[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mental hospital

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: 1473270593921.gif (1MB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
1473270593921.gif
1MB, 680x680px
This is the last thread I will make before I return for as little as three weeks and as long as several months to the local mental hospital.

I've got nothing to do so AMA.

I have been admitted 3 (three) times before,
this will thus be the fourth time
>>
what the hell are you getting admitted for?
it's voluntary, right?
>>
>>36800618
I was on a form for like a week at another hospital, and yes it's voluntary. My psychosis and depression are both getting worse and I don't want to end up just another young suicide. Don't want to end up batshit crazy either. i can elaborate on the depressive and psychotic symptoms if you want anon, though depression is a pretty straightforward and boring, albeit very shitty to suffer from, mental illness..
>>
>>36800472
What do you do in a mental hospital, can you play video games
>>
How do you gather the courage to do it? I'm on the brink of suicide and I can't take it anymore, but I don't see the point in going to a mental hospital.
>>
>>36800837
Yep, at this one at least. They have a ps3. Mostly just play pool or music with other patients, and talk a lot. I owe any social skills I've got to previous admissions, because it's so few people on the ward and you can't help but get to know them all at least a little bit. I was a major autismo anxious wreck before, after my anxiety is almost gone, except for the anxiety from the fucking government tampering with my head and sending me messages and shit.

>>36800871
Courage to go to a mental hopsital or courage to end it?
>>
>>36800913
Courage to go to a mental hospital. It's easier to kill myself than do that.
>>
>>36800759
whats your psychotic symptons?
>>
>>36800971
Well anon, being the sperg that I am, I was unable to tell my parents (I live with them obviously, we're all neets here) in person so I put my problems down in writing, slipped it under their door one night and got admitted the next evening. It's that easy. If you live on your own, just go to your GP and tell him you think you might an hero, he will probably give you a letter of recommendation to go to a psych ward or mental hospital. Best of luck man, it's hard as fuck to get over these mental illnesses but it's apparently possible, even when you think you're out of hope, just remember that other people with non-meme depression, people who were in hospitals for YEARS, have recovered and now lead normal lives.

>>36801037
Auditory hallucinations (sounds, voices, etc),intense paranoia, belief that I have supernatural powers (mind reading, psychic powers, etc.), belief that people (the government) are out to get me, recieving messages from mundane events, writings, people or things. Today I was told by some signs in a supermarket that my doctors want to eat me alive, so I'm reluctant about going back there but I want to die anyways desu so I'll take my chances.
>>
>>36801160
Is it like a shift? like sometimes you are totally normal and the next day you belive some strange shit?
anyways good luck with your stuff man this shithole of a community needs interesting people like you to make interesting threads
>>
>>36801226
Yeah usually when I'm distracted, I'm fine or just have those thoughts in the background no very distressing, but when I leave the house, or am away from my parents, the strange thoughts get worse. I forgot to mention, I also get these shitty fucking intrusive thoughts that I figure are planted there by the government. The NWO is behind this shit man, that's the only way I can justify it to myself. Anyways, the intrusive thoughts are like voices INSIDE my head that I don't want there, that tell me to hurt, maim, kill or otherwise harm animals, people or myself. Sorry if my train of thought is hard to follow by the way, that can happen sometimes with us schizos.
>>
I went two times. How is your experience with psychiatrists? I think some were alright but there's also some cold-hearted people there.
The care workers or whatever the heck you call them were much nicer.

I have similar symptoms as you except for the auditory hallucinations. And I have stuff that is more like bipolar disorder which made them think I might have that instead (or schizoaffective). Do you also have visions? I think only those were fun and interesting, though some were visions of the past and very fucked up.

Good luck!
>>
>>36801319
damn man that must suck, thanks for answering my questions anon and gl. hopefully you will get better
>>
>>36801337
Man, some of them are stone cold psychopaths. Some do genuinely want to help though. The care people/staff/whatever are nicer because most of them have either suffered from mental illness or have perfectly happy lives and have no reason to be mean or frigid, that's my two cents at least.

I'm diagnosed as schizoaffective, do you have manic phases? I used to see shadow people back when I was smoking lots of weed yeah. What sort of visions do you get, if you don't mind me asking?

Good luck to you as well, hope you make a full recovery some day, hopefully sooner rather than later!

>>36801404
Yeah I guess it gets more manageable as you get used to it so I'll probably make it in the end. you're welcome, and thanks for the kind words duder. I hope so too.
>>
>>36801160
how can you trust the mental hospital if you know the government is out for you
>>
>>36801468
>What sort of visions do you get, if you don't mind me asking?
Visions of the future. They tied in with illusions of grandeur. I envisioned a palace with me becoming the king of my nation and getting three wives.
Sometimes I get some scientific revelations usually they are bullshit of course but it is fun when I read papers or books and they are confirmed or close to being true.
>do you have manic phases?
My psychosis usually starts with being euphoric after that it crashes into anxiety. I also had a time in which I bought a lot of military books I now have no idea what to do with (though they are good quality).

My second psychosis was more managable. I feel like I can control it better. I turned out tv and radio because I knew that I would think that it is directed to me personally. And some thoughts I can think away.
>>
>>36801493
I don't, but on my first admission I was so out of it with psychosis that I was 100% sure they were going to kill me in my bed or poison my meds.

I figured I had nothing to lose if I told them what I thought because I was like, fuck, they'll kill me anyways, and if they try something worse than that I can always kill myself.

I didn't die obviously so I trust the doctors out of rationality now, my gut still says I shouldn't trust them but nothing bad has happened yet.

Hopefully those cunts don't eat me this time around. And honestly, I'm so depressed that I would commit suicide right now if I didn't know I am being locked up in a safe place in a couple days.

What it gets down to, my man, is that in the past, my delusions were wrong, they were just that, delusions, and realizing that made me indifferent with them, allowing me to spill my beans on request. I don't care if they kill me, I just don't want to suffer when they kill me, ya know?

Plus, the government is the second level of power, below the Jewish NWO only, so they can basically do whatever they want to to me and I'm powerless. That realization curbed my fear a bit. Still a bit afraid to die even if I want it but oh well, hopefully I get killed, get cured, or an hero and get over that fear.
>>
>>36801630
Damn man, that's shitty. I'm glad you're managing though, best of luck!!

Any other questions before you go friendo?
>>
>>36801826
How is your experience with medication and what are you taking?
I take zyprexa and first it caused me to sleep half the day. I have taken the antidepressant fenlafaxin(?) retard and never want to take those again. They caused me to feel like a zombie and when I ceased to take them I had intense nightmares I still have sometimes.
>>
>>36801884
not sure about how to spell most of these but abilify and ciprolex mainly. seraquil to sleep sometimes. propranalol to curb restlessness and shakes. they had me on prozac for like 5 months, did fuck all for my mood. So far the abilify is working kind of well, fewer psychotic symptoms, they still happen though, which is why I'm quitting weed, makes my brain go worse.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.