[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do I feel this way

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 8

File: IMG_7464.jpg (142KB, 1600x1000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7464.jpg
142KB, 1600x1000px
I have this aching depression feeling, and I just can't seem to get rid of it. I have like everything i could want except the 2 girls I fucked it up with, and the fact that I can't make friends at all. I know I probably sound like a fag, but I just can't get rid of this feeling of depression or whatever the fuck is keeping me down
>>
File: IMG_0199.jpg (15KB, 469x256px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0199.jpg
15KB, 469x256px
>>36778753
Smoke more weed and drink more alcohol, helps you to get rid of that shitty empty feeling, trust me
>>
>>36778753
>>36778753
how old are you?

originalimo
>>
>>36778821
I'm eighteen years of age
>>
File: IMG_0719.jpg (66KB, 500x467px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0719.jpg
66KB, 500x467px
>>36778794

Weed does the exact opppsite in my experience. I get crippling existential dread about the failures of my life.

OP. I am just starting to get out of this mindset, it's been with me most of my 20s. I know this sounds like bro-tier Chad, normie advice, but if you focus on developing yourself and take things less seriously things fall into place better. It sounds like new age hippy bullshit but there is some kind of magnetic principle in life. If you accept feeling depressed and act like a sullen fuck all the time that's all you will ever be.

Take little steps every day and eventually you will feel better about yourself and positive momentum will start to build
>>
>>36778794
Ehh I'd be drinking and smoking alone, and i heard that's like the worst thing to do
>>
>>36778902
It works for me every time. It sucks but you'll get used to it because you have no choice
>>
>>36778900
I believe in that, it just seems empty, or not worth it at times, I'm trying to actually go on no-fap (it actually worked when I did it for like a month), and I'm getting rid of acne and, the thing is, i look like a chad (not bragging), and I feel like I should be more social but I know deep down I'm not welcome or something similar to that.
>>
File: IMG_0434.jpg (91KB, 650x500px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0434.jpg
91KB, 650x500px
>>36778996

It doesn't have to happen all at once. Baby steps.

Ive talked with my therapist about this exact issue a lot. We robots and cyborgs tend to by hypercritical of ourselves to the point where it obscures our self image. How you see yourself and how the world sees you are two different things, and more often than not, people are viewed positively by others.

As you get older people tend to care less about weird social quirks. After people have been through heartbreaks, they tend to develop better empathy and see the person under the weird facade.

I can't emphasize enough how important it is to get regular exercise. Science strongly supports a correlation between exercise and reduced depression
>>
File: IMG_7170.jpg (177KB, 880x880px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7170.jpg
177KB, 880x880px
>>36779200
I need to start doing that, I'm /fit/ but I need excercize, but I think its making me even more lazy the depression is
>>
If anyone else has an opinion who's llurking, we could talk together about it.
>>
File: IMG_0585.jpg (18KB, 200x195px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0585.jpg
18KB, 200x195px
>>36779246

I definitely know that feeling. Three years ago I got lead on and rejected by a girl who slept with me and told me she loved me. She cucked me for Chad

I had no friends and got a DUI and was working a shitty job. This year I will graduate with a masters and have plenty of friends and a waifu. Things get better if you have faith that they can OP. You don't need to feel good, but if you can feel neutral and have a little faith, just a tiny little bit, things can work out
>>
File: IMG_6965.jpg (277KB, 911x1331px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6965.jpg
277KB, 911x1331px
>>36779377
Shit man sounds like the life, I just got chucked by two chicks and it hurts so bad, i tried to hang myself, and i would have done it but I couldn't find a place to do it, but ill try to give life another shot man
>>
File: IMG_0485.jpg (76KB, 320x408px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0485.jpg
76KB, 320x408px
>>36779451

Getting cucked is the worst feeling a human being can experience, I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.

I don't know if you read the Bible or are any bit religious OP, and you don't have to be, but my favorite verse in the good book is Romans 8:28, it's worth a read.

It basically says that all experiences are working in concert to develop you as a person. Even your darkest moments are helping to develop you and make you stronger. Hang in there my man
>>
>>36779602
I appreciate it anon, I'm kind of an agnostic, but ill look it up and give it a read, you really helped my mindset my dude thank you
>>
great advices guys, seriously, if all 4chan was like this more often this would be a better place for improvement of ourselves
>>
>>36780125
We need a self improvement board, with anons that actually like to help others and get help as well we can cal it /sei/
>>
>>36779602
Romans 8:28 only applies to born-again Christians.

>And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. (Ro 8:28 NIV)

It's a promise but it's condition.

>God works all things out for your good
>IF YOU LOVE GOD, and are called according to this purpose

Not trying to be nitpicky but don't give people false hope.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.