[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/mentally ill/ general I fell asleep edition

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5

File: 1475793924165.jpg (60KB, 706x706px) Image search: [Google]
1475793924165.jpg
60KB, 706x706px
>>36759854
I was actually on lamitrogine for a while and it did nothing. I am on aripiprazole right now which was working miracles at first but seems to have stopped working or at least declined in it's strength. I've always wanted to try amphetamines to see if they'd help the cognitive issues. I'm glad you've found the right combo.

>>36760098
>>36760116
It suxx. It's nice to know I'm not alone.

>>36760117
Iktf (to some degree). Deep depressive episodes and anhedonia suck. I'm sorry that you had to drop out. Depression is a bitch. There'sson to apologize for blog but posting that's basically the point of this thread.

>>36760352
Unsupportive parents suck. Iktf too well. Sorry anon.

>>36761569
Auto DQs suck but they make sense. One thing I don't understand is that we can't join the military but some how transgender people can.
>>
File: 1491607743602.jpg (38KB, 436x413px) Image search: [Google]
1491607743602.jpg
38KB, 436x413px
>>36763865
>tfw have been on antidepressants on and off since I was twelve

I can't help but think that getting put on them to begin with was a huge mistake and just made me more unstable. Back then it was prozac and studies are coming out now about how terrible it is to use on kids.
>>
>>36763933
Same although I don't think it did anything to me. I didn't stay on them long or consistently enough. Are you doing any sort of talk therapy?
>>
>>36764045
I've done both group therapy and one on one therapy through the years but neither really worked for me.
>>
>>36764096
Damn, have you tried CBT? I know depression can be resilient, I am just asking.
>>
File: 1487611173661.jpg (183KB, 768x1052px) Image search: [Google]
1487611173661.jpg
183KB, 768x1052px
I'm going to a psychiatrist for the first time ever next week and I was wondering how long does it usually take to get an actual diagnosis? I'm absolutely certain I have major depressive disorder and my therapist also thinks I have avoidant personality disorder.

Also earlier this week I felt reality melting around me and could see it melt with a 3rd eye but I'm not sure what any of that means as far as illnesses.
>>
>>36764173
They usually give you a diagnosis within the first meeting. Which kind of sounds fucked up when you think about it. About hat melting thing... Idk what to say but you should bring that up.
>>
>>36764147

CBT, IPT, and a blend of both and other methods. It's not continuous depression but I always end up relapsing even after months of feeling great. Right now I'm in an upswing so I'm hoping it lasts.
>>
>>36764270
Damn. Yeah depression is really hard to shake. Maybe I'm writing mg but I think most people (with depression) aren't continuously depression it usually comes in waves.
>>
>>36763865
>have pure o-ocd
>have it entire life
>daily functioning becomes more difficult over time
>isolate myself from everyone else in free time
>want to kill myself every day for a decade
>develop depression
>do worse and worse over time in school
>have no motivation for activity or jobs
>start to feel like a disappointment
>constantly hide that by being the goofball in the friends group, feel like a coward because of it
>go to therapy
>four months in, therapy hasn't helped in any shape or form
>therapist is an asshole when i try to cooperate with him and are respectful
>get worse and worse every day
>the only thing that stops you from killing yourself is family and friends

What's the point in living, I hate generic fortune cookie bullshit. "It all gets better, promise!". "Teh world needs you, we'll miss you!" Literally fuck off with that shit, fuck christian bullshit, fuck "permanent fix for a temporary problem".
>>
File: IMG_1127.jpg (197KB, 1433x1077px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1127.jpg
197KB, 1433x1077px
>on busipirone, and bupropion since last wednesday
>got locked up in the psych ward last week for 3 days even though i didnt mean to, i just wandered to the first psychiatric building i saw at the hospital i have insurance at
>diagnosis: "depression, severe, recurrent with psychosis"
>also have borderline personality disorder if my own judgement is to be trusted
>felt amazing when i got out
>days usually start off feeling good, slow change into some tense fucking emotion i cant identify, not quite anxiety, maybe, i cant fucking tell
>downswing is hard as fuck tonight
>suicidal ideation every single day
>cant sleep naturally, have to stay up until im on the brink of exhaustion
>otherwise i just lay awake anyway as memories and bullshit bubble up to make me want to kill myself or cut or burn
>parents took away my gun
>it needs cleaning
>also looking at felony drug charges because self-medication is illegal
>went to jail for two days, parents bailed me out
>being in there was pure hell
>didnt eat, sleep, dissociative the whole time
>still looking for a lawyer
Im goimg to kill myself if i have to go back.
Intermittent rage that gives way to a hollow sorrow.
When i wake up its always at 9 no matter when i went to bed. My mood in the morning is like smooth jazz in an empty room. Then it gives way to some sort of tense, blunted panic as i shuffle through work.
I wish she was still in my life. I wish i was worth loving. I wish i didnt break everything i cared about. I have no hope for a better future for myself or anyone.
>>
>>36764485
same problem as u, always had anxiety issues but got pure o-ocd 3 years ago and it's completely fked me over
I'm on 4 different drugs and I still feel like shit
>>
>>36763865
I recently scheduled a visit with a psychiatrist. I think I'm depressed, but the word is so overused these days that I don't know. I know you guys are not professionals but

>oversleep almost daily, takes me over an hour to fall asleep every night, typically have bad dreams
>wake up not wanting to do anything, lie in bed for an hour or more if I have the day off
>work ethic at work is suffering because I find it hard to care or stay motivated
>relationship is strained due to how needy and paranoid I am, find it hard to put the work in to fix it
>don't ever want to go out, hang out and talk with friends, or stay home
>can't be fucked to clean my room or apartment
>don't enjoy doing anything when I do go out, typically just wait to go back home
>lost interest in all my old hobbies
>fidget constantly

Does anyone here know these feels or am I just normal but a bitch
>>
File: MOMS GONNA FREAK.jpg (109KB, 1024x514px) Image search: [Google]
MOMS GONNA FREAK.jpg
109KB, 1024x514px
Bipolar schizophrenic (schizoaffective, bipolar type) here.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.