[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/R9K/ HELP ME LAND A DATE

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 2

/r9k/, this is a bit of an emergency.

I'm 28, no gf ever, lots of problems with depression, spent a few weeks in the mental hospital last year. Set up an OKCupid profile as a joke (it's a fake profile with a picture of a beer can and the text is about how much I drink) I think some girl legit wants to go on a date, we've been messaging on the OKCupid and she told me to text her.

WHAT THE FUCK DO I DO? I HAVE NEVER GOTTEN THIS FAR WITH A GIRL BEFORE. HELP ME /r9k/!!!!
>>
dude it doesn't matter what advice we give you your mental problems will ruin it for you regardless sooner or later
my advice would be to sort all that out before you involve another human in your life
>>
>>36785570
Give up. She's gonna be disappointed when she realizes you're not a beer
>>
>>36785618
I've been out of the mental institution for a year, haven't wanted to kill myself in 8 months, and have been succeeding at work. I think I'm in the position to get a gf.
>>
>>36785627
>tfw she probably thinks I am a big can of Pabst
>>
>>36785665
Yes, you're certainly a catch by any measure, imbecile
>>
2 years till wizardhood and you want to blow it? faggot normie
>>
>>36785639
good on you, really.
well then since you've already done the hard part of finding someone interested in for you, unironically just be urself, text her often and show initiative and that you care and it'll all come naturally.
but if you do still know it's there in you, like depressive states are still a possibility then please have caution because a relationship, filled with new things and dealing with the opposite sex WILL bring that depression out of you (mostly because it's new problems) so make sure you have someone that can respect that and give you what you need when you need it. don't make regrets because of a mental illness please anon.
>>
She asked my name. I told her my name and said nice to meet you. WHAT DO I SAY NOW? OH GOD HELP /r9k/!!!
>>
>>36785739
Update robots, she asked what I was looking for. I panicked and said "someone to drink a few beers with and see if we click"

Was this OK? Is it doomed? She has not texted back yet, she might be disgusted.
>>
>>36785739
>>36785763
oh jesus you made it sound like you've been chatting. how long did you talk on OKcupid?
whenever in doubt of if you're being ghosted or not, use logic. is it before 5pm where you live? maybe she's at work. the longer it takes to reply, the more logically explanations you can burn through til you're positive you dun goofed
>>
>>36785763
Update: she texted back. "I can do that"

I suggested we hit a dive bar. Now she gave me a date that's free. HOW DO I CLOSE THIS DEAL????
>>
>>36785821
We talked like 5 messages on OKCupid. It's midnight here.

Oh fuck oh fuck oh fuck I am stressed. This is the longest relationship I've ever been in.
>>
>>36785824
"Sounds great!" or "Great, I'm looking forward to meeting you!" Something along those lines
I'm happy for you, anon! Grats
>>
>>36785866
I feel like I need to suggest a bar or something? Maybe figure out where in the city she lives? Ahhh this is stressful.
>>
>>36785639
That's something to be proud of! Go get you a gf!
>>
>>36785870
Oh yeah, get the logistics down. Find someplace you're comfortable at so you'll be more at ease during the date (one less variable)
>>
Ok anons, here's where it stands. We live on opposite sides of the city. She says there's a good dive bar near her house. There's one near mine too.

WHAT DO I DO? HOW DO I CLOSE DOWN THIS DEAL? DO I JUST SAY WEDNESDAY: 7:00 PM, YOUR DIVE BAR? DO I SUGGEST THE ONE NEAR MY HOUSE SO SHE CAN COME BACK HERE AFTERWARDS? I DO NOT OWN A COUCH.
>>
>>36785909
>>36785941
Oh shit, I just realized I have a concert ticket for the day I said I'm available. Maybe invite her to the show? It's a Jesus & Mary Chain show, if you're not into the band it'd be hell.
>>
>>36785941
I'd say go to hers if she suggested it, since it shows you care about what she wants. Suggest the date/time, then ask if it also works for her (if you're not sure if it does)

If you're uncomfortable with showing her your house, maybe you'll get lucky and she'll suggest her place (since you chose her dive bar)
>>
>>36785966
Ok I'm going to tell her I like her idea of dive bar but that i'm busy that day. I will let her know I'm seeing a show that night and see if she likes the band and wants to go?
>>
>>36785966
Maybe go to the bar before the concert? Ask if she wants to go when you're with her at the bar? It would be a good conversation topic for sure
>>
>>36786009
That sounds like a good plan; you're showing her that you're interested in her choices and that you're open to spending time with her
Good plan
>>
>>36786017
Doors open at 7. I usually work until 6ish, so it's not realistic to hit the bar then the show.

>>36786042
Hopefully if she wants to see this band she already bought her own damn tickets because they're about $40.
>>
OK ANONS. THIS SATURDAY. 8:00 PM. WE GOT A DATE AND LOCATION SET. WHAT DO I DO? "Cool see you then, I'll text you Saturday to make sure we're still on?"
>>
Also what do I wear?? Please help anons.
>>
>>36786289
Something nice, but casual. Jeans, maybe a striped t-shirt with a button down to go over it.
>>
File: smug.png (294KB, 560x413px) Image search: [Google]
smug.png
294KB, 560x413px
Real talk dude: does she know the whole beer thing is a joke??

Why is a girl trying to hook up with a dude who sounds like an alcoholic? Did you two message for awhile?
>>
Do I buy condoms just in case? Fuck I am stressed.
>>
>>36786312
All my button downs are meant to be tucked in, I think I'll just wear a polo. Do I go with preppy blue or dark blue?
>>
>>36786553
god damn nigga do you want one of us to go on the date for you too?
>>
>>36786553
Dark blue maybe? That and some jeans would be a pretty good ensemble, or chinos or slacks if you have em.

Anything should be fine anon, as long as you're clean shaven (or even some rugged Chad-esque stubble, just as long as you don't have a neckbeard), your teeth are brushed, hair styled nicely, and aren't wearing a fedora, trenchcoat or meme t-shirt, you should be good man.

You said you're going to a dive bar right?
>>
Okay maybe that last post was just a bit paranoid. Anon, I promise you're overthinking things. You have a plan, AND a backup plan if the location gets dull. Buy condoms just in case, but don't expect it because it's your first date. I'm not a robot, so maybe I sound too optimistic, but females are not that different than dudes. Tackle Saturday with the mindset that she's also nervous about meeting someone new. Use that as leverage to escalate your confidence. The more confident you feel, the more confident you will act and it will work as a feedback loop. Remember after talking about what you like to do and hobbies and stuff NOT to dismiss them as "stupid" or something similiar in an attempt to be able to have an escape route in class she actively hates something you like. Whenever you describe something you do, love, or are, try to communicate that you have all the justification in the world for liking it. Also don't put her on a pedestal. Talk to her sincerely, but with confidence, like you do this every week and if she doesn't like you for some reason, it's because you weren't interested enough to humor her. It's a fine line, but it's one that can be embodied with a little help.
>>
>>36786578
That would help.

>>36786622
Ok I'm going to wear the dark blue with jeans.

We're hitting a dive bar.
>>
>>36786668
Awesome man! I feel happy for you anon, though a little jealous. I haven't been on a date in 3 years, and tomorrow is my night to sit alone at my local bar as all the Stacies and townsfolk drink and smile around me.

What's she look like?
>>
>>36786668
look dude just as that anon above the post im quoting said, you're overthinking things. this is the quickest way for you to fuck this up, stop it. the whole be urself meme is about relaxed in your own skin, relaxed in public and in the situation you will be in. I know it's hard, I do, but only good can come from this one way or another. you get experience in the very very least, and while it doesn't sound like a lot it's precisely one thing better than what you had before it all
glhf
>>
Also, should I wear cologne on this date?
>>
>>36786994
I do not own any but I can shell out for some.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.