[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is your religion and how did you come to it? I'm Orthodox

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: Haruhi Christ.jpg (30KB, 463x600px) Image search: [Google]
Haruhi Christ.jpg
30KB, 463x600px
What is your religion and how did you come to it?

I'm Orthodox Christian, I converted when I moved to Washington DC for college, I used to be Pentecostal.
>>
Muslim. Raised with it.
>>
>>36817033
What country are you from? If you're not from a Muslim country were you raised in a Muslim area?
>>
>>36817126
I was raised in Australia with a Malay dad and Aussie mum. My town was very christian and I was probably the only non-white guy there.
>>
>>36817185
Unless your dad lived away he's also a non-white there so don't feel lonely. Most of my town was Baptist so I had to go to church in another town, other than that I wasn't that special in my town.
>>
>>36817222
Plenty of non-whites in Melbourne which was a few hours drive away. Besides, white people tend to be very friendly!
>>
>>36817276
At least they aren't mean to you. So that's good. What hobbies do you have?
>>
>>36817296
I browse 4chan so my hobbies tend to be typical NEET activities like computer games and programming. I also enjoy badminton and soccer which my dad taught me to play. What about you?
>>
>>36817333
Of coarse NEET weeaboo shit, but I also play Basketball and painting figurines. I used to play D&D until I moved to DC and couldn't find a group. My brother plays soccer, so that's kinda cool I guess.
>>
I'm a mostly non-practicing Catholic and more of an esoteric and gnostic Christian

On the day-to-day moral level, I basically try to live my life as one gigantic pain in the ass, where instead of constantly stifling my natural moral misgivings and dissatisfactions and pangs of guilt, I go out of my way to cultivate them and try to be self-sacrificingly nice to people, to animals, etc.

I try to notice the good in everything, notice how even stuff I used to view cynically (like simple people just trying to get through life and be happy, and look out for one another, even if they don't always do it perfectly) is actually beautiful. I still like to be a pessimist, but I feel like I see the good stuff that is TRYING to bloom in humanity now.

It's made my life a lot more interesting. I used to just walk around seeing nothing but gray all the time but I'm convinced there's "something" to all of this now. In hindsight, what I was doing before feels like the artificial thing, like I was blocking out everything good and forcing myself to ignore it.

While I don't think I want to follow any strict doctrine or join any one church all the way, I still think Christ makes Christianity spiritually and philosophically unique. It's like Christianity burst through to the next level that most religions don't make it to.
>>
>>36817013
mormon, raised in it. haven't gone to church in a while though.
>>
File: Heresy.jpg (36KB, 413x569px) Image search: [Google]
Heresy.jpg
36KB, 413x569px
>>36817427
>>36817414
What's with the non-practicing Christians all of the sudden?
>>
You idiots are not religious.

If you believe in your faith, but have the audacity to post here about it, you are simply just trying to uphold an image.

You are worst than atheists
>>
>>36817013
I'm not religious, but I do believe some of core christian dogma minus Christ deity.
>>
>>36817013
agnostic but i respect christians for their morality.
>>
File: 1493871897978.jpg (207KB, 700x933px) Image search: [Google]
1493871897978.jpg
207KB, 700x933px
None
I came to it when I realised how idiotic it was to believe in any form of organised religion
>>
>>36817427
same here.

I do believe it, I just don't care anymore. It sucks, senpai.
>>
Secular Buddhist. After I dropped the last thing i was holding on to from Christianity (the concept of an afterlife), I was effectively a blank slate and decided that I would spend my time exploring without any biases. Eventually, I found that Buddhism was the philosophical path that led me to the most gratification and peace, and I've never had a reason to stop thinking that, so here I am.
>>
I have no religion but thinking of converting to Catholicism or Orthodox. Choosing a denomination is hard.
>>
>>36817013
Lutheran. Raised in small, lonely town but brought to a particularly diverse city.
>>
>>36817013
Nailing a person that way will harm the Ulnar Artery, when not completely sealed by the nail this will led to death by bleeding out. That's why crusified people tend to be nailed throught the palms or just bound to the cross by rope to prolong their suffering.

Eastern Orthodox Christian just like you OP. Born with it, parents weren't overly religious and stuff, but sticking to it just felt right.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.