[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

We don't tell our fathers we love them.

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

File: 1434936834395.jpg (68KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
1434936834395.jpg
68KB, 633x758px
We don't ever hug them like we do our mothers,
We never greet them the same way,
We avoid eye contact,
We don't communicate efficiently.
They are withering away, unappreciated.

The life of a father is stoic, isn't it anon?
>>
>>36833318
I don't think your method of interacting with your father is exactly normal. I hug both my parents when I see them and when I leave. And I've had way more slightly tipsy heart-to-hearts with my dad than my mom.
>>
My father is a dead beat who never wanted me, and he constantly belittled and mocked me, then ditched when I was 8 and never paid child support or called me.

So fuck him and his feelings
>>
>>36833459
It's pretty normal for fathers to not be that close with their kid in that kind of way. In fact I'd say it's better for development. If you have two mothers smothering you all the time you probably don't pick up very many life skills to do your own shit.
>>
>>36833459
I live at home and I just can't connect with him after he comes back from the workday. Not as much as I'd like, not like with my mother. Maybe it will be different later on in life when I move out. But let's be real, we all treat our fathers differently for the most part, a smidge more distant?
>>
>>36833491
And people ask me why I don't want kids. I'm not gonna be part of this bullshit. If you're gonna have a kid you better be prepared to give up the rest of your life for it, not throw it in the dumpster when you get bored.
>>
>>36833318
But I don't do any of those with my mother.
>>
>>36833547
Having affectionate greetings and sitting down to talk and communicate isn't really smothering, though?

>>36833588
I only have my own experience to go on, but I feel I'm much close to my dad than my mom.
>>
I love both my parents to death. I hate to be so selfish but I want them to bury me. I wouldn't be able to handle my parents dying. I seriously wouldn't. They're apart of me. I rely on them not just for financial support but emotional support. They've always been there for me.
>>
>>36833318
My father doesn't like me so I tell daddy I love him instead.
>>
>>36833682
But do you tell your father you love him casually? Isn't it something you drop on special occasions?
>>
>>36833714
Whenever I see him have a hard time, which is a lot because of my siblings and his shitty job, I tell him I love him and hug him. It makes him happy, and although I don't necessarily feel comfortable having any physical contact, it's worth it if it makes him happy.
>>
>dad kicked me out first month of living with him
>had to find a job at 18 that would support me and living arrangements
>was abusive when he still lived with me and my mom
>knew that by kicking me out he'd be setting my back a year and I'd be unable to go to college
>all around would terrorize me as a kid
>Don't even see him unless it's for parties or other events
>Gave him a card and chocolate and went to his stupid party
>Didn't even really talk to him besides saying hi
>Mostly was with brother
>Got a card in the mail today
>It was him saying thank you for coming,stay in school, and I know we don't talk anymore etc
>Don't know if I should call him and be genuine or just call and say thanks for the card just to show appreciation for the "thought"
It always feels like a trap
>>
>>36833318
>tfw single father
>Get all or daughter's affection
It's cool being appreciated
>>
>>36833318
I like to jack to traps and stick things in my peehole AMA
908i
>>
>>36833747
I have this hesitation that happens whenever I think about telling my father I log him. I am usually the one reciprocating his own remarks, never in my post child life have zi been the one to tell him that first. It is just silently understood, some type of machismo of whatever the fuck.
>>
>>36833762
Be real with him, write it down if you have to. Tell him your whole mind, he'll pay attention. You don't have to do anything else. Addressing your wrongs is how you will solve past usurpations.
>>
File: 1445823640412.png (443KB, 595x851px) Image search: [Google]
1445823640412.png
443KB, 595x851px
My dad got terminal cancer, and because of that, I was afraid to reach out to him. We were never close, and I felt if I suddenly started trying it'd seem fake.

But then I ended up waiting too long and he became pretty much a vegetable until he died. Crazy how when you actually want to do something after so long of nothing, life punches you in the balls.
>>
i only see him like every 2-3 months and its usually only cause he wants something from us
>>
>>36833871
I'm fairly certain my dad has assburgers so communication is with him is a very hard thing especially trying to convey how I feel since he has a hard time understanding empathy. The thought of talking to my dad about feelings just seems scary.
>>36834187
damn that's harsh do you care that he's gone or was the relationship so out of reach that it didn't matter? how are you holding up anon?
>>
>>36834187
Man this makes me want to puke tbqh. Just know he loved you, anon.
>>
>>36833318
It wasn't always that way; here's an example from the 1950's:
https://archive.org/details/0381_Appreciating_Our_Parents_E00013_12_00_55_20
>>
>>36834187
man my dad's health is shit and all, and we have a never say how we feel kind of relationship

last time i remember saying i love him was like when i was 14
>>
>>36833318
Me and my dad exchange i love yous every night before he goes to bed
>>
That nigga dead and I didnt ever give a fuck
His brother died today too of like six different cancers. He was a cop and liked to go beat niggers and also his own wife so good riddance
>>
>>36834314
Asspie here. I think I got it from my dad. The best tip for this kind of situation is just to be real with him.
>>
>>36834669
how would you go about it anon how do you even start that off we live an hour away from each other and I think the last time I was with my dad for more than an hour was like 3 years ago we don't call or anything I'd really like to have a relationship with my dad but I don't know how you're even supposed to go about that
>>
File: 1430199062052.jpg (28KB, 246x216px) Image search: [Google]
1430199062052.jpg
28KB, 246x216px
>>36833318

I don't tell my dad I love him enough but only because he's so old (he was 53 when he had me) there was always this disconnect between us due to sheer age.

Maybe I'll tell him today, he's always been very loving and supportive in any case.
>>
>>36833318
It's because I don't like him. Also he's kind of a dick.
>>
>>36833318
Its comfy. Your expected to be Sturn and unphased. You don't have to fake emotions, you just have to be the strong unchanging anchor of the family.
>>
>>36833459
No wonder you ended up gay
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.