[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Human beings are really fucking awful. Wouldn't you agree?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 10

File: 1470776178356.jpg (335KB, 876x1016px) Image search: [Google]
1470776178356.jpg
335KB, 876x1016px
Human beings are really fucking awful.
Wouldn't you agree?
>>
yes most
>>
>>36775092
everyone is awful, some are just less awful than others
>>
>>36775092
Compared to what, exactly? We seem to eat far fewer of our own children than most other mammals.
>>
>>36775513
>We seem to eat far fewer of our own children than most other mammals.
Maybe we shouldn't
>>
>>36775092
Reality or God or whatever causes such scarcity and pain is worse.
>>
>>36775092
Yes, indeed. So, how's it like in space, Alien-chan?
>>
File: 1492991422292.jpg (134KB, 640x470px) Image search: [Google]
1492991422292.jpg
134KB, 640x470px
Nobody's bothering me.
>>
humans are the product of the culture within which they toil
the culture is the sum of the people that contribute to it
an individual contributes little but is influenced a great deal
radically altering a total culture will radically alter humanity
do you have to radically alter every individual in order to radically alter a culture?
>>
>>36775092
No, I don't agree. Humans are not inherently awful, but they absolutely are right now. Know why? Because people are a product of their environment, and god knows we inherited a world that sucks donkey dick.
>>
>>36775773
>>36775765
hivemind huh
>>
>>36775092
We are aren't we. I am pretty awful too actually, glad i can relate to another awful human being.
>>
>>36775773
Dude people have been raping and killing and doing horrible things to each other since the dawn of civilization. In fact i'd go as far as to say that we're living in a pretty chill period of history right now compared to other eras. i mean just look at what a complete fuck up the 20th century was
>>
>>36776007
I don't care about the atrocities, they're bound to happen. What I care about is everyday life and how average people treat each other. In the 21st century, we've already reached new lows in that regard
>>
>>36776057
>21 century
Not realizing that people is still primal and basic as always
Wake the fuck up, not because you can send a picture of your dick to someone on Moskow being in Ghana doesent mean humanity has "Changed"
>>
>>36776105
That's not what this is about. Although people live their lives so quickly, so intensely that they become indifferent to the existence of others and their suffering. The problem is not just the internet (which does more than making communication more convenient; it's one of the driving factors behind anti-intellectualism), but also the Sexual Revolution which has turned society into a collective of sex-crazed cretins. Then there's the thriving consumerist movement, then there's the fact that when someone does something decent they have to post about it on youtube or facebook, then there's the fact that an increasing number of people come from single parent households and turn out emotionally dysfunctional
>>
>>36776057
But people are more educated than, say fifty years ago even. Illiteracy has plummeted, humans are on the whole less retarded than they have ever been before. I'd say that it's more difficult to stumble across someone who'd disembowel you over some petty shit than say in the middle ages or as close as the 19th century. Atrocities that humans commit against each other are a reflection of the current society and now the worst thing we have is terrorism, which would be considered child's play one hundred years ago.
>>
>>36776298
Dude humans have been fucking since the penis and the vagina where invented. Why do you think puberty starts at 13-14. 10000 bc you'd hit your peak at around nineteen and then die in your mid thirties. You'd have to reproduce as much as possible to ensure the survival of your tribe, that's why fucking like rabbits would be essential. Try to look beyond the past one hundred years of human history and you will understand this.
>>
>>36776342
Illiteracy has nothing to do with violence. It's almost always desperation that drives people to commit murder, it's hardly a wonder that today's murderers are nearly all poor. In the Middle Ages, one way to cope with hardship and poverty was a sense of community and belonging. Strangers would actually care for each other, not just in small ways. Nowadays, people barely look at each other. Everyone's a bit of a piece of shit, too.
>>
File: mating_cad_dad-copy1.jpg (1MB, 3333x2500px) Image search: [Google]
mating_cad_dad-copy1.jpg
1MB, 3333x2500px
>>36776451
You're not very smart, buddy

Here's the what the sexual revolution means. On the left, you have a phenomenon that was never seen at any point in human history until the 1960s. The result? Casual sex, spike in male suicide, massive divorce rates, single-parents, the spread of STDs, etc.
>>
File: 1487642423138.png (2MB, 1024x1440px) Image search: [Google]
1487642423138.png
2MB, 1024x1440px
Humans do have an awful nature. It's a biological fact. Our brains are not made to be good; they are only made to ensure the species could survive.
Thinking about all the violence, arrogance, foolishness and hatred...

The only thing worthy that Mankind has ever created is yuri anime.
>>
>>36776487
Poverty, low intelligence and violence are highly related to each other (though I believe this is to do more to the environment than with genetics so don't jump the gun there).
But yeah the fact that we live in such an overpopulated society means that in a city you can get knifed by a bunch of crackheads in the middle of the day and people will just happily walk by. On the other hand, if you live in a small village and your friend Bill, whom you've known all your life, has a broken leg and can't plow his fields, you'll do your best to help him out. You and everybody else in the village except uncle jim who's a fucking weirdo and nobody likes anyway
>>
>>36776564
Try to get an education that goes beyond r9k 101 m8. If you talk about this with anybody in the out side world you're gonna look like an idiot.
>>
>>36776864
Oh really? because everything you've said so far is the dumbest, most oversimplified shit I've seen, which you try to pass off as wisdom. The Sexual Revolution is a real historical event and it has real repercussions, your lack of understanding doesn't change that. The alienation we're seeing speaks for itself, even if your rose-tinted glasses make you ignore the most obvious post-modern ills of society
>>
Normies are flawed rather than straight out evil. I don't think anyone wakes up one morning and says "I'm going to be evil", there is always some psychological motivation.
>>
>>36775092
I agree, not one of these creations is righteous, they must all be sifted.

repent and be saved you wicked dogs
>>
File: IMG_0052.jpg (140KB, 640x598px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0052.jpg
140KB, 640x598px
Morality is a social construct.
Do what ever it takes to ensure the survival of yourself and your kin.
>>
Post moar Zdzislaw beksinski
>>
>>36777090
Fuck
Forgot pic
Originaldo
>>
>>36776105
HOLY SHIT THIS
Why don't more people realize this? We haven't changed at all, we just have more things to use and play with. Entertainment is the same as it's ever been except instead of going to the fucking Colosseum or whatever you start playing a video game or a fucking movie with gladiators.
>>
>>36775092
No.

Can someone enlighten me on this meme? I honestly don't see how people can think humans are awful, I just believe they're awful to get along with
>>
>>36776993
Speak for yourself buddy. The only alienated person here is you, with your closed minded basement dwelling pseud theories. Yes the Sexual revolution is a thing that happened but it isn't THE BIGGEST EVENT IN MODERN HISTORY like you're trying to paint it as. It was just people trying to break away from the ultraconcervative enviroment of the time. Our greatest instinct as humans is to fuck other humans, just because you haven't managed to figure a way to make it work doesn't mean everybody else is in the wrong.
>>
File: 1471885297304.jpg (51KB, 639x426px) Image search: [Google]
1471885297304.jpg
51KB, 639x426px
>>36775092
Speak for yourself

original content
>>
>>36776352
poor doggo
Oregon
>>
>>36777239
>Yes the Sexual revolution is a thing that happened but it isn't THE BIGGEST EVENT IN MODERN HISTORY like you're trying to paint it as.

Then give me an explanation for the catastrophic birthrates in Western countries. And keep in mind some of those countries try to compensate with mass-immigration of ethnic groups who typically have more than 3 children per women

Go on, I'll wait.

By the way, our "greatest instincts" did not invent writing and governments and agriculture an computers. Appealing to nature doesn't validate your position
>>
File: 1493860754504.png (9KB, 420x420px) Image search: [Google]
1493860754504.png
9KB, 420x420px
>>36777239
How about you fuck off, normalfag.
>>
>>36777371
If by catastrophic birth rates you are referring to the fact that people are having LESS children than before... then this is due to the fact that the costs of raising a child are becoming more and more expensive and these days acquiring a job that actually pays well doesn't happen until people reach their mid thirties. By which time they only bother with having one child if any at all. And the sexual revolution was about people having more not less sex so I don't know what the fuck you're talking about.
>>
File: IMG_0662.png (13KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0662.png
13KB, 657x527px
>>36775092
I actually like humans... should I kill myself?
>>
>>36777843
>le meme frogposter calling me a normalfag
Ok then friendo
>>
>>36777939
No that actually makes you pretty redeemable. Stay alive we need lovely people like you
>>
>>36777878
There's so much wrong with your post holy shit

The fertility rates had been dropping long before the economic crisis of 2008, and the real reason women have less children is because they are encouraged to pursue careers and higher education. That's part of it anyway; the other major factor is the hookup culture which is a hindrance to the forming of long-term relationships and commitment. People in general look for excitement, when there is no more to be found in their monogamous relationship, they either move on or start cheating and get found out

>And the sexual revolution was about people having more not less sex

Recreational, protected sex. Also abortions

Hooking up with strangers is an act that's rewarding in the moment, but fucks you over as you grow older, since it increases your likelihood of dying alone, or simply finding little enjoyment in sex when you do find a partner to spend your life with.
>>
>>36778432
I'm on my phone and I'm too tired to point out all the holes and contradictions in your argument, but anyway.
>protected sex
Protected sex only really became a thing during the 80s with the arrival of HIV two decades after the so called sexual revolution.
>abortions
Abortion rates in unexpected pregnancies are pretty low. Most women will decide to keep the baby. Abortion is generally used in cases where the fetus has a genetic malfunction.
Also show me any evidence that backs your theory that multiple partners increase the chances of dying alone. In fact, it makes more sense that some individuals wouldn't miss out on having a romantic partner now that life long marriages aren't a dominant aspect of society.
Generally people wait an average of 2-3 years in a relationship before they decide whether or not they want to have a child with their partner. And 2-3 years is the minimum amount of time for a serious relationship. People enjoy casual sex, but most of the time they seek a companionship that will be long lasting. As for cheating, that just general trashiness and lack of empathy. Which I think we can both agree is a common trait in most human behaviour.
>>
>>36779378
>Abortion rates in unexpected pregnancies are pretty low.

that's not something that helps your narrative, the one suggesting that somehow children have gotten so expensive that birth rates went from above 3 per women to below replacement levels. Which by the way, I hope you're aware is causing an aging of the population.

>Also show me any evidence that backs your theory that multiple partners increase the chances of dying alone.

Everything. Relationships don't last, marriages don't last. How many millennials do you think will live their final days alone and forgotten?

>In fact, it makes more sense that some individuals wouldn't miss out on having a romantic partner now that life long marriages aren't a dominant aspect of society.

Having multiple partners means your standards eventually get higher. Once you decide to "settle down" instead of steering clear of commitment and serious relationships, you spend the rest of your life looking for Mr or Mrs Perfect. The odds are not in your favor in this case, no matter how much you put yourself out there

>And 2-3 years is the minimum amount of time for a serious relationship.

2-3 years is the average time relationships last.

>As for cheating, that just general trashiness and lack of empathy. Which I think we can both agree is a common trait in most human behaviour.

Cheating was common long before sexual freedom. But does the enabling of promiscuity and the casual attitude towards sex actually help? Or does it make it worse?

It's a lot easier to lack empathy and be generally apathetic when nothing is sacred. And that's what's wrong with our world today: nothing is sacred anymore. I'm 20 years old, an atheist, been single for 4 years and I am disgusted with the idea of having children, yet I know that makes me in the wrong. I'm not alone in this; our culture is getting gradually more accepting of the "child-free" lifestyle
>>
>>36779378
>>36779720
Also,

>Protected sex only really became a thing during the 80s with the arrival of HIV two decades after the so called sexual revolution.

No, that's when it started being called "protected sex". Because if you were only looking to avoid pregnancy, you wouldn't call it "protected sex". More like "preventive sex"

No, the use of birth control became common and "normal" right around the 50s and 60s. The Sexual Revolution.
>>
>>36779720
Whatever man i feel like you're just clutching at straws and don't actually have any solid evidence to back your argument. There's overpopulation anyway and humans are destroying the fucking planet so who really gives a fuck if there are less of us in the future. Personally i think i'd be doing the earth a favour by not having any children. As for social morals and ethics, we just invent them as we go along and a thousand years from now if humans are still around there will be something completly different.
I'm not trying to preach, or trying change your point of view. Believe what you want to believe but sometimes just step away from the echo chamber where everybody thinks and says the same things all the time. Reading from different points of view can help you get a better understanding of a subject. And i don't disagree with everything you say but there are certain key factors in your argument that i just can't come to terms with.
We humans give ourselves too much importance. We're just dumb animals who know how to wiggle our thumbs.
>>
>>36775092
http://knowledgenuts.com/2013/07/17/forgotten-horrors-ant-walking-alligators-of-hiroshima/
>>
>>36780152
>There's overpopulation anyway and humans are destroying the fucking planet so who really gives a fuck if there are less of us in the future

Birthrates below replacement levels means more than just a decreased population; it means the population is aging, and each individual worker will have to support more elderly. They'll have to raise the age of retirement age, but it won't be enough. That's why there's so much immigration these days; if we didn't have immigration, we'd look like Japan, which is aging insanely fast.

>Personally i think i'd be doing the earth a favour by not having any children.

You're wrong. Do you see an end to the growing population of Africa, India and other third world countries? Your idealism is not benefiting anyone, not even yourself. That attitude you have is nothing more and nothing less than the parasite which will be the downfall of Western Civilization (but you don't care about that)

>As for social morals and ethics, we just invent them as we go along and a thousand years from now if humans are still around there will be something completly different.

Just a few decades ago we had major reforms in ethics and morals, for the first time in centuries. Look how well that's working out for us; we're stagnating and our people have no moral direction in life, no meaning. Everyone's cynical, suicidal or doing the Scroll of Death

>Believe what you want to believe but sometimes just step away from the echo chamber where everybody thinks and says the same things all the time.

I'm sorry, but your stance is the easy one to have. I am 20 fucking years old: your liberal bullshit is what I hear everyday in college, over and over again. If either of us is a conformist who won't "step away from the echo chamber", it's you.

>but there are certain key factors in your argument that i just can't come to terms with.

I don't blame you for that. I exaggerated some stuff to be fair

cont.
>>
Only in the context of other human beings
And you'd have to be a human yourself to find them awful
I am human and nothing human is alien to me
>>
File: B8A41N_CEAALrtm.jpg (66KB, 584x759px) Image search: [Google]
B8A41N_CEAALrtm.jpg
66KB, 584x759px
>>36775092
Humans are the only evil creatures on Earth purely because we are the only ones to define and have a sense of good and evil morality. Despite inventing an arbitrary idea of what is evil. When a tiger kills and eats a baby, it's not evil because it has no concept of evil, nor did it ever care for such a concept, it's just eating a meal. When a human kills and eats a baby because it invented the idea of evil, defined such an act as evil, and did it anyway.
>>
>>36775092
I learned that I'm a misanthrope today as well.
I don't know if it's humanity I distrust and loathe exactly, or if I have more of a distrust and loathing for society. It's just this feeling of likesay rejection that the world has impressed upon me. Not only is it that, but it is what I observe in how others treat each other and not just me.
I'm on my last leg at this point in life. I have very little left and no time to pursue my true dreams because of the chains which bind me to the ground we call "normality."
I've honestly thought about committing some sort of crime to get myself locked up for a certain period of time. A crime where the sentencing would be maybe around 1 to 3 years. In prison, everything else is taken care of for me. They let you use instruments and write in most prisons/jails (after you earn privileges). I would finally have time to pursue my dreams and when I get out I may just have the skill and talent to make my dreams a reality.
>>
>>36780152
>We humans give ourselves too much importance. We're just dumb animals who know how to wiggle our thumbs.

That's because evolution hasn't caught up with the progress we've made. Writing has only existed for 5000 years, for god's sake. But that's the thing; civilization doesn't exist to keep us close to our primitive nature. We're moving away from it. Perhaps too quickly and too efficiently, as is evident by the obesity problem in the US and people's reliance on the internet for knowledge and problem-solving

but we don't give ourselves too much importance. We can never give ourselves too much importance; we are the subject from which the concept of "importance" arose.

Ever heard the phrase "If a tree falls in a forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?"
>>
>>36775092
sauce?
This is really fucking cool and disturbing
>>
Moralfags ruined humanity
>>
>>36780833
Quite the opposite. Now that there are no "moralfags" in developed countries anymore, in less than 200 hundred years the world will be dominated by human ants (commie chinks) and babboons. No colonizing planets, no transhumanism. Just shitting in the open and exhausting earth's resources
>>
>>36780671
Dude don't give me that "you're a liberal" crap.
You make some good arguments, some of the stuff you say sounds like you read briefly and only half remember it. Some of what you say is horse shit and no matter how well constructed and coherent you try to sell it to me it doesn't change the fact that it's horseshit. And i'm sure i have the same problems in my own arguments.
This has been an interesting discussion anon and i'd love to carry on, but unfortunetly i'm tired and i need to get some sleep, so goodnight. If this thread is up tomorrow i'll carry on the debate. If not it was interesting talking to you. No hard feelings.
>>
>>36780952
>some of the stuff you say sounds like you read briefly and only half remember it

No shit, because this is a loaded subject and I have to condense a lot of stuff

>Some of what you say is horse shit and no matter how well constructed and coherent you try to sell it to me it doesn't change the fact that it's horseshit

Like what?

Thanks for being a good dude though. I feel bad for getting carried away and insulting you
>>
>>36779378
You're so full of shit where do you get all this crap from, a wikipedia?

Protected sex has been a thing since ancient Egypt you absolute fucking moron.

And the rest of the crap you spout...
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.