[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who here /tragic genius/

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 9

File: 1491865109595.jpg (18KB, 310x228px) Image search: [Google]
1491865109595.jpg
18KB, 310x228px
Who here /tragic genius/
>>
Depression is most prevalent at low IQ. You might think you're a genius but sadly you're not.
>>
>>36775958
this. I'm a worthless idiot. Only good thing I could ever do is off myself.
>>
File: ozy.jpg (65KB, 183x406px) Image search: [Google]
ozy.jpg
65KB, 183x406px
we have the makings of supervillainy
it is what the world needs, friend
a true common enemy that can give them a real challenge
we will bring peace to earth by trying to destroy it
>>
Genius should only refer to someone of intellect who achieves.
>>
>>36775998
>Genius should support me, a non-genius.
You have it the wrong way around. You should only exist insofar as you can enable genius, which is the highest expression of life.
>>
>>36775917
The only reason I'm a robot is because people hate me because I'm smart and they're jealous.
>>
>>36775917
>serious personality?
>lets give you social anxiety too
>>
You're probably not as intelligent as you think you are, like most people on 4chan.
>>
Did "smart but depressed" replace "smart but lazy"?
>>
>>36775917
Know what's most prevalent at high IQ? Anxiety.

Panic disorder fag checking in. Also have tested genius IQ (I know, BFD).
The elevated anxiety sucks cocks.
>>
>>36776206
Laziness (lack of motivation) can be a symptom of depression, and depression sounds less self-critical, so yeah
>>
If you are really that smart, why won't you figure your way out of depression?
>>
>>36776090
More likely that you're a fat, socially retard fuck that makes shitty jokes like the rest of us. Or are you even more autistic then /r9k/'s average?
>>
>>36776090
>because I'm smart
Most likely you're above average intelligence, did well in school (because you had nothing better to do like a social life), and never had to actually challenge yourself or had someone else challenge you.

I'm also willing to bet you go around acting like an autist spouting memes wearing a fedora.
>>
>>36775917
>people, peers, adults have been telling me I'm oh so smart my entire life
>the closer ones also told me I am unbeliavebly stupid despite being smart as hell

I am more of clown/eccentric genius desu wit u OP.

Yes, I could play your fucking game. Yes it is very likely that I would be successful. Yes I have no problem attracting beautiful women due to my alluring charm.

But what if I want to be Diogenes type of guy? What if I truly desire to be (and stay) a bum/nomad?

Maybe I will change one day. Who knows.
>>
File: 1484247160634.jpg (56KB, 645x773px) Image search: [Google]
1484247160634.jpg
56KB, 645x773px
>>36776319
Yeah you shouldn't act like an autist, you should always display an assumed 'cool' personality to give the best impression. That is what every smart person does.
>>
>>36776361
You do know most socially adjusted people don't have to pretend to be something they're not, yet their normal personalities are not fedorad neckbearded redditors, right?
>>
>>36776403
Yes, they do. Even when they aren't aware of it.
>>
File: 348508940948928.jpg (23KB, 414x425px) Image search: [Google]
348508940948928.jpg
23KB, 414x425px
IQ < 140 most prone to depression because too stupid to solve own problems
sorry brainlets
>>
>>36776434
Yes I'm sure you're an expert on normal people behavior in order to assume that every normie is faking it.

Face it, social intelligence is just recognizing facial cues and body language. If you were so smart you'd be able to be a normie.
>>
>>36776477
You'd be able to, but you sure as hell wouldn't want to.
You don't need to be a normie to be happy, you just gotta avoid being a robot : )
>>
>>36776403
Well, even the most socially adjusted human being has to repress certain feelings,thoughts, impulses, desires, etc to fit in. Normies can display their "normal" personalities because their deviations were succesfully repressed during their upbringing. A personality is an agreement between our feral nature and society, socially adjusted people are by definition shaped by social norms, the "real" you and a socially acceptable personality are incompatible, because the "real" you is not "listening to 90s grunge music" or "voting democrat" or "wearing pink", the real you is "eat, reproduce, survive"
>>
>>36776251
>brain makes me prone to wanting to kill myself
>tried doing sport, socializing, sleeping enough, doing what I love but still felt like killing myself even when everything should be fine
>can't afford therapist

I don't think you can just "figure your way" out of it.

Also, really gifted people tend to be a bit autistic, which means they're amazing at doing one think (like math) but suck at another, to compensate (aka social interaction and feelings).
So real geniuses can be absolutely retarded when it comes to dealing with themselves.
>>
>>36775958
Fpbp
Every time every year
>>
>>36775958
I mean, there's a very high chance that he's not a genius, but it's entirely possible to be extremely smart and depressed.

That said there's nothing more annoying than self-proclaimed "geniuses" that have a 120+ IQ and think they're the next Einstein when up to around 140 you're basically just "smart", and above that you're just "very smart", but in no ways a genius.

To be a genius you have to be exceptionnaly good at one, specific thing.
If your IQ is 160 but it's averaged out between all the categories, chances are you'll be a pretty "well-rounded-smart" person. If your IQ is 160 but it's only because your top-scores in math were undermined by something you're shit at, like language, then chances are people are gonna call you a math-genius.
>>
>>36776477
Discussing this with you is stupid, since you are stupid. In what world can a person live and think people are genuine all of the time.
>>
>tfw when I was too smart for school so I never graduated
>>
File: 1493586478733.jpg (236KB, 1600x1561px) Image search: [Google]
1493586478733.jpg
236KB, 1600x1561px
>robot
>brother is doing even worse than me
>my uncle is the epitome of robotness and a genuine creep (weighs less than 50 kg, literally wears the same clothes since 1990 and always looks like he's going to murder someone)

I'm sensing a pattern there.
While some traits are the fruit of experience, most of your personality is actually genetically defined.
>>
File: 1491385175710.jpg (83KB, 600x554px) Image search: [Google]
1491385175710.jpg
83KB, 600x554px
>>36777700
C H E C C
>>
File: 1491410381108.png (335KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
1491410381108.png
335KB, 633x758px
>tfw not even a nerd

what am i
>>
>>36775917
>tfw tragic retard

>>36775958
this is true. I used to think that I was a musical genius who could reproduce anything by ear but I'm struggling to play the god damn super mario bros theme and have no motivation to dick around in FL Studio.
>>
>>36776545
That's not true at all. That's just memes the weak fall prey too. Normie and robot alike. To even claim you can't be true to yourself is echoing how much you fear judgment
>>
>>36777775
A shitposter
Here's your (You) hope it's enough to keep you warm tonight.
>>
Never doing anything challenging gives you a false sense of intelligence since if you just do easy things you obviously will never get that feeling of being too dumb to understand something. With this false sense of intelligence you will start to avoid anything challenging on purpose to never be confronted with reality, your fear will increase more and
more.

Intelligence always needs to get practically proved and I'm talking about true intelligence in its entirety and not just meme intelligence like IQ. You actually need to get crushed over and over by challenging problems and in the end always prove superior. Relying on unproven intelligence is the most retarded and normalfag think to do.
>>
>be me
>always be told im smart
>start to belie it
>fuck up 7th grade because of depression that hit me like a train (parents divorced, had to move, sameold sameold)
>start to belive im not a genius
>8th grade
>learned to turn depression into apathy and that to social excellence
>get alot of friends, grades go up
>realise the mind can do anything it puts itself to
>realise IQ is pointless and tests cant be accurate
>cruise through high school
>earn 200k a year
>get dream wife
>grow old with many kids/grandkids as a millionaire
>on deathbed
>reminisce about good times
>feel myself slipping away
>a life well lived
>slip into the darkness
>wake up
>in heaven
>i see god for the first time
>he tells me everything is pointless and he isnt real
>spiral into nothingness
>and then a man hands me a crisp $100 bill
>yfw noone here is a genius
>yfw tragic geniuses dont exist
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.