[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Job Help

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 10

File: image.jpg (82KB, 512x734px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
82KB, 512x734px
Is there a way to get pic related without networking? No jobs on Craigslist in my metro area meet this criteria, but someone on another thread said most jobs aren't even listed today, but are doled out through networking.
>>
I usually find them on the website. I'm not sure how monster and indeed work but surely ins better to apply on the site so it looks like you chose them specifically instead of shotgunning yourself out and accepting the first one to reply. I like to leave myself room to negotiate pay and it's important to keep the upper hand.
>>
Just go into offices around you and ask if they need data entry guys.
>>
>>36801338
how do you find these companies in the first place though? no listing in my area meets this criteria but I know these jobs exist. I'm not even actually looking for that high pay, minimum wage would be completely fine.
>>
>>36801384
>no listing in my area meets this criteria
that's because your metro area is shit I'm sorry anon
>>
>>36801360
>is there a way to do this without networking
>yeah you can approach and boldly talk to random strangers and make yourself vulnerable
yeah that sounds much better
>>
>>36801420
It's in the top 10 largest metro areas in the country. i know there has to be a job here that meets this description, but it isn't being listed for some reason.
>>
>>36801436
Well fuck lad, I don't know. Just deal with the social pain for a few brief moments and then you get the job.
>>
>>36801298
I get paid $15 as a computer technician. I'm very underpaid.

Anyway, I got it from doing computer retail. So do the retail of the job you want. Plumbing? Do home depot. Supply chain Mgmt? Do Walmart.
>>
>>36801472
I can't talk to strangers without mumbling and looking suicidal. I have put myself through intense social pain and have never been able to overcome it. I would take the pain one more time though if I thought it would get me the job but no one is gonna be open to a guy that is socially retarded and offers unsolicited services. They have to be introduced to me by email when they're already looking for people, then maybe they'll forgive my social retardation when I'm already there and they know how fast I type.
>>
>>36801298
I'm a mailman OP
11GBP per hour
Don't have to talk to anyone cause I'm outside alone delivering letters
>>
I would literally suck someone's cock for a data entry job because that sounds ideal for me. I can handle most stuff if I'm allowed to listen to music while I do it. My last job involved packing fish and I didn't like it it but it was bearable until they told me I couldn't listen to music anymore.
>>
>>36801615
>tfw can't drive
I'd love to do it but I take the bus everywhere and I assume that's a deal breaker.
Mummy has never let me drive her car or paid for driving school. If I get a job I can pay for my own classes and then buy a car, but I have to get a job first. This is actually my main motivation for getting a job tbqhwyf
>>
You let me know if you ever figure that one out OP.
Jobs acquired through networking are a byproduct of women entering the workforce. Women only care if their coworkers/subordinate "click" with them, so they get referrals from trusted gal pals. Men just care about results and will hire whoever is qualified.
Obviously moderate-to-high skill fields are protected from this somewhat but low skill jobs that a monkey can do are not since it doesn't matter that much.
Obviously most people on this board are neither high skilled or good at networking.
>>
>>36801384

I've never had any interest, it sounds like a miserable job. I would try hospitals for transcription jobs. Pajeets are too lazy to even talk right and use these bizarre ass terms for common tools. I guess third world med schools are a few decades behind when it comes to equipment. One wanted to take out a chest tube and asked for a kelley clamp. No clue what that is but I grabbed a suture kit and a couple hemostats and let him figure it out. He does everything wrong anyway. I fucking hate residents.
>>
>>36801453
literally go to any job site and look up data entry.

all you really have to do for most (there are some exceptions like data entry for medicines) is taking a typing test. As long as you don't type like a mongoloid it's easy as fuck. Most places are expecting people who type pretty damn slow compared to nerds who use the computer all day
>>
>>36801940
>Women only care if their coworkers/subordinate "click" with them
this... is actually true.
>>
>>36802047
all the data entry jobs that are listed in my area require social interaction by phone or teamwork. as i said, i want one that meets the criteria of the pic in the OP.
>>
Just become a cashier OP.
>>
>>36802524
As I've said elsewhere in the thread I can't talk to strangers.
>>
>>36801708
good luck anon, just remember on the road everyone else is an idiot
>>
>>36801708

Driving school stopped being funny years ago along with finger boxes and to singles policies. Try a new meme to shitpost with instead of this same tired content.
>>
>>36801940
You know I was raised pretty liberal, but, when it comes to women at least, I have become a hardcore traditionalist. Treating women like our equals has only resulted in a decaying society, as it did with Rome. Apparently it's made women unhappier too, not that I care, although maybe because the shitty women I've met are the product of this unnatural society. Maybe I would grow to love and care for the women who were raised in a more natural environment.
>>
>>36802700
Well it's my reality. It's not a meme to me.
How the fuck else should I learn to drive?
>>
>>36802859

I don't know, with a book like everyone else? Play Mario kart? It's not a rocket ship. It's two buttons and a steering wheel, that's less complicated than an NES controller. I never even read the 40 page booklet before I got my license. It's just common sense. Anyone who needs boating school to drive should not be allowed to get a license.
>>
>>36802834
you don't have any value so you are less than a woman anyways.
>>
>>36802961
Ok well I'm gonna shill out a few bucks to have someone supervising me, just to be extra safe. Don't know why this makes you so mad.
>>
>>36803079
>ass blasted woman detected
I never said women didn't have VALUE in any case, I just think it hasn't done anyone any good to let them to have the same FREEDOM as men.
>>
>>36803118
>i-i never said anything about value! it doesn't matter if i am completely worthless cancer on society
those WYMYN are the dregs of society amirite
>>
>>36803181
But I really didn't say anything about value, I just said it hasn't done society any good to let women have completely free reign. They have tremendous value but it needs to be channeled, so to speak.
You however compared my value to a woman's as though I brought up women's value when that wasn't the issue, so my response making the distinction between what I actually said and your interpretation of what I said was appropriate.
>complete worthless cancer on society
I have a a hospital job, so I'm doing something.
>>
>look for data entry jobs
>"required 2 years experience data entry"
>"(insert computer certificate or degree) required"
It's just typing in fucking data! Why would anyone need any kind of college, or experience doing it? Just be fast at typing should be the only requirement.
I've been thinking of lying and say I have experience doing it, but I never knew how much I can get away with lying on a resume.
>>
>>36803299
Why are you taking the bait, is what I want to know?
>>
>>36803303
>I've been thinking of lying and say I have experience doing it, but I never knew how much I can get away with lying on a resume.
IKTF
It's probably something that was easier to get away with a few decades ago but is damn near impossible now.
>>
>>36803303
Maybe it's to discourage casuals.
Apply anyway and see what happens.
>>
>>36802834
>I was raised pretty liberal
Well you could have fooled me, Deputy Dipshit.
>>
>>36803625
>Deputy Dipshit
>Tumblr: The Insult
>>
>>36803649
>memelord: the meme
>>
>>36802319
all jobs require social interaction. you're a dipshit. data entry is data entry. day to day you'll do what your pic says. sometimes you report. if you want to avoid all communication, make your own company.
>>
>>36803303
you'd be surprised how easy it is to not be paying attention and fuck up data entry.
>>
>>36801298

This job is piss easy to get. Most anons aren't completely retarded and can learn moderate proficiency in microsoft excel + office in a few weeks. If you do that you can do a shitty little test to get the certificates for both. These certificates actually look stupidly amazing on resumes for how little effort you really need to obtain them. They basically just say, "Yeah I can do data entry and general office tasks that all your middle age employers have to call IT to figure out everytime". If you get those certs, you can go around handing out applications for "Data Entry Clerk" positions to any relevant company (read: 99%) and you'll get one eventually.
I had a job like that before, paid better though. What I was hired for was retarded how easy it was to complete. It was expected to take 4-5 months so I was hired to complete it in that amount of time and depending how I did get hired full on or not. I literally completed the entire project within 2-3 weeks then dicked around on reddit and listening to podcasts for the rest of my time. I'd go in and browse the internet for the entire day. I was basically living the NEET lifestyle while doing nothing. I wasn't even amazing at it, I just knew how to do things in bulk/better organized much more efficiently that can be easily learned
>>
>>36803698
Guy in the pic sounds like virtually no social interaction is required of him
>>
>>36803962
Did you have to interact with anyone constantly?
>>
>>36804003

In my case I was taken on for one particular job for myself. I'd only interact with my supervisor to keep him updated every couple weeks, most times it being through super short emails. My job was basically to reorganize the existing data for a large project and input older data from paper files. Grab a stack of folders, go through them all day looking for the same keywords, input the numbers I found, then grab a new stack.

If I wanted to be a total aspie recluse I could probably have pulled off going 99% of my time having zero interaction with anyone.
>>
>>36803962
>If you do that you can do a shitty little test to get the certificates for both.
where do you take the test for that? is it entirely online or do you have to trek over to some local microsoft center like a retard
>>
>>36804112
Alright, thanks for the info family fun center
>>
I'll never understand what is so unbearable about social interaction to you guys.
>>
>>36801436
You know there's an interview right?
>>
File: image.jpg (100KB, 1136x640px)
image.jpg
100KB, 1136x640px
>>36804360
Great, move along then, Norman.
>>
>>36804360
the more social interaction a job requires the higher the chance of a catastrophic spaghetti spill which leads to firing and having to get a new job
>>
File: teeth.jpg (26KB, 564x423px) Image search: [Google]
teeth.jpg
26KB, 564x423px
>>36802700
>mfw you have to go to mandatory driving school to get your licence
>mfw there are anual taxes just for owning a car
>mfw there are anual taxes just for havin a home
>mfw you need a licence to work at anything
>mfw guns are absolutely banned
>mfw Americans are soo free they cant even believe this
Don't be born in Brasil
>>
>>36804586
America is catching up to Brazil in these respects, as well as the racial blending into mush with the RICH whites living in gated communities.
>>
File: it's-gourds-only.jpg (306KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
it's-gourds-only.jpg
306KB, 1024x576px
>>36804548
well also involuntary mumbling and inability to maintain eye contact.
>>
>>36804856
Don't let it happen.
>>
Why work data entry? Why not set your sights on something a little higher?
>>
>>36805125
the prospect of isolation
>>
>>36805125
Because aspiration is a normalfag concept.
>>
>>36805125
Most people on this board, at least the true robots, aren't qualified for anything higher, due to our intellectual, emotional, or social limitations.
>>
Could you make a living if you like, go to yard sales or garage sales, or storage auctions and buy stuff, then make an ebay account and sell the stuff you get irl, online?

I've been thinking about doing this. I'm sick of fucking working retail or food service and I'd rather try to make money on my own than have some bitch manager telling me what to do
>>
>>36805125

the average robot doesn't care much for affluence. the prospect of working alone is enough, and data entry jobs pay more than enough for a low-maintenance robot.
>>
>>36803962

You need to answer this >>36804192
>>
>>36805628

my grandfather does that. he and my grandmother have gone to yard sales every saturday for 40 or so years.

my grandfather is a multi-millionaire partly due to this. but you really gotta have an eye for what's valuable and what's not.
>>
>>36801298
I do basically the same thing except I get paid $32/hour.
>>
>>36805125
Those jobs require you to ace multiple interviews.
>>
>>36804586
There are states where you don't need to take a driver's course if you're over 18.
>>
Data entry jobs are likely to become automated within the next decade, just FYI.
>>
Just go on welfare. I was a libertarian but I realized I'd never get a job and just had to abandon these principles. It's amazing what you can live with when you're desperate. I feel no shame.
>>
File: image.jpg (137KB, 960x702px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
137KB, 960x702px
>data entry
I already stare at a computer screen and enter information in all day anyway. Probably an easy enough job to transition into.
Thanks for the idea OP. And there is actually one listed that meets the criteria of your pic where I live.
>>
File: image.jpg (42KB, 506x608px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
42KB, 506x608px
>apply for 5 entry level data entry jobs
>can type 80 wpm with 99.7% accuracy, proficient in Excel and other related programs
>can't get hired because all the jobs require telephone communication
>mfw at least 2 of them would actually be more efficient if you scrapped that part of it and the incompetency of whoever is running the company cost me a job
>>
File: 1489976035196.gif (14KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
1489976035196.gif
14KB, 633x758px
>>36804867
yeah, pajama sam nigga!
>>
>>36801514
What kind of shitty advice is this?
>Want a restaurant, work in Burger King.
>>
>>36806043
>he fell for the automation meme
>>
>>36805350
this right here.
why anyone would get a real job when an isolated one is available is beyond me.
>>
File: image.jpg (41KB, 340x340px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
41KB, 340x340px
>>36806043
>data entry
>automated
Thanks for the laugh
>>
>quit fast food job because anxiety was too overwhelming, even after hours it lingered
>read this thread
>sounds like a good career
>look on craigslist
>only one that requires no social interaction is over an hour away
It's just not fair reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
>>
File: image.jpg (20KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
20KB, 250x250px
>>36801298
Just go on NEETbux you raging faggot.
>>
Should I bother making a Linkedin if I have absolutely zero contacts? I keep hearing that I should make one, but I don't know whether having 0 connections would do more harm than good.
>>
>>36801360
>just walk into offices and ask if they need data entry guys

did you really listen to the boomers that said just walk into a store and ask the manager in the job 'with a firm handshake and look him in the eye'

are you fucking retarded
Thread posts: 77
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.