[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>he fell for the double edge meme

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

File: Standard-safety-razor.jpg (91KB, 2000x1361px) Image search: [Google]
Standard-safety-razor.jpg
91KB, 2000x1361px
>he fell for the double edge meme
>>
double edge razors are a meme? plz explain OP
>>
File: 1491774531157.jpg (35KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
1491774531157.jpg
35KB, 450x450px
>>36827677
I bought a hundred blades for $10 on amazon-

that shit helped with acne because I wasn't trying to force a gillette blade to last a month.

new blade every time. feels good.
>>
>>36827830
you know they have disposable razors right?
>>
>>36827677
How efficient are electric shavers? Trimmers?

I have heard that newer shavers are more efficient and less aggressive for sensitive skin like mine. I am constantly frustrated by my shaving. I have to make multiple passes for clear, smooth skin. Patches are left here and there, so I have to be vigilant, or I will look stupid.

I use shaving oil, nice DE razor blades/razor, shaving cream and high quality after-shave, et cetera. Yet, I still end up having to shave against the grain of my hairs, and even then, it still isn't 'BBS'. I'll even get razor burn.

Hair maintenance is one of the most troublesome parts of cosmetic appearance upkeep.

Maybe it's in my shaving cream? I just use some Nivea brand gel-to-foam stuff.

I'm also interested in head-hair maintenance, but don't know where to start in cutting/maintaining my own hair. Don't know what materials to use.

>>36827830
You never use the same blade twice? I know you can re-use blades up to a limit, so long as you clean them.
>>
>>36827889
You use a new blade each time because of micro burrs caused by the callous hair in your face and how this the blades edges are

The blade is never as sharp as the first time you use them plus you have a higher chance of getting razor burn if you use the same blade multiple times
>>
>>36827889
Not him but 100 double edged razers for 10$. That's 200 shaves right there. Over half a year of shaves for $10. Why bother re using them
>>
>>36827889
i used electric shavers for about a month and ill never do that again. fucking face felt like it was on fire for hours after i shaved. fuck that.
>>
File: 1354937713317.png (208KB, 500x382px) Image search: [Google]
1354937713317.png
208KB, 500x382px
>>36827677
I did like 5 years ago and I'm glad I did. I never pay more than $5 for razors now and they're even cheaper online. I've never had to change the main part of my razor (handle) like I'd have to do with the plastic ones when they break or get gunked up. Cleaning them is easy too, I just soak in hot water with dish soap every couple of months to get rid of soap/hard water residue and then brush it off and put in a few dabs of mineral oil if it squeaks.

I get as good of a shave as I did before but pay something like 1/4th of the price or less. Good-meme/10, would meme again.
>>
>>36828022
I will keep this in mind for the future. Thank you.

>>36828023
I use both edges when I shave, so it's still just 100 shaves. How should I remember which side I didn't use? Mark the one I did? What about grime/water

>>36828083
That's what I expected. I have sensitive skin, so I don't feel confident about using electric shavers. I am interested in trimmers, though. I wonder if they would harm me too.

>>36828221
How do you use the mineral oil, exactly?
>>
double edge is one the best buying decisions I have ever made. It's so cheap. How does it feel to be cucked by Gillette

I'm happy that I fell to that meme
>>
>>36828292
>How should I remember which side I didn't use?
you should notice that especially with your """"sensitive"""" skin
>>
>>36828292
I put some on a q-tip and then dab it onto the central bit that leads into the handle and opens the butterfly hinge at the top. Then you open and close the razor a few times while holding it upright so the oil gets worked into the handle. It washes out the last of the residue and keeps it lubricated so it doesn't stick.
>>
>>36827889

I used to use double edge. My face was as soft as the back of my hand. Then I switched to an electric razor. My face feels like sandpaper now, but I was sick and tired of spending 12 minutes every morning shaving (I have to shave everyday, military). As soon as I become a civilian again I will grow a ridiculous beard.
>>
>>36828310
works for some i guess but its just awful for me

i cant get any of the angles right on my neck and the DE just gives me razor bumps and cuts. i've read all i can and i can't seem to find anything i'm doing wrong. its fine on my face but it just tears up my neck.
>>
>>36828336
Notice by using it? That doesn't seem like a good move to me. Though, my primary worry would be the inevitable gunk and water that get stuck on it (even from the other side), which would surely mess with the shave next time.

>>36828373
>Butterfly

Ah, I have a different type of razor. I've got this: https://www.amazon.com/Jack-Black-Double-Safety-Razor/dp/B00F5CJOB4

>>36828474
>Military
Your predicament warrants an electric shave, so I think that's perfectly acceptable. I can sympathize with the "12-minutes" issue, though.
>>
>>36828525
Oh, how do you open it to change the razor then? On mine you twist the bottom of the handle and the top folds open, I figured all or most razors opened that way.
>>
>>36828557
Mine is 3 parts + the DE razor.

Top cap has a screw-type bottom. The razor blade is sandwiched between this and the bottom receiving cap, which is placed on top of the razor handle. Twisting tightens it all together, and the reverse to loosen and change the razor.

Visual:
-------
/____\ TOP CAP
BLADE
\____/ BOTTOM CAP
[.....]
[.....]
[.....] HANDLE
[.....]
[___]
>>
File: 1480054092045.jpg (58KB, 720x405px) Image search: [Google]
1480054092045.jpg
58KB, 720x405px
>>36829026
Interesting, I've never seen that before. I hope it works out well for you!
>>
File: 1472413830746.png (9KB, 393x297px) Image search: [Google]
1472413830746.png
9KB, 393x297px
>>36829127
I hope so too. Thank you for your well-wishes.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.