[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>jobs that sound like paradise

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 213
Thread images: 19

File: image.jpg (82KB, 512x734px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
82KB, 512x734px
>jobs that sound like paradise
>>
File: 1487638902198s.jpg (7KB, 250x226px) Image search: [Google]
1487638902198s.jpg
7KB, 250x226px
>>36824033
>job
>paradise

wagie, wagie, wagie... how many times must we go over this?
>>
>>36824033
Data Entry and programming in general is a great job for anyone who doesn't line socializing, my work is pretty much as described in that picture.

>Go in
>Put in headphones and start coding
>At this point coding is just copy & paste, change some variables and control names
>Lunch break, go have lunch
>Repeat in the afternoon
>Leave, day of work is done.
>>
>>36824167
anon i want to get into coding, is bootcamp a good way to go for starters or is it a scam?
>>
Trucking
>roll out of bed
>piss in a bottle
>walk 2 steps to the seat
>fire up the truck
>kick the tires
>do 2 minutes of paperwork
>fire up a podcast or chill tunes
>roll out
>set the cruise control at 57mph
>look down the shirts of girls driving by
>roll up to the receiver
>watch someone else get paid less than you do to do all the work
>send in paperwork
>roll out
>get some tacos
>go to bed
>repeat

It's breddy gud, especially when you own the company and get to meet qt's you met on 4chan all over the country to do lewd things they're too shy to do with people that live near them.
>>
>>36824059

As much as I love videogames and anime, I don't want to be sitting alone at home all day due to health concerns. I have to be doing something more productive than laundry and cleaning. Having money that's yours is more rewarding than relying on NEET bucks.
>>
>>36824213
how old are you?
how do you meet girls on 4chan?
>>
>>36824033
sounds boring and mind numbing
>>
>>36824205
I have no idea what bootcamp is, why don't you just try to learn it at college?

What is bootcamp though? You should take into account that when searching for a job, degrees hold greater stance than some online learning websites may hold.

What do you want to specialize in programming?
>>
>>36824297
It is, but it requires the minimum amount of physical work too.
>>
>>36824033
janitor
>go to job
>sit in office and drink coffee until some faggot needs help with some faggotry
>go back to drink coffee

I have personal experience with this
>>
Mattress salesman
>Get paid commission to get people to buy shit they were going to buy anyway
>>
>>36824322
>What do you want to specialize in programming?
I don't really care what I just want a comfy job
>>
>>36824362
sometimes effort and hard work isnt a bad thing. it at least makes you feel somewhat accomplished at the end of a shift and doesnt give you time to be bored
>>
If you have a Woodman's near you, best job.

>Bag groceries
>Talk to nobody
>No skills job
>$14/hour
>>
>>36824297
its the best though.. I also have a mind numbing job. I can listen to podcasts and wu tang while my muscle memory and reptile eye looks for defects on parts. I love being a robot.
>>
>>36824033
the pay sounds shit tier though?
>>
Radio
>alone in a small room
>talk shit over audible frequency
>building protected by security
>regional area forced to listen
>get paid
>>
>>36824237
28. Been trucking since I was a junior in college.

Just give them the ol' "ey gurl u wanna sum fuk ;^)" get contact info, and figure out their weird fetishes. By the time you line up a load through their town they're drenched thinking about how you're going to enable their lewd degeneracies.
>>
>>36824458
true, I'd rather save that effort for the gym though. My point is that it's a really steady job. You know how to code it, there are no social interactions you can fuck up and cringe at.

>>36824445
then go for it, just have in mind that whatever you get from bootcamp may not be as reassuring as what you'd get from a university, specially when applying for jobs. In programming having an online portfolio with all your projects helps a lot in that regard from what I've heard.
>>
>>36824033
how to get this job anon?
>>
>>36824631
why would you want a shitty paying job
>>
File: 1493759027712.jpg (50KB, 515x518px) Image search: [Google]
1493759027712.jpg
50KB, 515x518px
>get to job
>mark all emails as read
>browse 4chan for 9 hours, one hour for lunch
>my boss thinks i do a great job and he said he's proud of me
>i still don't know what im doing

IT is cool I guess.
>>
>>36824167
Ha hoo hoo, hee hee.

Programming is a hell job, you work in a team and never get any fucking time alone, don't do it.

The real dream job is sysadmin.
>>
>>36824652
14 bucks an hour is decent in my country
>>
>>36824710
what country is that?

orogogoog
>>
>>36824680
>you work in a team
they tell you what you need to do and you spend the next couple of days coding it on your own.
>never get any fucking time alone
really? they contact you post work? that doesn't happen to me, I guess it depends on the place you're working at.
>>
>>36824680
>sysadmin

depends on the size of the company but this is generally not a good job for robots. You're bothered at all hours of the day (and night) to fix things, upgrade things or patch things. Robots should work in a datacenter or something.
>>
>>36824510
Make a video of when you fuck piety, i want to fap to that
>>
>>36824837
what would you do in a datacenter?
>>
File: image.jpg (68KB, 500x473px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
68KB, 500x473px
>>36824033
>looked up jobs for data entry
>found one that pays $12/hr
>not bad
>5 years entry experience required

This has to be a meme. What sane person would actually waste 5 years of their life to settle for a $12/hr job? LMAO
>>
>>36824727
spain

minimum wages are like 8 euros an hour i think.
if i worked 6 hours a day getting 14 per hour, that would be more than 2000 bucks every month, to me that's fucking more than decent.
>>
>>36824870

I keep an eye on things to make sure they are working, occasionally put in a new piece of gear. $30/hr night shift.

Just avoid getting a job for like Apple and stuff.

Also being a sysadmin is hell. You have to deal with asshole executives pissed because they have impossible requests for your technology.
>>
> cucking in the most expensive state in the union for $10 an hour and some tips
> on feet the entire time
> weird, stinky old people always staring
> only social interaction in my life boils down to meaningless americanisms like, "how are you?" followed immediately by what they want to buy

help
>>
>>36824947
what kind of educational background and work history do you have? I got a useless degree and want to unfuck myself. as long as i have a road map im willing to do the work to get there.
>>
>>36824983
also whats your job's title?
>>
File: 445390_1352563293009_500_278.jpg (17KB, 499x278px) Image search: [Google]
445390_1352563293009_500_278.jpg
17KB, 499x278px
>"data entry is so great!"
>3 months later: wrist tendonitis kicks in
>can no longer play vidya or wrists will hurt a lot typing away
>wrist compression does not help much
>ice minimally works
>meds never work
>theres no medical procedure they can do to help it
>>
>>36824761
>>36824837
Well the grass is always greener, no matter your postition there are always stories of better easier times, I have never worked as a sysadmin but hear that you are the only person in the building with any idea what is happening, and that your word is the law.
>>
>>36824167
>>36824033
These tbqh. These are literally the most easy jobs in the world and require little if not NO social contact, and you're still left with time at home to play vidya and do what you like. Neets have no fuckinf excuse other than the fact they're lazy, unproductive pieces of shit.

>>36824059
Also, not an argument you FOOL.
>>
>>36824167
I'm a software engineer and I'm constantly needing to talk to people. Solid days of headphones-on alone time is glorious but rare.
>>
>Piano teacher
>get to share my passion for music with young girls (and boys, but most students are girls)
>finish work around 7-8 but get to sleep very late in the morning
>>
>>36824983

I've got a B.A I'm history. After going a year unemployed in 2012 after my mental breakdown in grad school, went and got a CCNA and an A.A.S from a local community college.

I'm a network operations tech, but job titles in IT are useless. I've been an engineer, sysadmin, and so on after getting my first IT job in 2015.
>>
>>36824862
I'll need to negotiate a rate with her, but it's going to have to wait until she's 18.
>>
>>36824500
can confirm. getting into podcasting and we are reaching out to sponsors and some radio people to host us. do half my research while I'm waiting on my games to load or que.
>>
>>36825022
>This man thinks programmers have spare time
>This man thinks you can still play video games when you have a TIMER TICKING THE FUCK DOWN.
>This man has never worked 9/5 7 days a week.

The last fucking thing you feel like doing when you get home is playing video games.
>>
>>36824440
Yeah, I don't know why I'd go to a bed shop just to browse.
>>
>>36825022
>I have the easiest job in the world with time to play vidya
>NEETs are so unproductive and lazy!!!
you seem defensive about something, wagie
can't imagine what
>>
>>36825083
Give her what she wants, just got a wait a few months
>>
>>36824510
>want to be a trucker
>im terrified of driving even a normal vehicle

is there any job where someone goes with the trucker and just sits there?
>>
>>36825163
>few months
Less than that, but she's going back to Russia right after she's legal, so most of it will have to wait until fall.
>>
>>36825061
I'm doing internship and I' working in a web-database project, why do you constantly need to talk to people?
>>
>>36825243
It depends on the job of course.

But 99% of the time you are working in a group, working on separate modules.

Not sure why everyone on here thinks companies hire people to do things themselves like superhackers.
>>
>>36825003
>having weak wrists

stretch and work out
>>
>>36824033
>>36824167
So how do you get into Data entry?
>>
I work in "data management". I have no skills and I'm pretty much bottom of the food chain.

>get to work at 8:30am
>do basic data entry until 12:30pm
>take an hour break walking around alone
>work from 1:30pm until 5:30pm

It sounds comfy and easy but it's very draining. Also if you have ambitions in life, as I do, it can make you very restless.

Should I be grateful? Yes.

Should I be so grateful that I should sacrifice my own ambitions or severely limit them? Not sure tbqh.
>>
>>36824500
Not true. Most radios rely on advertising and also their playlists are determined by marketing guys.
>>
>>36825319
no thanks, I actually have ambitions in programming.
>>36825299
I work in a small place, it's literally a room with six guys (including me). Maybe that's why I'm not getting the level of interaction you're getting. How many people work at your place?
>>
>>36824059
Good idea, maybe no one in the west should work a single hour so we can end up like that paradise in Africa, I heard they don't work over there, maybe a good place for you to live?
>>
>>36825332
>I work in "data management".
How'd you get there? I wash dishes all day and would like to do something tech related
>>
Trades are best

>actually employable
>work with people but mostly talking about the project at hand
>mix of labour and technical knowledge keeps you fit and stimulated
>days go by fast
>always improving and able to take pride in your work
>people think it's cool
>good pay
>co workers are robot tier

Cons
>hard work
>hard to get apprenticed
>pushed out of your comfort zone
>>
>>36824665
fucking KEK i this a bait post?
>>
>>36824205
why not just self teach yourself? Coding is the easiest thing in the world, if you just have patience.

That being said, I have no patience and my main motivator for learning how to code was deadlines for my projects. I learned so much in a weekend some weekends.
>>
I'm at my job right now. I think it would be robot paradise, I certainly enjoy it.

>work the weekends, 12 hours each day
>office is completely empty except for my one coworker
>no supervision from my boss whatsoever
>monitoring server performance
>basically just have to make sure the system is still functioning by the time Monday morning rolls around
>get paid +25% to work the weekend shifts (around 25 bucks per hour)
>usually there's nothing going on so 90% of my shift is spent shitposting and writing and fucking around on the internet
>plenty of job security since no normie wants to work 24 hours on the weekend
>>
>>36825484
yea but what do you do when your body starts breaking down?
>>
>>36825513
ive watched my compsci dorkus friend code. it just doesn't look rewarding and it doesnt pique my interest. it would be hard to motivate myself. I feel like i could do IT stuff though.
>>
>>36825529
You're body will break down faster sitting in a chair 100 hours a week.
>>
>>36824440
>having the social savvy to sell stuff to people
get lost on your way to reddit?
>>
>>36825598
whats your trade anon?
>>
>wake up at 0500
>physical training
>0700 is breakfast
>0750 briefing
>0900 prestage
>0945 perform whatever task/mission is placed
>1300 MRE lunch
>1500 continue mission or do AAR
>1800 prepare for bed
>1930 free time

>6.25
>>
>>36824467
But don't you need to greet customers? The baggers here do that.
>>
>>36825243
Because requirements and priorities need to be established and revisited, bottlenecks are eased by collaboration and communciation, technology choices and competing paradigms often warrant discussion and sometimes I just fancy some small talk.
>>
>>36825610
yea im actually pissed off some faggot came here with the "muh salesman" bullishit. you are absolutely a normie if you can tolerate dealing with people successfully for 8 hours at a time. I hate everyone and every word they utter while im doing my job. my blood boils. they're just meatsacks that take up space.

fuck you mattress faggot
>>
I am finally starting to get actual tangible money from my music production, it's the most fulfilling thing which happened in my life so far.
I am getting money for something I would do even if I didn't get paid for.

Make your passion/hobby your job, sounds like a cheesy ass meme post but goddamn am I happy and content right now
>>
>>36824033
A job where all I have to do is sit in front of a computer, type stuff and leave is my dream. I had a job like that once, but the company I was in went almos bankrupt and they didn't renew my contract. I have been trying to learn to code but I've become stuck. I know a lot of theory but it's like my brain hasn't "clicked" yet and ever time I try to code something on my own I inevitably get stuck and can't find a way around it. I'm also really bad at math so college scares me. I took algebra I twice but I could never pass a test, and it's supposedly the easiest math course, so I switched. Now I've been learning languages which is a lot easier and I'm hoping to be able to work as a translator in the future.
>>
>>36825610
Sales isn't social "savvy" in any kind of generalizable sense, there are a few major hacks and scripts to run on people to get your commission, knowing how to do that isnt the same as knowing how to keep friends or a gf or happiness
>>
>>36825652
what branch?
what mos?

not origionally??!/!!?
>>
>>36824680
>sysadmin
What do they do
>>
Once you're hired... do you turn in your W-4 and Direct Deposit Form before your first day of work/training/orientation? Or do you wait to be called in before submitting any information?
>>
>>36825704
your ability to appear amiable and put people at ease is enough evidence. script or no script. get out mattress man
>>
>>36824219
sorry but i must disagree https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5rnnNXpqyc
>>
>>36825710
i second this. i want to get a job that makes 40-50k and then some. i got a worthless degree. impart your wisdom anon.
>>
>>36824213
sounds great, although playing Truck Simulator has given me a fear of driving trucks.

A FUCKING VIDEO GAME
>>
>>36824213
what about your job getting automated anon? what do then?
>>
>>36825003
i feel you, i also have wrist troubles. i wear these braces by ace, they are light-skin colored and perfect for writing or typing. if you search "wrist brace" on amazon im sure.you could find something. good luck anon
>>
>>36825100
is the job really that miserable and tiring?
>>
>got mildly famous and do game art
>also have a patreon not associated with my work
>make 100k+ per year
>unmotivated and lazy so i work maybe 20-30 hours a week
>some weeks i do nothing at all
>massively behind on owed projects
>100% chance i will fail and go back to making wagecuck bux in a year

it's nice while it lasts i guess
>>
File: IMG_1755.jpg (42KB, 494x540px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1755.jpg
42KB, 494x540px
I drive a semi (tractor/trailer) over the road which means I'm gone roughly 10 out of the 12 months of the year.

I live out of my sleeper cab which is actually pretty comfy. Got a fridge, tv, nice comfy bed and of course computer / high speed internet access.

There's no physical work and all I really do is drive and bump a dock once every two or three days.

Don't really have to have any human interaction except for giving shippers and receivers my paper work.

It's a good job for an autistic robot
>>
>>36825688
>make your passion/hobby your job
goes horribly most of the time and only takes the joy out of the hobby, leaving you with nothing. Glad it worked out for you but this advice should not be given lightly.
>>
>>36825821
damn dude livin the dream.
>>
>>36825834
what about automated trucks?
>>
i want to be a postman
>walk + drive all day
>organize shit in post office
>money
unfortunately im too lazy to learn anything about it and i would need experience and do yearly exams and shit
>>
my job is pretty cool t b h
>cook chicken
>sell chicken
>eat chicken
>hang out at farmer's markets
>make a decent amount of official and unofficial money
>>
>>36825866

Won't happen within my lifetime...realistically won't happen within another few generations.

So, not too worried about that personally
>>
>>36825795
>>36825866
I own the company. If level IV autonomy trucks ever roll out (they won't) then they'll just print money for me. I'm sick of worthless drivers fucking up my contracts so I really wish it was realistic to looking forward to getting rid of them, but nothing being developed or tested solves that problem.
>>
>>36825866

Would an automated truck be safer than a manned truck? What's stopping thieves from hijacking an automated truck?
>>
>>36825900
but, Im a vegetarian... oragono
>>
>Work part time
>aunt is the boss
>my cousin who is also my best friend works with me
>get paid 21 dollar/hr
>can choose the days I want to work
>>
>>36825946
yea i guess you're right. keep on truckin anon
>>
>>36825061
I'm a senior getting my bachelor's degree in software engineering. I kind of regret it now because I hate talking to people and hoped to just be working alone. How much of your day is spent socializing? 30% or something? I guess I can deal with that. Still sucks though.
>>
Programming is a great job for robots or just social abortions in general.

The trick is to make sure that you don't work for a major corporation, or for any company that employs "new age" bullshit programming practices like full-blown AGILE. Agile programming, when done right, can be great. But I've heard from other people in the industry that companies love to overdo it and make everything a social interaction and have stand-up meetings and work in an entirely open office setup (no privacy). Working in a major corporation is just asking for no autonomy, and in general you will exist in a vocational hellscape of red tape and middle managers having power trips and trying to make everybody work in a one-size-fits-all approach.

From what I can tell, the best job you can get is in local/county/state government IT. You will likely be on a small team, and the average technical skill of your peers will be lower than yours if you just got out of tech school. That doesn't mean you're better than them in all ways, because they will have a waaaay better understanding of general systems analysis, design, and maintenance, as well as best practices for dealing with development/test/production environments and shit like that. In general (at least in my state) it's going to be .NET/C#/VB.NET with some version of SQL Server. All of those things are taught readily in tech school, so it's almost a seamless transition to go from education to employment.

Source: Self-taught PHP, MySQL, Ruby, Python prior to school. Went to tech school for 3 years, got 4.0. Got hired in literally 2 months from my graduation, have been working there for 3 years in local government.
>>
The anon in OP's pic was lying. No job like that exists.
>>
>>36826022
good job anon. i hope to follow in your footsteps
>>
>>36825983
lol faggot
at any rate, there are many other kinds of food truck, many of which are totally vegetarian (especially in this area)
>>
>>36825969

Oi, company man - get dispatchers that aren't retarded and then suck my cock
>>
>>36826022
Oh, and let me explain some of the social aspects from my experience.

I work on a very small team, we each have our own cubicles. People do come and talk to you now and then, but in general we are all similar personality types because we're all "programmers".

There are entire days where I won't interact with anyone else directly (just via email).

Sometimes it's this:
>Come into work
>Open my project
>Put in earbuds
>Play some dope ambient electronic music (Tycho, Boards of Canada, or just vaporwave/retrowave/synthwave in general)
>Let my creativity flow forth in the form of elegant programming
>Go to lunch around noon (it's flexible though)
>Come back an hour later
>Music, programming
>Commit and push changes if stable
>Leave in the later afternoon
>>
>>36825973

In 70 years an automated trucks would probably be safer but currently we don't have the technology.

People will try to steal shit regardles
>>
>>36826077
I don't have dispatchers and never have. I give my drivers load board logins and tell them to go make $2000 a week. That's more than most steering wheel holders can manage while I gross $5000 on a 4 day week.
>>
Software Engineer here.

>Pros:
>Work from home often
>Boss trusts me to get my shit done and never bothers me
>Get paid well with annual raise

>Cons:
>Team members can be absolutely useless (having to redo their code / teach them obvious shit / etc.)
>Sales people lie about what our software does so we're usually on a tight schedule to add features
>Some projects require a shit ton of in-person meetings so there's little programming

Overall I make way too much $ for the amount of effort I put into my work. My company is so strapped for programmers that we didn't fire a guy who got caught stealing code. CS is almost a guaranteed job if you can answer basic questions about your best language.
>>
>>36826121
>>36825973
>>36825866
automated trucks are going to be the standard in 2023.
>>
>>36826022
>dont work for a major corporation
but wont the pay be lower? the large the company, the more they pay. what is your salary? and can you tell me what a typical day for you is like? do you just sit down all day doing your own thing until the deadline?
>>
>>36826107
how do you prove to employers you have "skills" in stuff like PHP, MySQL, ect so they hire you? Also what exactly is the "tech" school you went to?
>>
File: 1487787143361.jpg (116KB, 846x592px) Image search: [Google]
1487787143361.jpg
116KB, 846x592px
>>36824033

All the data entry jobs in my country require like 2 years of data entry experience.
>>
>>36826072
>implying i go out to food trucks
>implying im not a shut in
you the faggot for eating corpses
>>
>>36826142
Can you describe your education background and how the hiring process works?
>>
>>36826136

Lol load board. Nigga you ain't got drivers you got contractors.

No wonder they don't give a shit about your raggedy ass company.
>>
>>36825663
ah I see what you mean, in my place there's that too, the place has telephones, each one assigned to a worker (except me), they usually take calls and make calls to establish requirements and fix problems too, my supervisor usually goes to meetings with clients too. I'm lucky to be on the computer-only side with no actual communication, probably because I'm only doing internship and not officially working there.
>>
>>36826136
what is your opinion on food trucks?
>>36826174
corpses are fucking metal, enjoy your soy based estrogen cubes
>>
I make my living doing remote internet work/programming that requires no social interaction (unless you count emails and IM as such. I used to make calls and skype when customers asked but now I'm in a position where I can refuse). Dad last called me 3 months ago, who knows next time we'll talk. I get my groceries and other supplies delivered straight to my door. I've set it up so the guy knocks, I wait a few minutes til he's gone and start getting the stuff inside. I go weeks to months at a time without leaving my apartment.
When I'm not programming the only thing I do is watch countless hours of 90s/2000s teen dramas and pretend I'm living their lives.
>>
Security in a nice neighborhood

>Nothing big ever happens
>Fuck around with the occasional walking around for the most part of your work day
>>
>>36826142
what is CS?
also what languages are you using at the moment, and what softwares are you making?
>>
>>36826248
>what education
>what languages/skills
>how does the hiring process work
>what do you need to demonstrate to get hired
>do you "like" your job?
>>
>>36826147
Probably. I will say that what I make is more than comfortable for me, a single man. I have tons of disposable income and am just saving it up for a house.

It works like this:
Major corporation = Less happiness, little to no autonomy, more burnout, excellent pay
Small company/government = More happiness, more autonomy, less burnout, good pay

>>36826156
DESU The main stuff I talked about in depth was C#/VB.NET and T-SQL (SQL Server dialect of SQL).

They asked me some questions about whether I had worked with databound controls in .NET and stuff, and I guess from just those answers they were satisfied that I knew what I was talking about.

I did mention my self-taught past in PHP and all that in passing as fluff, and it actually came into play later on because now I've been assigned some web-development responsibilities as well. Part of this is because I described to them that I had started working on my own content management system in PHP/MySQL when I was around 14 years old before going to school.

By tech school I mean a technical college, or a trade school. They're less costly, and teach you hands-on skills needed to work in your area of study without all the cruft of actual college (where they try to make you more well-rounded by including tons of generals).

Are you from the United States? Some states have state-subsidized technical college systems (like my state).
>>
>>36826195
I spent 3 years at community college for CS, got my AS and transferred to a state college to get my BS.

I was offered a job by a company about a month before I graduated because I had a experience with a specific framework (Hadoop) in Java.

Honestly the hiring process is a joke for programmers, unless you're trying to work for Google or Amazon. If you have Java and SQL experience (not just classwork, but your own stuff) you can get a job easily. Most places ask easy shit (generics / abstract classes / polymorphism), but some might ask you about sorting algorithms to check you're not completely retarded.
>>
File: IMG_1918.jpg (288KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1918.jpg
288KB, 1024x1024px
>>36826143

I'm hoping you meant automatic (transmission) because that would at least be feasible
>>
I literally had the exact same job as OP, down to the wage and everything. It's OK at first but it gets really, really tedious to the point that not even music can keep you entertained. And unless your workspace is incredibly accomodating for chairs, desk height, keyboards etc. you will develop carpal and other awful painful shit within 6-9 months.
>>
>>36826273
Computer Science

I use Java for back-end work most of the time. Our front-end people use Angular.

Web dev is in ever higher of a demand than back-end, but that shit is cancerous to work with so I stay clear.
>>
>>36826419
no i mean self-driving. it's going to be one of the first jobs to go to robots because it costs an insane amount to hire drivers, drivers aren't always available, and drivers can be corrupt.
>>
Being a dietician sounds fun. Just sit around all day and plan diets for fat teenagers and sick people. Go in and consult businesses on their product often.
>>
>>36824680
>sysadmin

wageslave here. this guy is retarded as fucking shit. never ever ever ever ever EVER consider sysadmin unless you're working in a place where the majority are 8+/10 roasties.

>>36826022
solid advice here. be very cautious on how job offers word what they're looking for. "programming" has become an umbrella term in the past 7 years for "techie nanny / l33t busboy" where you're jewed into shitty social interactions.

a good indicator for low to midtier quality robojobs is whether or not they offer nightshifts and remote work within your first year there, and another subtle tip is to pay attention to the breakroom and what the average person drives.

on one hand too many smart cars or eco friendly 2010 or younger vehicles in the parking lot combined with lots of new age health posters in the breakroom implies you'll be getting paid pretty good but to deal with playpen kale-synergizing HR overlords all day.

however, shitstain truckstop breakroom with bugzapper fengshui and rustbucket fenderbenders in the parkinglot implies it should be a comfy "mind your damn business and keep to yourself" environment but at the expense of zombie soul-crushing pay.
>>
expect $14 an hour is fucking peanuts.
>>
>>36826548

>costs an insane amount to hire drivers

>thinks it'll be cheaper to buy and maintain automated tractors that are driving 70 mph on public highways alongside commuters and are also able to navigate city traffic and rural roads

I'm not saying it won't eventually happen but your prediction is about 50-60 years too soon
>>
>>36826628
I get 3 Euros an hour here, anon.
14 dollars sounds like heaven.
>>
>got bored of school
>dropped out age 15
>almost a decade ago
>now make $+250k annually
>most of my "work" is done in short burst of clicking on a phone or laptop
>never lose money so long as people require food to live
>investing and venture funding augment my "steady" income
>funded my own secluded comfy shack far and away from society by age 20
>can and do routinely just stay in bed all day for multiple days straight
>only had to fly out to see something open once in my entire "career" which was the only forced social interaction i've had so far
>recently worked it so the food, supplies, and booze delivery guys just leave the shit in this metal bin outside the gate so i can pick it up later
I've managed to carve out the perfect shut-in life on jackshit for education or official secondary education. Why the fuck are you going for a 5+ year experience required $12-15/hr job?
>>
>>36825821
you better be saving/investing that money
>>
>>36824033
i get paid the same but i do security overnight
>have to do a total of an hour work that a spilt into two parts over the night
>have a laptop, 3ds, switch to pass the time
>even brought my ps4 and hooked it up to one of the giant monitors I watch the buildings cameras on
>occasionally chit chat with some illegals that work in cleaning- no idea what they're saying half the time but its a good way to practice social skills

the other shifts are the worst though I would only recommend working nights.
>>
>>36825900
I want to eat all of those potatoes, slathered in ketchup and sour cream
>>
Firefighter
>work 8 days a month
>chill most the day with your bros
>drive a truck without proper license
>show up on calls every now and then wait for paramedics
>fuck bitches on off days
>>
>>36826885
>get burned to death in a fire
>>
>>36826925
>implying there are any fires anymore
>>
>>36826850
Tell me now, what the fuck did you do to achieve this. The sad part is that you are just fucking with us.
>>
Not my job, but if you're a gamer, you might like being a game tester

https://www.glassdoor.ca/job-listing/multi-platform-game-tester-nvidia-JV_IC1131270_KO0,26_KE27,33.htm?jl=2261134055
>>
>>36826383
does the state college you go to matter?
>>
File: FIRE.jpg (15KB, 340x507px) Image search: [Google]
FIRE.jpg
15KB, 340x507px
>>36826950
There are fires everyday anon
>>
I am a photocopier and industrial print engineer

It is the best job over, sometimes I get days with 0 service calls and just sleep it all away.

Excellent training, paid vehicle allowance,lots of alone time driving around and everyone expects you to be a turbo weirdo because somehow you work in this weird niche job.

Simply divine lads.
>>
>>36826982
>fucking with you
I worked 90 hours a week for 2 years on a construction job, took that money and invested a good portion then bought into farming and have been expanding since.
I also venture fund.
EX: want help funding your "thing"? Gimme x% ownership/shares/expected profit/etc. and don't bother me and i'll give you X moneys.
I won't lie i got very very lucky and i've delegated most shit to others which honestly costs me but thats work I don't want to do and I don't need or want more than i already make.
>>
>>36826883
we don't serve them with sauces usually, just rosemary sea salt. I have tried them with chimichurri though, that's fucking delicious
>>
>>36824213

Do you have any Trucker stories you'd care to tell?
>>
>>36826680
> 50-60 years

>>
>>36826855
i'm saving it, 90,000 in the bank of liquid funds. "investing" sort of seems like a meme outside of dangerous risks like concurrency
>>
>>36827327
Actually checked this shit out.
https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2017/feb/16/self-driving-trucks-automation-jobs-trucking-industry
Sounds like its legit though who knows the actual timetable. Todays longaul driver is tomorrow's co-pilot/logistics manager OR a shorthaul driver from docking points to actual delivery sites.
>>
>>36827368
>investing is a meme
It is if you're an idiot. If you can actually manage it on your own, don't use shit like E-Trade you'll get marked and sniped, its incredibly lucrative unless you like making safe bets in which case you'll make 15% return max on average.
>>
>>36827408
>who knows the actual timetable.
A lot of our highest educated scientists and economists have given similar timelines. automation is happening right now in 2017 and people are losing jobs in warehouses. it's actually pretty scary but less than 1% of the population is worried about it. in 7 years this is going to become a major crisis for the working class
>>
>>36827450
Oh i'm not going to myself. I do mire the people who have gotten big returns on ethyrium(sp) and bitcoin before it exploded.
>>
File: 1493949651842.png (215KB, 419x617px) Image search: [Google]
1493949651842.png
215KB, 419x617px
>>36824412
>janitor
>paradise

I can't believe it's not original
>>
File: 1494088061446.jpg (39KB, 640x368px) Image search: [Google]
1494088061446.jpg
39KB, 640x368px
>>36824665
Sounds breddy great
>>
>>36825821
So jealous. I want to get into graphic design/illustration/game art and been to two schools and no luck finding work for over a year now. I want to go back to school but my parents refused and I already owe student loans. I'm extremely depressed and unmotivated and can barely draw without structure like school. I'm too nervous to offer commissions online for my art
>>
How the fuck do you get into data entry? I don't even care about making more than minimum wage, but all the places on craigslist want experience and/or talking with clients/coworkers constantly.
>>
>>36827153
I wish I was smart. I invested my money in dogecoin
>>
>>36824033
Introverts Paradise
>Have entire half of spare floor as your office, you only get a handful of visitors a day and that's like a secretary asking what coffee you want and the billy mays type CEO checking in every afternoon
>Literally get to do whatever the fuck you want - can have a day where you write some emails and do a bit of research or a day where you work 12 hrs sweating your arse off and doing really challenging but rewarding work
>Get to fugg the qt secretary in the break room and get bj's under the table while you work
>Lunch is free and decent quality
>free, reasonable parking
>salary of 6 gorillion a year
>>
>>36826925
This. I would have gotten the job but my brothers friend died in an explosion on the job when I was 15. Turned me off then and there.
>>
>>36829320
>inb4 stats about death rates at other jobs
>>
>>36829320
>fearing death
Damn, normie.
>>
>>36824033
Thanks wagie for my NEETbux
>>
>>36829372
Getting burned to death is not a way you want to go out, suicidal or not. There are far better methods.
>>
File: comfy2.gif (616KB, 500x697px) Image search: [Google]
comfy2.gif
616KB, 500x697px
>>36824033
Paleontology, and gun smithing are my dream careers; they're /comfy/ as fuck
>>
>>36824213
Dude you under FBI investigation for fucking underage cunnies.
Why are you still bragging.
>>
>>36829726
So carry an exit strategy.
>>
File: 1487635790838.jpg (48KB, 676x426px) Image search: [Google]
1487635790838.jpg
48KB, 676x426px
I'm a medical interpreter and I set up my own appointments. I make 20/hr and can sit in my underwear and eat tendies between appointments. I haven't left my house in three days either.
>>
>>36825969
Check out what Tesla will be doing in about a decade. They're making great progress now, but won't be on the road for a good while. Make sure to get a contract with them for operating/overseeing a fleet of them. Reap money. I'm from the future, so listen closely to what I say.
>>
>>36826488
What does Java have that makes it better for backend?
Could I use Common Lisp?
>>
>>36826383
God danm it, I will then have to kill myself psychologically in order to learn Java.
It can't be that bad, OOP can't be that hard, I would only have to learn the idiosyncracies of Java.
>string.equal(string)
>>
Data center is the new meme it seems.
>>
>>36825522
What job is this and how do I get it?
>>
File: 1492576950353.jpg (146KB, 700x787px)
1492576950353.jpg
146KB, 700x787px
>>36825819
Yes is tiring and stressful, BUT right now I'm a technical lead, and make 117k/year + bonus and shares, already own an apartment in San gaycisco and that pulls an extra 3k/month.

I'm plan to work another 5-10 years and buy a Manhattan apartment and live off as jew landlord.
>>
>>36828116
if anon still here, if you wanna add me on something i can help you get some work graphic design. i own a small online/local ad agency, you can do some comissioned work, flat illustration/hand lettering
>>
File: 1473720344248.jpg (51KB, 966x827px) Image search: [Google]
1473720344248.jpg
51KB, 966x827px
Owning a kiosk near a technical institute
>stock and set up displays
>just have to ressupply twice a week at large vendors
>prepare tea and coffee for cold days
>then sit all day watching movies or reading, waiting for people to buy shit
>or just let the part timer kid I hired do all the job
Getting the place and license was the best thing that has happened in my life and it was by pure luck.
>>
>>36824205
bootcamp grads never get jobs
>>
>>36831305
thanks for the replyoihooi
>>
>>36831098
>jew landlord
That's so fucking smart and comfy.
>>
>>36831223
what do you sell and how much are you pulling in?
>>
Part time job as swimming instructor while doing university
>teach kids swimming
>teach them valuable life lessons that their shit parents skipped like the value of hard work and that they need to do things for themselves
>kids are nice, they aren't like adults, they can't be assholes or chads or stacy's or you discipline them and scold them or kick them out of class
>$19 CAD per hour
>get to relax in hot tub during breaks and after lessons with your coworkers
>complete run of your class and your job, nobody to look over you and make sure you're doing your job correctly (once you've been working there for about a year)
>get into all city recreation centers and city owned institutions for free
>gonna be the best parent ever

2.5 years into the job, I still love going in every time.
>>
>>36829806
My brother from another mother.
I always wanted to dig for dinos and shoot guns I built, but thats illegal...
>>
>>36831709
Hows it going in canada, eh?
Still snow around?
>>
File: 1264512741.gif (448KB, 500x275px) Image search: [Google]
1264512741.gif
448KB, 500x275px
>work at warehouse jobs
>have worked a new warehouse job almost every year
>the objects just get heavier and heavier each job
>all the oldfags at each job have broken bodies
>tfw I can already feel it at a young age

I really hope I can find a simple job like data entry one day. My sister just sits on a line and screws something in every once in a while, while making double what I make.
I hate my life. I wish I just stumble upon a good job like most of the guys in this thread.
>>
Unarmed private security, it's my job I would highly recommend to all robots. I watch anime and practice drawing at work. It's dead end up if you want to move up the next step in the career path would be becoming a cop, crime scene technician, etc
>>
>>36824665
I do the same thing, my coworker and I do netsec but it's always quiet and nothing is ever wrong so there's never anything for me to do.
>>
>>36831971
could you actually transition from unarmed security to a crime scene technician thohugh?
>>
>>36831989
Depending on where you work I think so, I guard a site with a lot of highway jumpers and interact with the cops about the bodies. But being a guard is comfy because I can do anything I want and I'm satisfied with it for now.
>>
>>36831305
My brother knows a dude who got a job at google, after studying coding at a bootcamp. I'm sure he's in the minority, though.
>>
>>36824879
experience is a meme. Especially with starter jobs like data entry. Just say you did something that was remotely related for five years and you're good.
>>
professor sounds good to me
>wake up
>get ready for noon lecture
>fuck around for half the time talking about blumpf
>end class early and assign a huge essay
>students have to study textbook to get a good grade so your lack of teaching doesn't even matter
mmm
>>
File: 1492468935442.jpg (125KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1492468935442.jpg
125KB, 1200x1200px
>currently work at lowes in the garden
>do nothing all day besides load mulch and rocks/stones for people
>going to go to school to become firefighter
>work 8 days a month
>make $70k

70k is more than enough for me desu
im going to die alone anyway
>>
>>36832118
I hate professors like this. I hope they get fired one day.
>>
>>36824033
President of a presidential version of my country
>>
>get into work at 6
>can get there anytime i want but this means I have no traffic, nobody else is there for a couple hours, and I get to leave after lunch
>start coding
>control sequences barely change between units so really I just have to write one program ever
>make 60k starting and 80k in five years
>job is so niche there's basically no market for it and I can't be fired
>>
>>36832118
You would be a scourge to the education system, please never attempt to become a professor.
>>
>>36829806
>comfy
>Paleontology
It's literally hell. Most excavation is done in countries with hot climate and the whole process is tedious and takes a very long time. I've taken part in a few similar events before and it is absolutely unbearable.
>>
>>36832118
A. You'd suck as a proffesor and actively detract from the educational system.
B. 95% of your freetime is going to grading and making some sort of syllabus.
C. You gotta do shit to keep your proffesorship and prove it. IE actual work or else you'll be fired and they hire someone better for cheaper.
D. You got social skills? You better this is academia you gotta impress fellow proffesors and staff or they'll vote you off the island unless you got tenure.
>>
>>36832318
I was just trying to fit in with the slacker sentiment everyone else has, I actually plan to be a very austere teacher
>>
>>36825652
>>wake up at 0500
gtfo
>>
>>36824205
codecadamy is pretty good, its also free
>>
File: 1473889472261.png (148KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
1473889472261.png
148KB, 512x512px
My job is pretty "good" in my opinion.

>mail room at a bank
>part time
>16 hours a week
>receive and sort through documents from bank branches, distribute them to the appropriate department
>work with three other people, hardly ever talk to them
>manager only comes in once a week
>$15 an hour
>don't pay any tax since it's part time and I don't make enough
>gets my parents off my ass
>>
>>36825465
I would recommend you go into community college and get a diploma in computer programming or something IT related. I did mine in 16 months. The key is that you need to land a summer internship or do a co-op. The good thing is these opportunities are literally in an abundance (at least where I live) and it shouldn't be hard to get one. That way by the time you finish your program you have some experience which is the thing that matters most when you start looking for a job in IT.
>>
>>36827368
just buy vanguard shit nigga
>>
>>36824033
>8 entire hours of your life wasted 112 dollars
>>
>>36826988
As long as you don't pay out the ass for a private school with a low-rated CS program you should be okay. The two really big selling points for candidates though are internships and side projects. If you have at least one of these, you can easily get an interview. Having both is even better.

>>36830145
Java is super popular in the corporate world. Whenever we get a request from a client to build an application, they always want it done in Java. It's usually because their IT departments have the most experience with managing it when it comes to security. We also get requests to work with R and Scala, but those are very rare. If you end up working for the government though, they usually go for C#/.NET.

>>36830222
The differences between Java and other popular OO languages aren't too big. You'll pick it up easily if you know any others (C# especially).
>>
>>36832118
My dad is one
>$29k/year
>Jewniversities have stopped hiring full time professors because they're expensive
>as a result all prof jobs are garbage tier 1-3 year contracts
>job security? you can always be replaced by a fresh grad who will slave away for the job even if you have 20+ years experience
>he teaches foreign language ans every college on earth is dropping their language programs
>>
>>36829915
alpha

originally alpha
>>
You know you can get better at social interaction right? It's not something you should be afraid of and it naturally makes you feel good and less lonely even if it goes bad.
>>
My job is pretty comfy in that I make about 40k with no education or skills. The problem is that the job is frustrating and people are fucking lazy, but I have plenty of free time and barely have to socialize. They also don't care if I show up obviously hungover (or irritated for some other reason) and smelling like shit. I've been there five years, though I do know if I'm still there at 30 with no hope in sight of moving on, I'll probably kill myself.
>>
>>36826850
>>36827153
pls give more advice and how you would do things differently if you were that 18 years old in the current year, pls lad I'm begging you.
>>
>>36827098
Is it hard to get into the job you do?
>>
what's a nice low stress job foe someone with anxiety issues? i dont wanna end up shooting myself a month into my future career because i got yelled at too many times or something
Thread posts: 213
Thread images: 19

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.