[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ok, I'm in a dilemma. I thoroughly enjoy eating out a restaurants.

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4

File: restaurant-view.jpg (38KB, 550x288px) Image search: [Google]
restaurant-view.jpg
38KB, 550x288px
Ok, I'm in a dilemma. I thoroughly enjoy eating out a restaurants. I love eating good food! But I have no friends, etc. So I have no one to go with. I am afraid to go to a restaurant alone, to eat alone, to have to say to the hostess "table for one". What do I do? I really want to eat out at a restaurant.
>>
>>36823899
Stop caring what other people think its the best way to live life
>>
>>36823899
Just go with your gf
>>
Same dilemma here OP, bumping for visibility

wish it was possible to rent-a-friend for this kind of thing
>>
>>36823899
I worked in a restaurant and there is many people who regularly eat alone at the same restaurant, nobody judges or cares about them, actually the waiters are always happy when they have a loyal customer
>>
>>36823944
Ok. Let's say I do go out to a restaurant. The hostess says, "How many?". I tell her, "Just me." She'll say "Why don't you sit at our bar?" I'll say "Sounds great." Then I'll order some food.
So, what do I do while I wait for the food? I don't have someone I can converse with until my food arrives. I'll just be sitting there staring at the wall or something. Won't people look at me and think I'm weird? Won't they give me dirty looks?
>>
>>36824012
>So, what do I do while I wait for the food?
Well, just wait for the food like all people do ?
>>
>>36824009
What did the female employees think? This is really what concerns me. Because if I'm judged by women, how will I ever be able to get close to them? Wouldn't people think I'm weird for eating alone at a restaurant. I mean the tables are all set up for AT LEAST TWO PEOPLE.
>>
> So, what do I do while I wait for the food?

y'know, exude personality
>>
>>36824036
Yes, but all people wait for food by having a conversation with the people they are eating with. I won't have anyone to talk to. Wouldn't the guy at the bar think I'm some creep if I just sit there doing nothing while I wait for my food.
>>
>>36824041
They don't give a shit, they got work to do you know
>>
>>36824012
>Won't people look at me and think I'm weird? Won't they give me dirty looks?
This might sound wierd to you but random people dont give a shit about you. Also i said dont care what people think. And just sit and wait for your food.
>>
>Yes, but all people wait for food by having a conversation with the people they are eating with.
Ugh, I hate this the most when having dinner with other people...everyone is just waiting for the food to arrive and chitchatting to pass the time. ridiculous
>>
>>36823899
Dress up in a suit or even just a shirt and tie, pretend you're a businessman from out of town. If you want to go back just say you regularly commute to the area but live in another state
>>
>>36824058
look at your phone while you wait retard
>>
>>36824012

Bring a book to read.

origami
>>
>>36824067
So you never heard a female waiter or hostess say something like "check out that loser eating alone" or "god, I'm having to server some loser/creep who's eating alone. ugh, what a loser!"?
Interesting. I might give this a try, but I don't think I can. I will get panic attacks and anxiety if I try this. I know I wouldn't be able to psych myself up to open the door. And if I did manage to get in, I would be experiencing an adrenaline rush and do something stupid. I would need someone to come with me to give me comfort and assurance, but that would defeat the purpose of eating alone.
>>
>>36824128
I am currently reading Infinite Jest. Wouldn't that look pretentious? Also I have to finish chapters or stop at designated in-book break points before I can put a book down. I never stop in the middle of a paragraph/chapter/section. It's not right. So then I would be reading a book, and my food would arrive, yet it would be hard to focus because of all the people talking, and I wouldn't be able to finish the chapter for a while and my food would be cold.
>>
I went to a local restaurant on my own once two or three years ago, it was getting on my nerves to keep getting called "sir" by a waiter around my age when I'm lower on the social order than him as a kusoNEET. Don't restaurants around you do takeaways, OP? I would do that if I really wanted to eat restaurant food again.
>>
>>36824208
Not the restaurants I want to go to. They aren't chain ones that span the Americas. I like to go to more local restaurants if you know what I mean. Like the small businesses of restaurants. They don't do takeaway as far as I know. And I wouldn't know because I've never gotten to eat at them since I'm too scared to go alone.
>>
File: 1272977409394.jpg (25KB, 471x354px) Image search: [Google]
1272977409394.jpg
25KB, 471x354px
I regularly go to a small hole in the wall sushi restaurant by myself and always feel better afterwards. There are usually lots of groups there and I would not even mention it if you weren't so autistically obseessed with how random strangers perceive you.
>>
You could also just go with family or extended family.

Or go on a dating site and message a bunch of girls for a dinner date. someone is bound to agree to it
>>
>>36824012
>So, what do I do while I wait for the food?
Go on your phone like every other person.
>>
>>36824208
>it was getting on my nerves to keep getting called "sir" by a waiter around my age when I'm lower on the social order than him as a kusoNEET.
IMO the people who make a point of calling you sir are well aware of how pathetic you are, and are either directly patronizing you or hypercorrecting themselves because they want to be courteous and not accidentally come off as contemptuous of a customer
Most places aren't like that though
>>
>>36824283
I am currently not living near my family. And if I was they would not go. My dad infamously hates eating out. We rarely go to restaurants or get take out. It's like a once a season thing. I don't' want to use a dating site yet, because I am not at a point in my life where I could marry someone and feel financially secure. And I doubt anyone would want to date me.
>>
>>36824316
>>36824127
This seems inappropriate to do in a restaurant. It does not seem right to me.
>>
>>36824355
Everyone has a phone nowadays and everyone uses them
>>
>>36824383
Yes, but it seems in poor taste to pull out a phone in a restaurant, unless it is a very important phone call.
>>
I will probably not eat a restaurant alone today. But I will try psyching myself up to eat alone for the next few days. I can't wait to eat some delicious food.
>>
File: 1489894031175.jpg (11KB, 500x265px) Image search: [Google]
1489894031175.jpg
11KB, 500x265px
>won't other people

No one cares you're eating alone, reading a book, on your phone, eat a certain way, or wear mismatched socks. /No one cares/ and if they do give two shits or say something that makes you feel uncomfortable you will never see them again.

Stop being a fucking autist
>>
>>36824191
Bring some light reading, Infinite Jest is the kind of book you keep at home. Like a newspaper, or just read something on your phone, do whatever.
>>
>>36824334
>>36824355
>>36824405
you put way too much gravitas on restaurants because you see them as 1/season things instead of 1/day things
I don't give half a fucking shit about what's "appropriate" in the kinds of restaurants I go to (and probably the kinds of restaurants you're looking at), if they wanted to be treated with taste or decorum they should have made their menu at the haute cuisine price point instead of being a place I can go to blow off steam after work
If I want to look at my phone, I will. If I want to stare into space because it's been a long day, I will. You are the customer here, you are paying them, and you could easily choose to pay another establishment instead. I can understand being this anxious about situations like dating where you're meeting as equals, but the point of a restaurant is literally to serve you
>>
>>36824502
I don't know how to say this, but whenever I am in public I am always looking at people. I like to watch them for a bit and wonder what their lives are like. I seem to always be staring at people and fantasizing about their life. Are you telling me other people don't do this?
>>
>>36824578
I will be working at my job on Sunday from 5pm-10pm. I work as a math tutor for my university. But I am not expecting any students to show up, since it is the end of finals. Would it be weird to bring Infinite Jest to read for the 5 hours?
>>
File: 1316597340767.jpg (5KB, 223x251px) Image search: [Google]
1316597340767.jpg
5KB, 223x251px
>>36824604

No other people do not do this. Most people also find staring rude so you probably shouldn't do that.

Also I'm pretty sure you're either extremely autistic or merely pretending to be retarded for yucks
>>
Here's the deal OP. You could go in with 3 sunglasses on your head, a fireman's hat, one military boot and one sandal, rainbow pattern pants, etc
While you wait for your food you could whip out a fucking whole newspaper and read it aloud, or sleep in the table, or bring a notebook and scribble like a mad man
Etc etc you get the point
And then not even 10 minutes after you leave, everyone would forget about you.

/no one/ cares. Really. At most you'll be the subject of a "guess what I saw today" conversation, but only if you really act weird and close to insane. Otherwise, no one will even notice you left the restaurant.
>>
>>36824655
5 hours of boredom in a setting that you're assuming to not be crowded? Go for it, that's totally fine, it's just that like in the local diner or whatever you aren't gonna read a huge tome, y know?
>>
>>36824667
I am not pretending. I don't know if I'm autistic for sure, but my Mom thinks I have aspergers. I remember seeing a child psychologist when I was younger, but I don't know why. My mom says she never got me "officially diagnosed" because it would make my insurance go up and would look bad for employment if I was officially aspergers. I also think I might be bi-polar, because my uncle was (he died) and my brother is. But I don't know, and don't want to get tested. Because I'm anxious about setting up an appointment with a mental health professional.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.