[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

A Feel I Didn't See Coming

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: LeSadMemeFrog.jpg (11KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
LeSadMemeFrog.jpg
11KB, 480x360px
>Sort of bored, decide I'll read some autistic short stories or fan fiction or something
>Specifically want to read something inspired by oldschool 90s anime
>Go to Fictionpress, under the "Manga" genre
>Go to the last page in reverse chronological order. Stories written in 2000, inspired by anime
>Aww shit, this is gonna be hilarious!
>Despite how cheesy and corny all the stories are, they remind me of a simpler time
>All the stories are vaguely similar tales of young Japanese school kids that get super powers with their friends
>All of them remind me of what it was like to walk home after school with my friends in middle school
>That time is forever lost
>It will never be the same.
>>
>>36807909
Also
>Anime used to be about tough guys training to prepare for battle and people blasting each other with machinegun mounted dino tanks. It used to be about some dumbass having a harem of cute alien bitches trying to suck his pickle.

>Now it's about trying to get away with as much CG shit as possible.
>>
>>36808189
I hate how everything uses flash now. Fuck. I wanna go back
>>
I always see people shitting on others for having "nostalgia", but I never actually see anyone provide a solution. I honestly miss certain aspects of the way things used to be, and though I know I'm looking through a majority of it with rose tinted glasses, I can't help but to wonder what things would be like if we didn't get rid of everything as soon as it's deemed "inefficient" by some marketing team.

I really like having Netflix and YouTube at my disposal, but I really miss Blockbuster.

The internet is great and all, but I really miss the "world wide web" of the early 2000s. I love looking up facts on any given show's wiki page, but what about the fan driven "shrine" sites that used to be everywhere?
>>
File: bike-field3.png (578KB, 1200x798px) Image search: [Google]
bike-field3.png
578KB, 1200x798px
I've been rewatching the beginning of Furi Kuri (up until the title credit) a lot lately. It makes me think about how much promise life has when you're young, and how you hope that youth like Naota really do make it in the future, and don't just end up aimless, hopeless, and unhappy like yourself.

It's the kind of optimism you always hear about that supposedly saturated the late 90's, early 00's. Sure, you could foresee some bumps in the road up ahead, but the future has hardly ever seemed so bleak as it is now.
>>
>>36809316
It's a very comfy show and the late 90s and early 00 were full of them. Seemed like that time was just going to go on forever but it didn't.
>>
>>36807909
Similar feel op. Started watching Urusei Yatsura and it's one of the comfiest anime I've ever watched. It takes me back to a time when I was a kid getting up early on Saturday to watch cartoons and then later pretending to reenact all the crazy scenes with my brothers and this show has an aesthetic that takes me back. It doesn't have the crazy scenes from Dragonball but the aura it gives off is something of just pure happiness and innocence. That crazy things can happen everyday and that life is a mystery.
>>
>>36807909
At least it isn't your Last Surprise.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.