[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it possible for the Internet to ever become separate from

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: Newgrounds.jpg (48KB, 300x300px)
Newgrounds.jpg
48KB, 300x300px
Is it possible for the Internet to ever become separate from IRL again? Will we ever see the old Internet come back?
>>
>>36805843
Be the change you want to be. If that means bringing back edgy culture do it.
>>
No. All the content creators realized they don't have to do shit for free anymore, so you'll be stuck with obscure message boards and chat sites
>>
>>36806150
>the
those are the best parts of the internet anyways. i loved the internet before all the normies
>>
>>36806150
Commercialization killed the old internet.
>>
Was it ever truly separate?

I think the current problems stem from the monetization of content. It appears that nobody is really making anything for the fuck of it anymore, and if they are it's relegated to obscurity amass a wash of semi-corporate content. Also there's way more content to sift through at this time. I would be hard pressed to imagine Newgrounds getting 300 hours of flash animation uploaded per day at its peak, but youtube is getting 300 hours uploaded per minute.
>>
>>36806318
I haven't used newgrounds in years but did they even pay the content creators (anything like some of the ad revenue) or was it just something people did for free
>>
>>36806472
I don't recall Krinkels every saying he got money from Madness Combat. He deserves a shit ton of money for making that series. Imagine....all of that was just himself, spending hundreds of hours making each animation.
>>
>>36806567
He was just doing it for fun in his spare time then, but nowadays nobody would want to literally spend hundreds of hours doing something for free
>>
>>36806662
That's capitalism for you. Internet content has been commodified.
>>
>>36806717
>do something you like
>do it for free
>still have to have a job on top just to make ends meet which takes precedence over your side project
Vs
>do something you like
>get paid doing it
>can divert all your attention and effort into it
I'm sure every single content creator prefers the new way
>>
1990 - 2020 (maybe 2030) will be considered a Golden Age

Governments will take control and monitor everything you do. They already do, they just don't admit it. The next step is where they admit it and openly log everyone and investigate everything. You will have a national ID and need to sign onto the internet with your real name to even access it, same way you need a school or work login for most schools and jobs.
>>
>>36806842
It turns it into a job though, which makes them not enjoy it as much.

A YouTuber I used to like (Wings of Redemption/Jordie Jordan) touched on this fact a while ago.
>>
>>36806924
Alright then they can quit the job and go make their content for free then
>>
>>36806889
>1990-2007

FTFY.
>>
>>36806889
At that point I would just say fuck it and just play offline vidya to pass the time instead of doing this.
>>
File: package.jpg (298KB, 1113x688px) Image search: [Google]
package.jpg
298KB, 1113x688px
>>36806889
Which package can I offer you sir?
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.