[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What did /r9k/ think of this?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_0048.jpg (16KB, 182x268px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0048.jpg
16KB, 182x268px
What did /r9k/ think of this?
>>
>>36795633
It's just something for attention whoring edgy roasties to ""relate"" to. Anybody who is genuinely depressed enough to kill themselves wouldn't purposefully make themselves the center of attention.
>>
Never saw it, only the faggotry from the media about teen suicide idealation
>>
normie trash with terrible acting
>>
>>36795633
> Pretty girls and handsome boys have ugly people's feelings
No.
>>
I feel like I've heard so much about it I already know about the show so watching the actual show is pointless.
>>
>>36795718
It's more like
> Characters are obviously meant to be ugly in the script/plot
> They choose model tier young actors to play them
You should be used by now. When was the last time you saw a teen flick with ugly actors in leading roles?
>>
File: dle.png (110KB, 218x227px) Image search: [Google]
dle.png
110KB, 218x227px
>>36795718
I really wonder why dont cast ugly people for something like this
Much more people could relate to this.
Otherwise normies:
>muhh depression
>>
>>36795633
Last weekend a kid at the highschool I went to killed himself and in the local news they said his parents have lawyers contacting the producers of the show and apparently selena gomez is part of the production of the show and she might be coming to speak at our local highschool.
>>
File: IMG_0023.png (95KB, 857x505px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0023.png
95KB, 857x505px
>>36795633
>be dumb roastie slut
>kill yourself when you fuck up your own life
>blame everyone else
>>
>>36795788
Should mention his parents are suing because he watched the show.
>>
>>36795633

the show was fucking boring. I made a long ass review about it that I don't care to find but basically

it is a dumb teen drama that introduces nothing new; don't waste your time.
>>
>>36795840
Can I read it?
>>
>>36795633
God awful (insert any aspect of a tv show here)
>>
it's just some mashed up bullshit netflix threw together because it fit into their stats. netflix has a shitload of stats about what people are watching, and this show hits all the marks for what was trendy at the time it was being produced.

i dont blame netflix for doing that because it makes perfect sense, but it's just not working because every show they've developed is a piece of shit
>>
It's YA shit for teenage girls who aren't quite capable of understanding subtle themes, strong characters or skillful prose.
It's on the same level as Hunger Games or Harry Potter. You can watch it or read it but you'd have to be an idiot to be satisfied with it.
>>
>>36796012
Stranger Things wasn't shit, I don't know about any of their other shows though.
>>
>>36796012
>it's just some mashed up bullshit netflix threw together because it fit into their stats.
It's an adaptation of a book numb-nuts. Do your research before posting.
>>
>>36796056
which fit into what was trendy.... why do you think they picked it?
>>
>>36795809
Kek, the show really did portray suicide as a good way to get back at others. Still bullshit for the parents to get anything, no one with good, loving parents ever kills themselves.
>>
>>36795789

Is that really the plot to the show?

jesus christ...
>>
>>36795633
I liked it a lot, they do pretty interesting things with the characters and handle the overarching theme pretty well. In my life it wasn't just a couple of really shitty things that ever put me in a void but multiple shitty things of varying degrees that tore at me bit by bit and made it that much harder for me to deal with the big things.

Hannah meeting the head poetry club guy on her way to send the tapes to the post office and silently rejecting his friendly invitation was a good touch. If it weren't for that gay kid she'd at least still have an outlet, that one thing that helps her through the effects of what happened to her, but she doesn't even have that, she's been shown that if she let out how she really felt she'd be made a spectacle of, a joke to be passed around. That one scene(along with the rest of the show) really shows how the tiny things all add up to create this seemingly inescapable pit and I appreciate the show for that. The entire series was a pretty cathartic and close to home as a whole even if the problems were pretty different from my own.

That said, the ending sucked, stop baiting for second seasons you filthy NetflixJews, let the work stand on its own for once.
>>
>>36796603
It's an extremely simplified version of it filled with misinterpretations and lies, yes.
>>
Tyler was the only character that seemed like a robot. Was actually bullied by pretty much all the characters. Had zero friends. Was looked down upon more than even a rapist. At least he is preparing for the beta uprising.

Everyone else is a chad, stacy, attention whoring roastie, or a white knight. I.e. normies.
>>
>>36797267
Yeah he was the only robot but he was also a stalker and a voyeur with no sense of personal boundaries or self-awareness, pretty terrible person.

Clay could pass as a cyborg I guess, being an introverted schizo.
>>
so bad I couldn't get through the first episode
>>
>>36797544
It gets better when more characters are introduced. The main protagonists become less obnoxious too.
>>
>>36796036
Stranger things was shit - not only was the acting terrible (WTF Winona Ryder?), but the characters did completely illogical, stupid things and it was already done better in its original form (i.e., any classic 80s sci-fi movie).
Seriously, I have no idea why so many people went nuts for the horrible 'member berry mess that was that show.
>>
girles have it bade too DXX the show
>>
>>36795633
I CAN'T EVEN ESCAPE THIS SHIT HERE?? CHRIST.
>>
>>36795633
this a movie? seen this posted a lot
>>
>>36795633
>What does /r9k/ think of this YA novel adaption for teenage girls?

What the fuck do you think?
>>
just started watching this because of you fags. why is the mom like OMG WHY IS THERE NO STICKERS IN MY LOCKER! WHY !! :( stupid show so far
>>
>>36795633
Ironically, the girl was supposed to survive the suicide in the novel.
>>
>>36799727

Her reaction when she walked in on her daughter, dead, in a bathtub full of her own blood-water, was "Oh". And then she ran up to her dead corpse and held her and started going "It's gonna be okay, honey! Your gonna be okay, sweetie! Your okay!".

Then her dad walked in and was like "HANNAH!!!!! NOOOOO!!!!"
>>
>>36795633
I'm betting 20 bucks it's just more cultural marxism and virtue signaling of degenerated behaviors.
>>
>>36796012
dare devil was really good
>>
>>36800471
The mom is a "things should be" person, the dad is a "things are" person.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.