hate how they want my name at Taco Bell. I just want some fucking tacos not some fake friendship with the store.
>>
>>36834734
I feel bad for the wagies who have to do this on the odd occasion that I walk into World Market. Honestly makes me want to go in there a little bit less.
>>
>>36835177
Where the fuck is this, and why does it sound super shitty?
>>
>>36834734

i feel like the better thing would just be to leave people coming in ungreeted

but the people in human office have to justify their jobs somehow
>>
>>36834759
I used to know this feel before I started working retail. The cashier doesn't actually give a shit whether or not you smile back 'less they mirin'
>>
I've noticed Walgreens employees have been forced to start doing this. I fucking hate it, it's cringey and fake as fuck.
>>
>>36835066
Yeah that happened with me when I worked at Chevron ExtraMile. Didn't like that policy. They also committed some CA labor law violations so I got over $1000 a few months after quitting as part of a settlement though, so that was nice.
>>
>>36835193
Yeah they got bought out by Bed Bath and Beyond during the recession so I wonder if they ordered Cost Plus to change it to that.

What do you usually get at Cost Plus, anon?
>>
File: 1484729016357.gif (494KB, 646x466px) Image search: [Google]
1484729016357.gif
494KB, 646x466px
Just smile and use whatever canned line they give you. Be a good little corporate sheep. If you act like you're happy and pleasant, eventually you just trick yourself into believing your own lies. Eventually it all comes crashing down in a tidal wave of existential crises involving your identity, but at least you can say you genuinely felt happy about something.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.