[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

dandrumpf

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 6

File: 1488894987258.jpg (16KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1488894987258.jpg
16KB, 640x360px
HOW THE FUCK DO I END DANDRUFF

I just want to have a clean scalp that doesn't snow on my desk
>>
>>36786097
Wash all the shampoo out of your hair when you shower. Don't leave residue behind that irritates the scalp.
>>
>>36786097
Have you tried conditioner after you shampoo
>>
literally just oldspice/head and shoulders wash you retard
>>
head and shoulders shampoo helps
>>
>>36786112
>Wash all the shampoo out of your hair when you shower. Don't leave residue behind that irritates the scalp.
doesn't seem to help me, I scrub really well desu

>>36786125
>Have you tried conditioner after you shampoo
Yeah every time
I shower around every other day

>>36786141
>>36786160
Head and shoulders doesn't do shit

selsun blue worked for me but it's expensive and I want a permanent solution
>>
head & shoulders isn't just a meme
>>
have you tried buzzing your hair?
>>
>>36786204
>doesn't seem to help me, I scrub really well desu
Neutrogena Anti-Residue Shampoo
>>
File: 1492466533947.jpg (22KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1492466533947.jpg
22KB, 640x480px
>>36786097

Don't shampoo every time. You're stripping your hair of the valuable oils/sebum it uses to maintain your hair. Only shampoo once or twice a week if you must, with a sulfate, paraben, and alcohol-free shampoo. This will minimize the destruction of your scalp economy.

Use conditioner as you like, so long as it follows the same rules as the shampoo. Don't skimp out on these points, it shouldn't be that much more expensive than your regular stuff unless you're using dollar store shit. In fact, the rules are the same for skin-care products.

Don't nopoo, at least not completely. Don't do baking soda + apple cider. The scalp is not meant to have your pH fucked around with to such an extreme. You will ruin your hair, don't fall for the meme.

Do not scrape your scalp. Massage it.

Do not use hot water on your scalp (or your face, body, etc. for that matter). Use lukewarm water in the shower instead, always. Cold water is fine for afterwards.

Anyone in this thread who wants to improve their hair and even skin health, refer to these points.
>>
>>36786097
Not even shilling, but Head and Shoulders dandruff shampoo legitimately works.
>>
>>36786827
I would like to add that, just as you can condition whenever you like, feel free to wash your hair daily. In fact, I highly recommend that you do, perhaps briefly in the morning and at night before you go to bed or attend something. This will help maintain a neutral hair profile by avoiding clumping of hair oils that come from less aggressive washing.
>>
>>36786827
This guy knows his stuff, stop washing so much and using hot water, use an "organic shampoo" i just use a little dr.bronners on mine and it shines like gold.

If i don't do this i flake all over the place.
>>
use unflavored yogurt as shampoo and rinse thoroughly
>>
>>36786097
Go bald.
Shave it all of.
>>
I dealt with dandruff all throughout highschool and into college, tried head and shoulders which only made it worse, and a host of other "natural" shampoos with herbel properties for dandruff and nothing worked

Finally saw a dermatologist and she prescribed me shampoo with Ketoconazole I think thats the name of it too, and it finally after many years, ended my dandruff. Maybe it will help you OP, dandruff fucking sucks, I thought I would never see the end of it, wish I had seen a dermatologist sooner, but back then wasnt concerned with personal hygeine to that extent because I dont know
>>
take a shower and change your pillowcase
>>
Screencap my post OP because you will want to know this.

Get a cup of apple cider cinegar and mix it with water in a 1:2 ratio. Wet your scalp and dump that mix onto it. Gently massage your scalp and let the mixture clean out the gunk. The acedic acid from the vinegar is a powerful but natural way of disinfecting your scalp. Let that mixture sit for 8-10 minutes and then gently rinse it off. Shampoo your head if you want but for now on use a non sulfate based shampoo - google them.

Thank me later if you want. I used to have horrible fucking dandruff where my inch thick hair couldnt hide the red irritable spots on my scalp filled with nasty white flakes. I now rarely if ever see a flake of dandruff on me.
>>
Assuming you live in a country with decent healthcare: have you been to see a doctor about this?
>>
>>36787083

I haven't heard of Dr. Bronners. I need new shampoo, body wash, and conditioner too.

Though I understand most of the ins and outs of hair care, and know what I don't want in my products, I haven't much knowledge on what products are most suitable or potent. It's a little embarrassing, but would you share what you use?

Is this what you meant? https://www.amazon.com/Dr-Bronners-Pure-Castile-Liquid-Soap/dp/B00180DS7I/ref=pd_sim_194_4/135-0198001-9316356?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B00180DS7I&pd_rd_r=A09C8ZJDFD5MEPA4D0YF&pd_rd_w=yzheJ&pd_rd_wg=mPprJ&psc=1&refRID=A09C8ZJDFD5MEPA4D0YF

There's different smells. I think I'd like the rose one or the tea tree one.
>>
>>36787611
Yeah that's the stuff, I use the citrus soap, you can use it for hair, face and body, use it at full strength or dilute it (I don't) smells great and keeps you from getting dry skin and scalp, it seems expensive but a little goes a long way so a bottle lasts a long time, you would probably still want to get a separate conditioner though.
>>
>>36786205
>head & shoulders isn't just a meme
I haven't seen any improvement with it

And it makes my hair smell like shit

>>36787368
>Assuming you live in a country with decent healthcare: have you been to see a doctor about this?
Nah

>>36787295
I trust the guy above more than you

>>36786827
I currently use a paraben / sulfate free shampoo every few days, and conditioner occasionally

I think the issue is I may be scraping my scalp

Also I'll try to use colder water

>>36787145
Yeah if it keeps being a problem I'll see one

>>36787611
The one I use is called Jason tea tree
I really like it, smells amazing, feels really good

Then again, I do currently have dandruff... but if you don't have issues with it then I highly recommend Jason tea tree desu

They have a dandruff one acruslly, I think I might try Jason dandruff shampoo

Dr bronners is just way too fucking expensive for me
>>
>>36787654
Yeah, I just want something I can use maybe twice a week. Though, is this a multi-function product? From what I've read, you can use it on your body. I wonder how long it would last, then...

Guessing no sulfates, parabens, etc. ? The price doesn't seem high to me when you factor in the value and usage rate. Using it as bodywash would make me concerned, though. I'd worry I'd use too much too fast!

By the way, do you happen to use any full-body lotions/moisturizers? I've been meaning to try something new besides, say, Jergen's. Just want to see what I can get a lot of, cheap, with the greatest potency since I'd be doing full-body moisturizing/softening.

>>36787685
>I think the issue is I may be scraping my scalp
Yeah, that just aggravates it further. With the hot water and scraping, you're basically weakening your scalp, then ripping it apart each time.

Light massaging, very little shampoo (little > a lot). Use conditioner as needed. I've used conditioner 3-4 days ago, and my hair is still quite soft.

Jason tea tree seems alright. You probably just use more than you need. Just follow the instructions above.
>>
>>36787805
You think this would work ok?
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00I80XBMS/ref=pd_aw_fbt_194_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=DDDHBTGTEV0BJ9PN5B2X&th=1
>>
>>36786204
>selsun blue worked for me but it's expensive and I want a permanent solution
Try the generic knock-offs. I found Target's brand is more effective than Head and Shoulders, so it might be comparable to Selsun Blue.
>>
>>36787836
I don't think you really need a brush. When I said "massaging", I meant using the soft fleshy bases of your fingers. It doesn't even have to be that deep. Shouldn't be too aggressive.

I haven't tried them myself, but if they don't scrape, I'd imagine they'd be okay with gentle use.
>>
>>36787805
>is this a multi-function product?
yes I use it on hair, body and face.
most of the regular stuff in your average store is a rip off, they sell all these different body washes, shampoos, conditioners, hand soap when it's all sodium laurel sulfate, dyes and fragrances which are harsh on your body, the average consumer doesn't do research and read labels so they buy a hundred different things that are actually the same just packaged differently, they're getting ripped off.

>Guessing no sulfates, parabens, etc
yep, it has coconut oil, olive oil, hemp oil which is why i love the stuff, I don't feel so goddamn dry when i get out and feel nice and smoooooth.

>By the way, do you happen to use any full-body lotions/moisturizers? I've been meaning to try something new besides, say, Jergen's. Just want to see what I can get a lot of, cheap, with the greatest potency since I'd be doing full-body moisturizing/softening.

I use bio oil exclusively
>>
As a hard autist that used to have this problem, I recommend trying to break off the biggest flakes you can. Do it in front of a mirror. Doesn't help it any but it's fun. Go for records.

Sometimes I miss those days. I liked that dream I once had where pretty much my entire scalp came off as one big dandruff flake.
>>
>>36787908
It's crazy how much they jam-pack into it, I'm quite impressed. Do you even use conditioner?

I use 'purity' on my face, but I think I might like to try a bottle of this stuff. How long does the largest bottle last you, though? As mentioned before, I'd worry about how much I'd use if I use it on both my hair and body.

Do you just use hand application, or something else to clear dead skin?

>Bio oil
It seems quite nice, though very expensive. I imagine it's great for treating zones in conjunction with something else like Jergen's for good 'ole excessive application. Do you get the 6.7oz one? How long does it last you?
>>
>>36786097
2% ketoconazole shampoo

It's cheap and will instantly get rid of your problem. I had severe dandruff in head and eyebrows before. Also, stop using conditioner and only use said above shampoo 2x a week.

That's it.
>>
>>36787805
About moisturizers, anon - that's one industry in which there's a lot of snake oil being sold.

Since customers are so ignorant of the science behind it (admittedly myself included, I just read an interesting post on Reddit about this a few weeks ago by a dermatologist), companies can get away with ridiculous marketing bullshit that doesn't add any value to your skin.

Every moisturizer operates exactly the same way - it covers your skin in a hydrophobic solution which prevents it from drying, "locking in" the moisture which these products contain as well. Cosmetic products are not allowed to use "transdermal" chemicals, stuff that could actually change the skin. (unless they are explicitly marked, OTC products - these will say something like "contains 2.5% *** and will clearly be a drug)

So if you see a lotion that says it contains vitamin E, or colagen, or anything else like that - it's bullshit. It doesn't do anything except seduce those who aren't aware of its effects.

The difference in all these formulations is mainly the scent and the oilyness - if it feels too oily people won't use it.

But at the base, a simple mineral oil applied after showering, when your skin is still damp, does the same thing as the most expensive lotion in whatever store you are going to, it prevents the water from leaving your skin after you shower.

So what should you use?
It doesn't matter.

But the cheapest option is probably rubbing baby oil on your skin after showering.

As an aside, I've tried this after reading that post - it works great desu, I used to have a bunch of scars from bacne but they have been fading really quickly ever since I started rubbing baby oil on them after showering

I suspect the effects of baby oil are virtually the same as that bio oil, in fact looking at bio oil, mineral oil is the top ingredient. It's just baby oil with garbage additives to make it smell nice
>>
File: 1481692713572.jpg (75KB, 650x637px) Image search: [Google]
1481692713572.jpg
75KB, 650x637px
>>36788291
Interesting. I wasn't aware of how all of these skin products worked. I suppose you can add me to the list of ignorant consumers too.

I happen to have some mineral oil I purchased a while back for guitar maintenance. I think I will go look for it and see what happens.

How much do you use? Do you rub it in? Let a visible layer stay?

Do you have the link to the subreddit/post you're referring to? I don't want you to go out of your way to hunt it down, though.

I'm feeling so enlightened now.
>>
>>36788202
>I use 'purity' on my face, but I think I might like to try a bottle of this stuff. How long does the largest bottle last you, though? As mentioned before, I'd worry about how much I'd use if I use it on both my hair and body.

well you don't have to use it on your face, you might feel the need to use something more powerful, it depends on your skin, Dr Bronners is just the less aggressive option, give it a try and see how it works.

I go through about a large bottle a month, I use a sea sponge.

>>36788202
Yeah I pretty much just use it on my face, neck,shoulders,chest, stomach and dick, I don't bother anywhere cause i don't get dry there or it doesn't matter if it's dry.

>>36788291
Vitamin a and e oil is not bullshit, I had red stretchmarks that almost completely vanished after 3 months of using bio oil, that's results i myself can verify and be happy with.

regular baby oil doesn't have A&E and it doesn't have lavender oil, rosemary oil and chamomile oil that are proven anti inflammatories.
>>
>>36788412
found the link

also I read some other posts while looking for that one, they all seem to agree - just use the cheapest shit man, it's all a marketing scam. Using baby oil works great for me, that's what I recommend

https://www.reddit.com/r/askscience/comments/67gdve/when_moisturiser_sinks_into_your_skin_what/

>how much do I use
Like 3 drops spreads across half your back
I bought a $1 travel bottle before this semester began, it's lasted me the whole 4 months
It's crazy cheap

>>36788456
Obviously I'm not an expert
But the guy in the post I linked seems to be and he disagrees
>>
>>36786097
Stop using hot water on your head.
>>
My dad used t-gel and head and shoulders both, never saw a flake.
>>
>>36788465
It depends on what you're trying to accomplish with your moisturizer, If you just want your skin to be smooth and hydrated then regular baby oil is probably fine, with bio oil i improved the look of my stretch marks, fine lines in my forehead and some blotchy uneven skin tone, I know it works and it's not a scam because i can see the results, regular baby oil doesn't do shit for that because I've tried that.

If a reddit poster was an expert on anything they wouldn't be posting on reddit, the would be a dermatologist.
>>
>>36788456
also about your scars - the reason I started putting baby oil on my back was actually because I had bacne scars. They have faded substantially in the last ~month of use.

I agree that using some type of mineral oil seems to work really well in reducing scars - if bio oil is working for you and you like it then you shouldn't change desu. But baby oil is a much cheaper option which *most likely* works just as well.

Who knows honestly, unless some medical school does a comparitive study we probably won't know for sure

but baby oil works for me.
>>
>>36788641
wait are you a pregnant woman or something?
Why the fuck do you have stretch marks
>>
>>36788456
I'll see about picking up a bottle of both the Dr. Bronners and bio-oil. I've got stretch marks I'd like to improve too. Just to clarify, though--you don't use any conditioner, just what is included in the soap itself, right?

With the cost of both shampoo and moisturizer in mind, if you only need the soap alone, that's a great deal.

>>36788465

>3 drops for your whole back

I could practically bathe myself in it then...awesome. I can only imagine how smooth I could become. I'll definitely be trying this. Very excited!

I appreciate the link, I'll bookmark it and take a solid read of it tomorrow.
>>
>>36788692
because when i hit puberty i grew to 6'4" my manlet friend ;)

>>36788722
I occasionally use a conditioner but i don't feel it's that necessary, I only take cold showers, wash my hair every third day and use the bronners so my hair doesn't get dull or dried out.
>>
Head and Shoulders didn't work for me but Selsun Blue is amazing.
>>
ok reading more about this stuff just confused me desu

It doesn't even seem like hard stuff though I bet I could be a dermatologist if med school wasn't so hard to get into
>>
>>36786097
What fixed all my hair and scalp problems was stopping shampoo and conditioner use completely.
I just wash it in warm water daily and dry it well with a microfiber towel to remove excess oil.
No more dandruff, no oily hair. My hair looks, smells, feels way way better.
>>
>>36789255
>>>36786097 (OP) (You)
>What fixed all my hair and scalp problems was stopping shampoo and conditioner use completely.
>I just wash it in warm water daily and dry it well with a microfiber towel to remove excess oil.
>No more dandruff, no oily hair. My hair looks, smells, feels way way better.
Ok
>>
I shower every day, but use shampoo every other day. If I don't do that my hair becomes greasy as fuck.
There is dandruff in my eybrows and beard too.
What do.
>>
File: 31enFbJocRL.jpg (15KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
31enFbJocRL.jpg
15KB, 500x500px
I myself suffered from a really oily and dandruffy scalp. Now I just use shikakai, amla and reetha powder mixed together into a paste and I pretty much only have to wash my hair once every 4 days now. Also use scalp brush in the pic in the shower to get all the dead skin cells off.
>>
>>36789907
>I myself suffered from a really oily and dandruffy scalp. Now I just use shikakai, amla and reetha powder mixed together into a paste and I pretty much only have to wash my hair once every 4 days now. Also use scalp brush in the pic in the shower to get all the dead skin cells off.
Thanks
>>
>>36786827
How do people only shampoo only once or twice a week? My hair gets super greasy every day
>>
File: dandruff1.jpg (50KB, 500x400px) Image search: [Google]
dandruff1.jpg
50KB, 500x400px
>>36786097
ugh, my desk is black, and i spend all-day at it. Right now, my desk is more white, than black, due to my dandruff. To stop dandruff, just shower daily (make sure to moisturize your scalp with something like Head and Shoulders). All dandruff is is just dried skin.
>>
File: YnBON8hDkYKl.jpg (47KB, 594x396px) Image search: [Google]
YnBON8hDkYKl.jpg
47KB, 594x396px
>>36792285
Well, im italian, so greese in my hair is something natural.
>>
>>36786097
>shower your hair less
>don't use hot water when washing hair
>use anti-dandruff shampoo like head and shoulder
>use anti-fungal shampoo, only have to use it like twice a week
>oil your scalp or use hair lotion

My 21 year old cousin had the same problem but nothing worked, now he's losing his hair and starting to go bald, might happen to you aswell
>>
>>36792655
i doubt the balding is related
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.