[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you think Suicide is a cowardly way to go? My dad thinks so.

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: 62726871_p0.png (5KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
62726871_p0.png
5KB, 500x500px
Do you think Suicide is a cowardly way to go? My dad thinks so.
>>
I'm a coward.
If it was a cowardly way to go I would have killed myself already
>>
>>36795470
i think its honorable
>>
>>36795470
Your dad is wrong.
Most people are cowards, yet they don't kill themselves.
>>
>>36795470
I don't think it's cowardly but I don't believe in it. The way I see it, I know I at least exist while I'm alive but if I become an hero who knows what happens. I would rather take my chances and let life play out first
>>
What does bravery or cowardice have to do with being so tired you can't go on anymore? Is this how some normalfags unironically think of suicide?
>>
>>36795470
Age old meme desu. Must have been cunts like Hitler who gave it the negative connotation.
>>
Nobody thinks suicide is cowardly. It's just something they say out of selfishness to prevent someone from doing what they really want.
>>
>>36795470
Suicide has only been frowned upon because the ruling class knows that without the cheap labor, their lavish lifestyles could never be possible, so rather than making the life of the working man worth living (something that would require the "elite" to have the SLIGHTEST bit of empathy, something they are practically incapable of), they stigmatized suicide to trap the working man in servitude for his entire life.
>>
Ran Prieur just had a small update about this.

http://www.ninebandedbooks.com/bandedbooks/every-cradle-is-a-grave/
>>
>>36795470
Actually killing yourself takes some balls. I don't think it is if the person is genuinely depressed enough to do it. They are basically handicapped if they are at that point. If it's a roastie threatening to do it for attention because Chad beat and abandoned her again then I have no sympathy.
>>
>>36795470
Cowardly? as opposed to accepting misery fearing death?
That's a riot.
>>
>>36795470
It doesn't matter if you're fuckin dead innit?
Your dad only says that because he doesn't want to clean up your corpse. He's the real coward.
>>
It is cowardly, go out like a man or don't die at all.
>>
This quote always resonated deeply with me when it comes to 'justifying' suicide.
>>
Pretty rational that if you hate life you'd want to stop living.
Does he have a better solution?
>>
My dad thinks so too. I just don't get it. He also claims to have never had a suicidal thought. That I really don't understand. As far as I can tell, questioning you existence in such a way seems like it's an essential part of being human.
>>
I was on the brink of suicide just 18 months ago. Now my life is way better.

I do however understand exactly what it feels like to contemplate suicide so I'm not here to persuade you in any direction.

I'm just saying.
>>
The difference between a non-suicide and an ex-suicide leaving the house for work, at eight o'clock on an ordinary morning:

The non-suicide is a little traveling suck of care, sucking care with him from the past and being sucked toward care in the future. His breath is high in his chest.

The ex-suicide opens his front door, sits down on the steps, and laughs. Since he has the option of being dead, he has nothing to lose by being alive. It is good to be alive. He goes to work because he doesn't have to.
>>
>>36795687
Yes, do everything in your power to improve life, instead of waiting for it to get better.

And go to a Christian church. People scared for a reason.
>>
File: sena1hIsWXPD.jpg.gif (278KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
sena1hIsWXPD.jpg.gif
278KB, 600x338px
>>36795611
Saying this unironically.
Don't watch too much tv now.
What even is dying like a man? on some breathing apparatus until too many organs start failing for the hospital too fix you up?
Or fighting for muh country in some foreign land as some buffoons take it easy back home.
>>
>>36795470
It's kinda cowardly towards life, but it is contradicting, since you've got to have some balls to pull the suicide off.
>>
Your dad is using psychology to shame you for wanting to commit suicide because he's probably scared for you and doesn't want you to kill yourself.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3l2NeCiP8b8

i think this scene sums up my feelings on suicide at first it seems like they're taking the honorable path by killing themselves, but really they're just admitting defeat because the fight seems too hard, in reality the honorable path is to continue fighting until you are killed by the enemy.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.